PDA

View Full Version : Rule of the Day - Hand Signals

Todd Covini
04-09-2009, 09:45 AM
CCR Rule 19.5 HAND SIGNALS

19.5.1 Slowing Down - driver
Whenever a driver is entering the pits or is no longer driving at normal traffic speed, he
must extend his/her arm out the driver’s window with hand in vertical position and
fingertips towards the sky.

19.5.2 Passing Signals - driver
To assist another driver in overtaking you, hand signals should be used whenever
possible. The driver may do this by pointing to the side he/she wants to be passed on in
such a fashion that is visible to the overtaking driver.

19.5.3 Flag Station Acknowledgment
All drivers shall give a wave of acknowledgement to every manned turn station during the cool down lap.

19.5.4 Other Hand Signals - driver
For safety reasons, hand signals not listed above are not acceptable. Displaying the
middle finger to another driver will be considered unsportsmanlike conduct. Displaying
the middle finger to an Official is not smart and not recommended.

19.5.5 Hand Signals – Officials
The NASA office has a chart of hand signals that the Officials use to signal each other, however included in that publication are hand signals that are used to signal the drivers as well. Contact the NASA office to obtain a free copy.

Ahhhh...the secret Officials hand signal. Maybe Clifton, Adrian, Misty or David Love have a copy of that publication and could edjumacate us on the Official to Driver hand signals. :wink:

mitchntx
04-09-2009, 10:02 AM
And you guys thought I was paranoid ...

Nope ... there it is in B&W ...

David Love AI27
04-09-2009, 10:21 AM
CCR Rule 19.5 HAND SIGNALS

19.5.1 Slowing Down - driver
Whenever a driver is entering the pits or is no longer driving at normal traffic speed, he
must extend his/her arm out the driver’s window with hand in vertical position and
fingertips towards the sky.

19.5.2 Passing Signals - driver
To assist another driver in overtaking you, hand signals should be used whenever
possible. The driver may do this by pointing to the side he/she wants to be passed on in
such a fashion that is visible to the overtaking driver.

19.5.3 Flag Station Acknowledgment
All drivers shall give a wave of acknowledgement to every manned turn station during the cool down lap.

19.5.4 Other Hand Signals - driver
For safety reasons, hand signals not listed above are not acceptable. Displaying the
middle finger to another driver will be considered unsportsmanlike conduct. Displaying
the middle finger to an Official is not smart and not recommended.

19.5.5 Hand Signals – Officials
The NASA office has a chart of hand signals that the Officials use to signal each other, however included in that publication are hand signals that are used to signal the drivers as well. Contact the NASA office to obtain a free copy.

Ahhhh...the secret Officials hand signal. Maybe Clifton, Adrian, Misty or David Love have a copy of that publication and could edjumacate us on the Official to Driver hand signals. :wink:

If you go past a corner station and the worker acts like he is smoking a cig... that means your car is smoking not enough to call you in but enough that you should be aware of the problem... HOWEVER, most of the workers know that I smoke so for me it usually means "got a smoke on ya?"

If a worker holds up a fire extinguisher... all together now....

unoffical signal that I see often is an official holder his nose... means "YOU STINK"

interesting one that happened last week while testing... I haulin' the mail from 3 into 2 and worker was flashing numbers... 1... 5... 6... I thought "what the heck is he doin'?"... I throw my hands up (international sign for WTF) and he realizes that all he needed was the 6 so he signals 6 to let me know I ran a 1:56 on the previous lap

Finally: Displaying the middle finger to an Official is not smart and not recommended... it says nothing about the other way around...

HOWEVER, with the officials in our region if they salute you with "the finger" it means they like you... at least that is how it was explained to ME, in which case ALL of the NASATX officials like me especially Corn, he must love me....

Todd Covini
04-09-2009, 01:20 PM
Thanks David,
What's the hand signal for "your nose is pushed in and you need to utilize your Jiffy Pop"?

David Love AI27
04-09-2009, 03:00 PM
Thanks David,
What's the hand signal for "your nose is pushed in and you need to utilize your Jiffy Pop"?

I know, right?? you would think we would have a signal for that by now...

BlueFirePony
04-09-2009, 11:24 PM
Thanks David,

I know, right?? you would think we would have a signal for that by now...
How about the "inverted bird" :)

Or is that the one I use when I get out late-braked by a CMC car :(