PDA

View Full Version : TWS (Round 3) - Friday Test Day

MikeP99Z
04-08-2009, 12:36 PM
Wondering if there is a test day on Friday. If so, how much, full day/half day, who to pay etc..

Thanks

marshall_mosty
04-08-2009, 12:41 PM
Michael and I are counting on one. Hopefully Misti will chime in.

Jeremy Gunter
04-08-2009, 12:58 PM
I read about one some where... Can't recall pricing but I believe it was reasonable.

AI#97
04-08-2009, 04:44 PM
go to the www.texasworldspeedway.com site....

BryanL
04-08-2009, 08:17 PM
Mike-are you looking to test my car and set it up during Friday afternoon?

rpoz27
04-08-2009, 09:18 PM
April 17 Test and Tune - Open to comp. licenses, White, Yellow, and HPDE 3 & 4 drivers. Price is $200 for the full day (9-6), $100 for a half day (2-6). Sign up at http://www.clubregistration.net/.

BryanL
04-08-2009, 09:26 PM
Can we sign up when we get their?

mitchntx
04-08-2009, 09:56 PM
Mike-are you looking to test my car and set it up during Friday afternoon?

No, he's not. He's currently under contract and has signed a no compete clause.

However, the trade deadline is still a ways away. A set of bald 888s and case of KL might persuade his current owner to rent him out.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j86/Goku1983d/lolcatsdotcomq3fj4unhiy5p098c.jpg

Pimpin' bee-yotch

BryanL
04-08-2009, 10:15 PM
Well if Mosty would have taken my bet then that could have been 2 cases of Keystone Light-I guess that would have set me back a few gallons of water and a couple of bathroom stops on the way down to make up a bitter batch of KL.
I'll have a set of bald RA1's-you know the thin to win kind that are worth 3-4 seconds at TWS during the last 3 laps of a race to trade you for an hour of your bee-yotch's time.

Current plan is have you do a Law spec alignment for 888's Friday morning and then head down for lunch and the half day.

Just look for the murdered out Camaro.

MikeP99Z
04-08-2009, 10:21 PM
If I sign up for all or part of the day, does it make a difference what car I take out during my sessions? (Can i drive three different cars?) ie - I pay for the track time for me running in the white or yellow group (whichever is the right one).

And, how many sessions per 4 hour block?

ShadowBolt
04-09-2009, 07:19 AM
If I sign up for all or part of the day, does it make a difference what car I take out during my sessions? (Can i drive three different cars?) ie - I pay for the track time for me running in the white or yellow group (whichever is the right one).

If I remember correctly last time there were no sessions.....just open track.

Jerry

rpoz27
04-09-2009, 07:51 AM

One 4 hour session per 4 hour block (subject to change, although I have never done so).

Mike, you can drive someone else's car. so long as that car is entered in the event.

AllZWay
04-09-2009, 08:42 AM

Interested in this also Misty.... I am not sure what time I will roll in, but I wouldn't mind taking a few laps in Glenn's car. :P

ShadowBolt
04-09-2009, 02:19 PM

Interested in this also Misty.... I am not sure what time I will roll in, but I wouldn't mind taking a few laps in Glenn's car. :P

Good,

While you are doing that I will take yours out for a spin.

JJ

Al Fernandez
04-13-2009, 07:46 AM
Jerry...make sure you do something to slow that damn thing down! :lol: I suggest off-roading it for a while to "set" the alignment :wink:

ShadowBolt
04-13-2009, 08:55 AM
Jerry...make sure you do something to slow that damn thing down! :lol: I suggest off-roading it for a while to "set" the alignment :wink:

Al, did you not watch the video? You and JP went by me like I was tied to a post. I have watched it over and over and it's hard to believe that when you screw up or have a problem (like the push I developed in Little Bend the last few laps) how many turns after the screw-up you pay for it. It took me over a lap to make up what I lost from the push in that one turn.

JJ

Al Fernandez
04-13-2009, 09:23 AM
Yeah...but it was a pretty good push! Maybe Eric will do a montage showing in car from you going wide with in car from me showing you sliding through the dirt...that'll look cool 8)

rpoz27
04-15-2009, 12:23 AM
Those of you who want to sign up when you get to the track on Friday- Please make Friday less hectic by signing up online in advance. You can pay when you get there, but it will really help to not have to do registration paperwork that morning. Thanks!

HoustonNW
04-15-2009, 01:25 AM
WARNING - NASA ROOKIE ALERT

I'm moving up from HPDE's to time trials this weekend. I'm signed up for TTC, but will be there on Friday for practice. Given that I've done about 25 track days at TWS, I hope that I can stay out of the way! I've had plenty of unexpected passes without a point by, and I've also done a recent event with point by's in corners.

White 2007 Mustang, training for CMC! Please watch out for me on the track and say hello if you have the chance.

BTW, if there is a time stamp on this post, it is because I'm getting the car ready for this weekend. However it's not what you think, it was installing a trailer hitch for the r-comps. I don't even want to think about the wiring tomorrow!

rpoz27
04-15-2009, 01:49 AM
Howdy, Wayne!

Guys, be nice to Wayne! He's a good guy, good driver, and never any trouble.

GlennCMC70
04-15-2009, 05:04 AM
WARNING - NASA ROOKIE ALERT

I'm moving up from HPDE's to time trials this weekend. I'm signed up for TTC, but will be there on Friday for practice. Given that I've done about 25 track days at TWS, I hope that I can stay out of the way! I've had plenty of unexpected passes without a point by, and I've also done a recent event with point by's in corners.

White 2007 Mustang, training for CMC! Please watch out for me on the track and say hello if you have the chance.

BTW, if there is a time stamp on this post, it is because I'm getting the car ready for this weekend. However it's not what you think, it was installing a trailer hitch for the r-comps. I don't even want to think about the wiring tomorrow!

be sure and find out when our series meetings are andjoin us. also pit w/ us if you got a garage.

AllZWay
04-15-2009, 09:00 AM
Those of you who want to sign up when you get to the track on Friday- Please make Friday less hectic by signing up online in advance. You can pay when you get there, but it will really help to not have to do registration paperwork that morning. Thanks!

Misty... I am holding off signing up in case I don't make it in time to actually do any practice. I am hoping to there around 1:00.

James

rpoz27
04-15-2009, 10:04 PM
I am about to finalize garages for the weekend. If you didn't sign up for one, but want one for Friday, they are $25 and you need to tell me. If you didn't sign up, but want one for the weekend, you need to tell me and Jessica (I have no idea how much they are).

I have the following from NASA's list

Liebbe
Wirtz
Warren
Proctor
Marshall
Love
White
Gary Robertson
Jordan
Penney
Kellam
Hood
Landrum
Valentin (comp school)

Todd Covini
04-15-2009, 10:16 PM
Blaaahhhh...
Add Varvini....
I'll be there Friday nite and want a garage spot.

BryanL
04-16-2009, 08:38 AM
Add Leinart for the weekend please.

David Love AI27
04-16-2009, 08:47 AM
I am about to finalize garages for the weekend. If you didn't sign up for one, but want one for Friday, they are $25 and you need to tell me. If you didn't sign up, but want one for the weekend, you need to tell me and Jessica (I have no idea how much they are).

I have the following from NASA's list

Liebbe
Wirtz
Warren
Proctor
Marshall
Love
White
Gary Robertson
Jordan
Penney
Kellam
Hood
Landrum
Valentin (comp school)

what about Cain?

michaelmosty
04-16-2009, 09:20 AM
Mosty (CMC) needs one for Sat. and Sun.
Jessica confirmed that I am on her list.

rpoz27
04-16-2009, 09:58 AM
Garages - http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pJ_o7FsRsZYjfbZRFU6tNSA

jeremiahkellam
04-16-2009, 03:00 PM
Any chance of the track going hot before 9am?? It looks like by 10 or 11 it is going to get nasty

AllZWay
04-16-2009, 03:29 PM

nevermind.

mitchntx
04-16-2009, 04:03 PM

Misty... Can I move to 34? 24 is usually full of water.

I believe it's 13/14 and 35/36 that flood.

The map is looking north-ish as you stand in the snack bar

AllZWay
04-16-2009, 04:55 PM

Misty... Can I move to 34? 24 is usually full of water.

I believe it's 13/14 and 35/36 that flood.

The map is looking north-ish as you stand in the snack bar

You are correct.. I looked at the map wrong.

Misty...never mind. :o

ShadowBolt
04-16-2009, 07:49 PM
nevermind

JJ