PDA

View Full Version : Hallet Schedule & Logistics???

y5e06
05-22-2006, 12:20 PM
Ok, less than a month away for the next round.

1) Will there be a Friday track day for Hallet? I've never seen the track and would like to run around up there before the start of Round5

2) Garages? How many are intending to get garages? what is the setup like? can 3 cars split a two garage bay? electricity available? garage setup, etc?

3) will there be a single 40 minute race on Sunday or will we (can we?) go back to the 4x20 event?

mitchntx
05-22-2006, 12:35 PM
There typically is a TnT day on Friday before the weekend. Call the track and ask Scott what the plan is.

I have already snagged race port 17/18 for the weekend for $150. Call early to reserve a half ... 3 cars means 2 will park nose to tail. There is power and the showers don't get turned on until 6am.

I like the 40 minute races ... but I'm easy and will go along with everyone else.

Adam Ginsberg
05-22-2006, 12:37 PM
Morgan -

1. Contact Hallett to see if they'll make the track available for Friday practice. They did in 2004, and 2005.

2. There is more than one type of garage at Hallett - an actual garage, that can accomodate one car, a large 4-6 car garage ( 2 of those, IIRC ), plus 6-8 car ports that can accomodate 4 cars ( 4 is tight, 2 is better ). ALL of the garages have 110vac, and lights. $150 for the entire garage, $75 for half, $37.50 for 1/4. Mitch has already gotten one....and so have I. ;)

3. We have yet to discuss the race format with NASA. Our initial thoughts are to run the 4x20 schedule. The nicest thing about a 40min race on Sunday is how early we get out. However, weather could be tough this time of year in OK.

For me personally, I like the 40min races. However, I'm good with either format.

Twalk amoungst ya selves about the format.

jeffburch
05-22-2006, 12:49 PM
Morgan -

1. Contact Hallett to see if they'll make the track available for Friday practice. They did in 2004, and 2005.

2. There is more than one type of garage at Hallett - an actual garage, that can accomodate one car, a large 4-6 car garage ( 2 of those, IIRC ), plus 6-8 car ports that can accomodate 4 cars ( 4 is tight, 2 is better ). ALL of the garages have 110vac, and lights. $150 for the entire garage, $75 for half, $37.50 for 1/4. Mitch has already gotten one....and so have I. ;)

3. We have yet to discuss the race format with NASA. Our initial thoughts are to run the 4x20 schedule. The nicest thing about a 40min race on Sunday is how early we get out. However, weather could be tough this time of year in OK.

For me personally, I like the 40min races. However, I'm good with either format.

Twalk amoungst ya selves about the format.

Though I'm probably the biggest advocate of longer races, 40 min in the June heat at HMRC will be a BIG challenge.
But do-able I suppose.

jb

Mike Bell
05-22-2006, 01:17 PM
Morgan -

C'mon AG, fearless leader, howzabout some help on this one? Can you get us a response/price from Hallett?

Adam Ginsberg
05-22-2006, 01:58 PM
Alrightly then......

Here's the deal - it's VERY TENATIVE AT THIS TIME, but please read on:

1. HMRC has an event already scheduled that Friday. However, that group should be clearing out by ~4pm.

2. They are looking at doing a late evening deal for us - from about 5-8pm Friday. We'll have sunlight until nearly 9pm. This will allow us to travel there during the day Friday, and spend about 3 hours practicing.

3. Costs should come in around ~$40-$50 per.

4. Minimum of 15 cars ( I doubt that will be a problem! ).

Scott w/Hallett will know about 1-2 weeks prior to our event if it's a GO for the 16th. I'll keep you all posted.

jeffburch
05-22-2006, 02:00 PM
Alrightly then......

Here's the deal - it's VERY TENATIVE AT THIS TIME, but please read on:

1. HMRC has an event already scheduled that Friday. However, that group should be clearing out by ~4pm.

2. They are looking at doing a late evening deal for us - from about 5-8pm Friday. We'll have sunlight until nearly 9pm. This will allow us to travel there during the day Friday, and spend about 3 hours practicing.

3. Costs should come in around ~$40-$50 per.

4. Minimum of 15 cars ( I doubt that will be a problem! ).

Scott w/Hallett will know about 1-2 weeks prior to our event if it's a GO for the 16th. I'll keep you all posted.
Yee-f'n-haw!
Count me in.

jb

Mike Bell
05-22-2006, 02:05 PM
Very nice deal, thanks AG!

michaelmosty
05-22-2006, 02:05 PM
Sweetness, I'll be in for the practice session.

Thanks for checking Adam!!

mitchntx
05-22-2006, 02:07 PM
No doubt. good deal, Adam.

Do you think you could give Scott's phone number to the person who set's the pricing schedule at MSR-H?

Adam Ginsberg
05-22-2006, 02:22 PM
Do you think you could give Scott's phone number to the person who set's the pricing schedule at MSR-H?

Any doubt why we all love Hallett?? ;)

marshall_mosty
05-22-2006, 03:19 PM
I'm in for the "after 5pm" practice!!

AI#97
05-22-2006, 03:38 PM
F'n A!!!! The return of Happy Hour is upon us!!!!!

Adam Ginsberg
05-22-2006, 04:25 PM
Almost forgot - this invitation is not for SchuVarner or Juan-Pablo Burch. We gotta find some way to hold those guys back. ;)

y5e06
05-22-2006, 04:34 PM
Almost forgot - this invitation is not for SchuVarner or Juan-Pablo Burch. We gotta find some way to hold those guys back. ;)

Thats easy, we'll make them use my tow vehicle.....

jeffburch
05-22-2006, 05:39 PM

Thats easy, we'll make them use my tow vehicle.....

MMMmmm, 454. Is it 4WD?
Can I have it now for prep?
I can see it down 1 side on a start ala EV going to the front.
2 or all 4 in the dirt.
Straight through the Bitch.
Can I get a pirate hat with that patch?
AAAaaarrrrggghhhhh!.
Where's my old white and black Camaro hood?

jb

Nick
05-22-2006, 06:03 PM
I'm in for the evening TnT. Need to bed some pads.

Which area hotel gets the best reviews?

CMC17
05-22-2006, 06:34 PM
http://www.tek-racing.net/pirate.gif

Arrrrr..mmmaaaattttteeeyyyy

The rest of you gallant foes retreat now while you can!

AI#97
05-22-2006, 06:49 PM

Surely JG has some kin up in OK....? Maybe the local PD can pull them over for an "inspection"?

jeffburch
05-22-2006, 07:02 PM

Don't blame me in this.
I'm a victim here.
Just a scholar that learns from the best.
Stiff front, soft rear, old hard tires with innumerable heat cycles.
Easy on the brakes, alotta trail brake entering, hold the speed up at the center, in the gas as early as you have sack to.
When in doubt use a taller gear.
Use all the track.
Simple fun.

jb

Adam Ginsberg
05-22-2006, 07:12 PM
Which area hotel gets the best reviews?

Camp at the track. You simply can't miss Hallett's version of reveille. :)

CMC17
05-22-2006, 07:35 PM

Don't blame me in this.
I'm a victim here.
Just a scholar that learns from the best.
Stiff front, soft rear, old hard tires with innumerable heat cycles.
Easy on the brakes, alotta trail brake entering, hold the speed up at the center, in the gas as early as you have sack to.
When in doubt use a taller gear.
Use all the track.
Simple fun.

jb

Where's the fun in that? LOL
You can see from my videos that I am quite busy keeping the steed on the pavement. It goes where it wants to most of the time and has a mind of its own. Maybe someday I will be able to kick back and pass at will when the notion strikes. LOL :D

jeffburch
05-22-2006, 09:04 PM
Maybe someday I will be able to kick back and pass at will when the notion strikes. LOL :D

I thought you were a die hard fomoco dude. :P

jb

CMC17
05-22-2006, 09:20 PM
Maybe someday I will be able to kick back and pass at will when the notion strikes. LOL :D

I thought you were a die hard fomoco dude. :P

jb

True Blue :D I like being the underdog and making those GM boyz lose to a Fairmont platform. Fo'shame to get beat by one of those ya know. :D 8)

Boudy
05-23-2006, 08:51 PM
Count me in Baby!!!

I wonder if Ali will let me practice with you guys on Friday? Either way, I'll be there on Friday.

Anyone want to share a 2 holer with me? Hell we stuffed 4 Cobras per garage a couple years ago.

Boudy

Lewis Tanner
05-30-2006, 11:16 AM
Count me in Baby!!!

I wonder if Ali will let me practice with you guys on Friday? Either way, I'll be there on Friday.

Anyone want to share a 2 holer with me? Hell we stuffed 4 Cobras per garage a couple years ago.

Boudy

If you've still got space, I'm up for sharing one of those covered paddock things just past the bitch if that's what you're referring to when you use the term "two holer" which could mean a lot of things that I'm not sure I want to share with anyone... :eek:

Boudy
06-07-2006, 10:58 PM
Yeah Lewis, that's them on the straight after The Bitch. I left a message for Scott but he has not returned my call. Lyons is there this weekend and he said he'd reserve me something.

I'm stayin' away from that 2 holer comment. :roll: :roll:

Boudy

Lewis Tanner
06-08-2006, 10:09 PM
Yeah Lewis, that's them on the straight after The Bitch. I left a message for Scott but he has not returned my call. Lyons is there this weekend and he said he'd reserve me something.

I'm stayin' away from that 2 holer comment. :roll: :roll:

Boudy

Cool, count me in for the second of the two available holes if you get it.