PDA

View Full Version : Lemons Team Thunderturd II Checking In

Boudy
04-03-2009, 09:36 AM
Good Morning: After a 21 hour trip with 417 stops we arrived at Carolina Motorsports Park. One stop was at Travel Country RV in Appling, GA to get the refrigerator repaired. Go figure, crust had fallen from the vent pipe and clogged the jet so it wouldn't light. Special thanks to Travel Country. They are good people with good service at a fair price. We were in, repaired, and on our way in less than an hour for a whopping total of $59. So here's a shameless plug to show our appreciation - www.travelcountryrv.com

We pulled in around 4:00 yesterday just in time for the ceremonial unlocking of the gate. Tired but hungry we fired up the grill and invested some quality time into yard bird and fermented beverage. Unfortunately we turned in early only to hear someone tuning up a a jalopy at 1:00 am.

Today is practice and the rest of our team is not due in with the car until tonight so it's grilled sausage, boudin, fermented beverage, and Rolaids for the rest of the day.

I'll check back in when something cool and worth reporting happens.

Later,

Boudy

cjlmlml
04-03-2009, 09:49 AM
Huh? You have a lemons team? Who is this?

Todd Covini
04-03-2009, 09:52 AM
WooHoo!!!! Boudy's back and going to add another AI/CMC Texan to the Lemons Champion list!!!!

michaelmosty
04-03-2009, 10:11 AM
Kick some ass Boudy!!! :D

AI#97
04-03-2009, 10:25 AM
Badass!!! Be smart, race clean and run YOUR race. keep the car out of the pits and start spreadin' the AI/CMC Texas love....otherwise known as leaving with the trophy!!! 8)

Boudy
04-03-2009, 10:30 AM
Nah, I'm just a hired gun on this one. :roll: :lol:

OK, fine, I bought my seat, so there. AND WHUT!?!? But really, I running with some buddies from Florida.

We been hanging around all morning and meeting our neighbors. It's shaping up to be a hell of a good time.

Boudy

Fbody383
04-03-2009, 11:08 AM
Oh I see... time to race with your FLORIDA friends...

AllZWay
04-03-2009, 11:15 AM
Go kick some butt Boudy....

Boudy
04-03-2009, 11:24 AM
Sure it seems that way but if I could have showed up with my helmet bag and crawled in somebody else's car, I could have made both of our events.

None the less, my car's about done so you're most likely stuck with me for rest of the events this year. :wink:

Boudy

michaelmosty
04-03-2009, 01:48 PM
None the less, my car's about done so you're most likely stuck with me for rest of the events this year. :wink:

Boudy
I think we can live with that! You have 2 weeks before TWS, get it done!! :)

Todd Covini
04-03-2009, 01:50 PM
Bring your sound system and any leftover grilled sausage, boudin, fermented beverage, and Rolaids!

ShadowBolt
04-03-2009, 04:13 PM
boudin

YES!

JJ

jeffburch
04-03-2009, 04:25 PM
Boudeaux,
I talked to Scott Stephens the other day and he asked about you.
I told him you were ornery as ever.
He asked if you were bringin the margarita machine 8)

jb

rpoz27
04-03-2009, 05:28 PM
Boudeaux,
I talked to Scott Stephens the other day and he asked about you.
I told him you were ornery as ever.
He asked if you were bringin the margarita machine 8)

jb

Workers were really disappointed that Boudy didn't bring the 'rita machine last year.

Boudy
04-04-2009, 11:12 AM
OK, we're 1 hour in and I can't find anything we haven't passed at least 3 or 4 times so we should be pretty well seated in the top. The Bird's running 150 degrees and pulling strong so far. Everything looks good.

I take over in 50 minutes. My fat ass is gonna have trouble with a 2 hour stint even with cool shirt so I'm hydrating best I can.

More later...

rb

Boudy
04-04-2009, 11:26 AM
They just posted an update, The Bird's in 1st place with an 11 second lead.

rb

donovan
04-04-2009, 12:30 PM
Awesome!!! Keep up the clean driving!!!

DD

Jeremy Gunter
04-04-2009, 01:13 PM
GO GET UM BOUDY!

watch it live!

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/24-hour-lemons-south

michaelmosty
04-04-2009, 02:06 PM
Awesome!!! Keep up the clean driving!!!

DD
Agreed, keep it clean and y'all will be in great shape!! :D

Boudy
04-04-2009, 04:30 PM
Darn! Darn! Darn!

Spin = Penalty
Had to change car to a New York scheme with spray cans before reentering race.

Contact = Penalty
Had to write "I'm Fucking Stupid" 100 times on the car before reentering race. Wasn't even our fault but they said after all the whining they had to deal with at the Texas race, they didn't care and didn't want to hear it. I think it was Jim Pantas yelling in the background, "One of em's from Texas!" :x :x :x

RF Flat = Pit Stop

Severed Fuel Line from Flat = Pit Stop

Dragging Tailpipe = Pit Stop

Net Profit = -47 Laps

Fun as hell though! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pics coming tonight.

Boudy

michaelmosty
04-04-2009, 06:53 PM
When it rains, it pours!! :lol:

Glad to hear y'all are having a fun time, they certainly are unique races. :D

Boudy
04-04-2009, 10:51 PM
And pours, and pours, and pours...

We got rear ended and the fuel cell was knocked loose. As it shifted back and forth, pressure built up and held the rollover ball up and the flap closed. We could not refuel the car and another penalty was assessed for spilled fuel. It's fixed now.

Hell we're done checking the lap postings, it's just time to relax and enjoy tomorrow.

Pics are too big and I don't have reduction FX. Hope to post some tomorrow.

Boudy

Todd Covini
04-05-2009, 10:16 AM
Runnin' 25th from what I can see.....get back on the horse Boudy!!!
(gosh that Mazda convertible contender is good lookin' :wink: )

http://jalopnik.com/5198750/24-hours-of-lemons-south-day-one-saab-leads-fiero-in-top-ten

Boudy
04-05-2009, 02:54 PM
Wow! We've been penalized so many times that they ran out of crap to do to us. At this point he said here, you can go back on track when all 8 of these paint cans are empty.

We ran half the day with inertia horns they made us mount next to the driver that blow like crazy under nothing less than full acceleration. Talk about drive you nuts!!!

Then Scott (FFR Nationals Champ) had to pose topless in a pink hat for all 12 months of a calendar full of dudes. Creapy but funny.

These yahoos showed up with a GT SN95 fitted with cam, headers, camber plates and who knows what else. They were 4 seconds faster than anything at the event. But they eventually paid the price, it's now completely unrecognizable as every even being a car. Funny, funny stuff.

All in all, it's been one hell of a blast. As far as I'm concerned the patch will serve as my trophy. Couldn't have been a better weekend.

Boudy

Boudy
04-05-2009, 04:08 PM
Hot Damn! We won Judge's Choice award. Our trophy was 3 cans of Viena sausage in a Crown Royal bag.

They claim that we earned 7 or 8 penalties (they lost count), argued and wined non stop, got caught tossing coil springs into trash cans at midnight, called the judges gay all weekend, and generally anoyed the hell out them. We denied all doing and asked to file a protest for being framed. They said, "SEE!!!"

Boudy

jeffburch
04-05-2009, 05:02 PM
Hot Damn! We won Judge's Choice award. Our trophy was 3 cans of Viena sausage in a Crown Royal bag.
Boudy

I'll trade you for 4 pot metal medallions.
Just need a rick of crackers :D

jb

michaelmosty
04-05-2009, 06:36 PM
Sounds like a great time Boudy, it is amazing how much crazy shit they can throw into a weekend!!
I'm not going to comment on the cowboy posing from the calendar. :shock:

Did the winning car stay clean the entire race?

Boudy
04-06-2009, 09:12 PM
Sorry but the Viena is being epoxied to the roof of the car for net event. :oops:

None of the Top 5 went unscaved that I could tell. The leader for most of the race was actually a Saab but I think maybe a BMW ended up winning.

rb

michaelmosty
04-06-2009, 09:31 PM
I read the BMW 3-series won and a Volkswagon Jetta got second, not sure where everyone else ended up.

We expect a full write-up ASAP. Glad to hear the Thunderturd lived for another event!!