PDA

View Full Version : Qualifying for Nationals

Garbage
05-22-2006, 07:27 PM
Does a DNF count as a race towards Nationals?

Thanks,
David Armstrong
#20AIX

FYI: The competitor in me has awakened. :twisted:

Waco Racer
05-22-2006, 08:06 PM
You have to earn points in at least 5 official NASA races (not weekends) to qualify.

p.s. go get'em!

AI#97
05-22-2006, 09:25 PM
FYI: The competitor in me has awakened. :twisted:

Are you starting to think about some Ernesto for dinner?!

Garbage
05-23-2006, 07:23 AM
Are you starting to think about some Ernesto for dinner?!

No. I don't have anything for that guy. His car and driving abilities are way past my one year of experience. I just want to go and have been planning on it. NASA keeps running 40 minute races and taking the total number of races on a weekend away. Combine that with bad luck and I am in the hole.

David

dirwin
05-23-2006, 08:48 AM
David,

Our 05's are not AIX cars and as soon as we get them both on a legal dyno they will be running in AI. I wish we had had the time prior to Houston to get dyno sheets on them.

For having one or two years you drive very well. Look at it this way, both of the 05's are exactly the same (engines and setups) and Spencer was 2 seconds faster than me and I had nothing for you either.

When the gremlins work out you will have something for a lot of AIX cars. Once you dial in that car, you and the car will be bad ass at nationals.

Dave

chicane23
05-23-2006, 09:30 AM
David,

You have came a long way my friend and I mean a long way! Just look back to TWS in the passenger seat of the blue car! ;-)

Your car is just about there! I believe with a lighter car and a bit more power that car will be unbeatable.

You just need to have the patience and track time.

Waco Racer
06-06-2006, 01:43 PM
Here's an interesting tidbit from our Chief Steward and Nationals Volunteer Coordinator -

BTW- I spoke with Bryan Cohn this morning about qualifying for the Nationals and it seems as though you have to run 5 races. That's it, they don't have to be in the same class. For example, Clifton, you have 2 races in the SRX7, you could run Hallett in a Legend, that would be 4 and TWS in the SRX7 (or anything else) 1 day and you would be qualified.

You can run 5 different race classes, it doesn't matter. And if you have 4 events, I know a guy.......

C'mon guys....I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's a National Championship!!!!

A