PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Annual TWS Rod Run

rpoz27
04-06-2009, 12:22 PM
Texas World Speedway will be holding another Rod Run this year on Sunday, July 5th. There will be a car show, swap meet, burnout contest, moonwalk bouncy things for the kids, Star Mazda teams, ride alongs, a charity run in the morning, other stuff that I've forgotten at the moment, and (I hope y'all are up for this) mock races. We have one group that wants to run the oval in their roadsters. I would like to have AI/CMC run the 1.8. Are you guys interested?

Waco Racer
04-06-2009, 12:54 PM
YES!

Todd Covini
04-06-2009, 02:27 PM
Define "run the 1.8"
Exhibition race???

Glad you guys are doing this again. I missed it last year.

rpoz27
05-05-2009, 10:22 PM
New TWS website was just launched - http://www.texasworldspeedway.com/home.html

Looks like the mock races will be on the oval. If you are interested, please let me know. I need a rough head count so I can put together a schedule. Clifton and Todd feel free to share with other classes.

Registration for the burnout contest and car show will open soon.

Waco Racer
05-06-2009, 09:28 AM
Looks like the mock races will be on the oval. If you are interested, please let me know. I need a rough head count so I can put together a schedule. Clifton and Todd feel free to share with other classes.

Could you define "mock races"?

jeffburch
05-06-2009, 09:45 AM
Same as "mock" sex.

jb

jeremiahkellam
05-06-2009, 10:07 AM
"mock races" = F'ing around??

or Star Mazda test?? Kester Racing has what, 4 cars now??

Todd Covini
05-06-2009, 10:38 AM
We've run exhibition races like this before. I see the mock race going like this. Everyone agrees that they must pass at least X times and must be passed X times (depending on length of session)...after that, may the best man cross the finish line first. No points or prizes, so it's gentlemen racing. If there's body contact, Misty gets to keep your car.

That's what I'd consider a "mock" race.

-=- Todd

PS- Oh...and keep your restrictors in you F-body Bastards!

rpoz27
05-06-2009, 11:05 AM
We've run exhibition races like this before. I see the mock race going like this. Everyone agrees that they must pass at least X times and must be passed X times (depending on length of session)...after that, may the best man cross the finish line first. No points or prizes, so it's gentlemen racing. If there's body contact, Misty gets to keep your car.

-=- Todd

Todd's plan is correct, especially the penalty. :twisted:

Purpose is to show off our series, cars, and skills in a safe and controlled manner, while entertaining the crowd. There may be one group or there may be several. It'll depend on who signs up with what cars. Will be limited to comp licenses and prepped cars. I'm planning four 30 minute race slots, but we'll have to see how they get divided up as we get closer and I get an idea of interest.

Car show has a race car class.

Jeremiah - Kester has 4 cars and drivers and a backup car. And a badass simulator. 8)

michaelmosty
05-06-2009, 11:08 AM
I'll put my .68 5th gear back in, I don't want to be a redline around the entire track. :shock:

Todd Covini
05-06-2009, 01:16 PM
Count me in as a tentative.

Wife & kids are heading out of town for a summer break. I just need to confirm the date I'm free.

Will have the passenger seat in as well if you're doing open-air passenger rides. :wink:

edrock96GT
05-06-2009, 08:16 PM

-=- Todd

So it's basically an HPDE :lol:

Sounds like it's going to be a fun event though...sure wish I could make it, maybe next year :cry:

rpoz27
05-27-2009, 06:47 PM
Registration for the car show and burnout contest is open - http://www.clubregistration.net/

Event will be benefiting the local firefighters, Still Creek Boys and Girls Ranch (http://stillcreekranch.org/), Max Evans (http://maxevans.org/), and various TAMU student organizations.

Fbody383
05-28-2009, 11:09 AM
...and various TAMU student organizations.

TAMSCC

Whoop!

rpoz27
06-17-2009, 09:56 PM
Howdy!

On Sunday July 5, 2009 the historic Texas World Speedway is hosting its Second Annual Red White & Blue Charity Extravaganza to benefit several local organizations and charities. The festive and patriotic day will offer guests a chance to experience an Independence Day celebration with multiple activities for adults and children alike, ending in a free fireworks display at the racetrack.

Admission is FREE to the event, with $2 parking and donations requested to benefit the South Brazos County Volunteer Fire Department. This charity event offers guests a chance to see vintage Indy car and Miata races on the super oval, a swap meet and antique show, kid zone with inflatables, and ride alongs on the track with instructors. Additionally, guests will enjoy a car show in the paddock and a burnout contest along pit row, where proceeds will benefit a local one year old recently diagnosed with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, Max Evans. A 5k Fun Run will take place at 7:30 in the evening around dusk. The route will be on track at Texas World Speedway, with t-shirts provided and prizes to be awarded to each four age divisions, male and female. Proceeds from the 5k Fun Run will benefit the Still Creek Boys & Girls Ranch of the Brazos Valley.

Guests are invited to bring your own chairs for this full day charity celebration. Food and beverages will be available on site provided by Texas A&M Athletics, C&L Nut Co., Dip N Dots, Snowie Sno Cones, Funnel Cake Express, and Kettle Corn. To participate in the car show, burnout contest, 5k fun run, or swap meet and antique show please sign up at http://www.texasworldspeedway.com/.

About Max Evans
Max Evans was born April 29, 2008 to James and Veronica Evans and four year old sister Holly. He was a healthy 8 pounds 4 ounces and 20.5 inches long. Half-way through Veronica’s pregnancy she found out that she was a carrier of muscular dystrophy. She knew that little Max had a 50/50 chance of having it. Shortly after being born it was discovered that Max has Duchenne muscular dystrophy. The family is handling it well since they have been able to prepare for the possibility; although you can only prepare for news such as this so much. The only positive side to such a diagnosis is that Max will be delayed walking and crawling, but should not show too many symptoms until he is 3 or 4 years old. James and Veronica have started researching physical and drug therapies available for MD patients. Currently Max is being scheduled to be seen by one of the foremost DMD doctors in the country, but the medical fees are exceptionally high. The proceeds from the car show will go toward these medical bills Max will soon incur.

About Still Creek Boys & Girls Ranch
Since 1988 Still Creek Ranch has served children and families either in residence or through outreach services. Accepting children from Texas and all over the world, 26 children live in cottages at the facilities and grow up in a Christ-centered, structured environment and enjoy a private Christian education and a variety of vocational, spiritual and extra-curricular activities. Still Creek Ranch operates strictly by donations. The 5k registration will benefit this worthy place that gives children a hope and a future.

About the South Brazos County Volunteer Fire Department
The South Brazos County FD is an all volunteer organization that serves approximately 110 square miles in Brazos County south of College Station, from the Brazos River to Carter Creek and the Navasota River. Fire department personnel are responsible for responding to medical calls, vehicle accidents, fire calls as well as other types of emergency and non emergency situations. The four stations are located at South Dowling at Wellborn Road, Wingfall Street at Wellborn Road, Highway 40 at Highway 6, and Peach Creek Road at Highway 6. The $2 parking admittance will benefit these volunteer firefighters who give so much to the community.

jeremiahkellam
06-27-2009, 04:03 PM
Any word on the schedule for Sunday??

BryanL
06-28-2009, 11:36 AM

-=- Todd

Is that the same as, "Sure, I'll take you around at 7/10's and show you the line"

Todd Covini
06-30-2009, 10:53 PM
Bryan...I said 11/10ths.....11/10ths...I don't know where you got 7/10ths, but obviously I delivered on what I said we'd do! :oops: :lol: :lol:

So Misty et.al.
Who's going this weekend?
AI/CMC informal gathering?
Anyone committed to bring their cars?
Let's get an attendee list going....pretty sure I'm in.

-=- Todd

Rsmith350
06-30-2009, 11:17 PM
Pretty sure I'll be there with the White car, wish I could race :(

Alien
07-01-2009, 07:07 AM
Registered Knocker and the Sky for the car show.

James Evans is a good guy, got quite a few parts and help from him over the years.

Rob Liebbe
07-01-2009, 08:04 AM
I will miss this event this year.

Fbody383
07-01-2009, 04:23 PM
I'm out too... wanted to make it.

Have fun, be safe, sell the show.