PDA

View Full Version : Rule of the Day - Hood Pins

Todd Covini
04-15-2009, 01:09 PM
hahaha...found a typo in today's RotD!

CMC Rule 7.5.6 Hood Pins
Hood pins must be fitted. Trunk pins may be fitted. Stock hood and trunk latches may be replaced with clips. The car must be run with the hood, doors, and truck completely closed and securely latched.

We'll be inspecting everyone's tow vehicles while you're racing to ensure all trucks are completely closed, locked and no windows open. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Al Fernandez
04-15-2009, 08:27 PM
:lol: I think I need to retroactively DQ James. He leaves his truck open all the time!

BlueFirePony
04-15-2009, 09:16 PM
:lol: I think I need to retroactively DQ James. He leaves his truck open all the time!
Now be careful there sport!

"The car must be run with the hood, doors, and truck completely closed"
You ran without the hood last year remember !!

mitchntx
04-15-2009, 09:17 PM

And pocketed a sh!tload of Toyo bucks to boot!

AllZWay
04-16-2009, 08:11 AM

Ding...ding...We have a winner. :P

BTW...My trunk is always closed. Have you seen it loose before?

Al Fernandez
04-16-2009, 08:23 AM
No, I got a special wink wink nod nod gentleman's agreement from my racers saying I didnt have to follow the rules! :lol: :wink:

mitchntx
04-16-2009, 08:43 AM
I didnt have to follow the rules!

See the second line in his signature ... :roll:

David Love AI27
04-16-2009, 09:14 AM
No, I got a special wink wink nod nod gentleman's agreement from my racers saying I didnt have to follow the rules! :lol: :wink:

I don't doubt that there was an agreement, BUT my question is: where did you find any "gentleman" to agree with???...

oh wait, I read it again.. no gentlemen were involved in the actual agreement, it was just a gentleman "type" of agreement.. the participants in the agreement were just a bunch of racers...

back to your regularly scheduled program...

Todd Covini
04-16-2009, 10:22 AM
Ahhhh...see this is a good discussion, because this has come up before. There's a misconception that folks who "lose a hood or a fender" during a race are in violation of the rules.

The CCR is pretty clear on this, and this is how we've consistently ruled at Nationals and regionally.

CCR 18.1.4 Loss of bodywork
All major body components such as hood, trunk, doors, etc. shall be maintained in
normal position during all on track activities. If loss of bodywork is a hazard, the car may
be black-flagged. A vehicle completing a race with missing bodywork may be penalized.The vehicle must also meet the required minimum weight.

The bolded items are the important ones from an official's perspective.
Must meet minimum weight...no consideration for "lost bodywork".
May be penalized....in the event something is purposefully jettisoned to gain an advantage.

Hope this helps...so Nick Steel was not in violation at Nats and Neither was Al at Eagle's Canyon.

"Wink, Wink, nod, nod agreements" not necessary.

jeffburch
04-16-2009, 11:33 AM
I rode around just behind Nick that whole race happy with the position.
The whole time I was thinking, there's no way he'll meet weight.
But he did.
Man that was wild stuff.
jb

mitchntx
04-16-2009, 04:10 PM
Neither was Al at Eagle's Canyon.

"Wink, Wink, nod, nod agreements" not necessary.

There you go again, Todd embarrassing yourself.

Hood jettisoned during a previous race and he finished THAT race.

He pulled the plate, moved to CMC2 and ran w/o a hood from the green flag.

Todd Covini
04-16-2009, 04:18 PM
Oh, I wasn't there and didn't know that. :oops: :oops: :oops:

In that case, that slimy SOB did an underhanded deal under the table to screw you all. Only way to do that is with a wink, wink, nod, nod agreement....or if the Race Director allows it. :D

Nevermind. :lol:

BlueFirePony
04-16-2009, 09:47 PM
Now there were a few gentlemen...and some of them were racers...and at least one was in class...lets just say Al was being a guinea pig for new CMC2 aero testing. :twisted:

Casey_SS
05-25-2010, 01:52 AM
Are hood pins required in AI/AIX? I see the snippet from above stating the requirement for CMC but I can't find mention of them in the CCR or the AI/AIX rule set. Just curious...

GlennCMC70
05-25-2010, 04:23 AM
not required for AI/AIX.

David Love AI27
05-25-2010, 07:51 AM
not required for AI/AIX.

REALLY?!?!?

GlennCMC70
05-25-2010, 08:08 AM
Yes really. In fact, I learned the hard way by issueing a fix it ticket to a couple of AI cars a few years ago. It was quickly pointed out that AI does not require them.

Check the rules. Unless something has changed as of late, they are not required. They are not a CCR item either.