PDA

View Full Version : Big Thanks to Team Cobra!

AI#97
04-20-2009, 10:54 AM
I wanted to give a HUGE thank you to all the members of Team Cobra, and especially Frank for giving me the opportunity to drive for them. Thanks go out to Daron and Mason for the pit help and effort as well. You guys did a great job and overall, I think we got robbed with the T&S debacle, but there was a lesson learned I think we might even account for on Team Schwing for the lemons races....Don't trust T&S!!!! :oops:

You all were a class act and I had one of the best times at the track ever, even busting our asses to run so smoothly and 99% mistake free. It was great to be smiling and having high fives even while pushing the mud covered car up on the scales! Totally fun! Totally Awesome racing and just a great time overall! Glad I could be a part of it!!!!

Todd Covini
04-20-2009, 11:02 AM
Pushing the mudcake car onto the scales post race was surreal.

It reminded me of clips you see waiting for that last Baja 1000 or last Cannonball car to come across the finish line. I can't wait to see pics of that on the scales...the car looked so bitchin'...it'll truly be a big part of the event etched into my memory!

"Thanks for the memories, Team Cobra!!!"

mitchntx
04-20-2009, 11:26 AM
Kudos to Team Cobra for sure.

There were several occassions when you guys and Team LAW happened to pit almost at the same time.

We worked together so that we could each get in and get out without getting any one hurt.

Refueling your dump cans next to our running generator made me a little nervous, but it's all good. 8)

AI#97
04-20-2009, 11:55 AM
Refueling your dump cans next to our running generator made me a little nervous, but it's all good. 8)

that thing was so quiet it never even registered..."hey, that's sort of hot".

Don't be afraid to point that out next time....especially when I/we might be doing something stupid.

Oh, and how could I forget! I was so excited about being the driver in the car for the tire change! It was so awesome being in the seat, experiencing the same stuff the pro's get in the "show". Honestly, it made me feel a little special and totally made the weekend when I got handed the bottled water and was able to toss it out the window over pit wall! It ROCKED!!!!!

mitchntx
04-20-2009, 12:18 PM

that thing was so quiet it never even registered..."hey, that's sort of hot".

It's a quiet little beggar isn't it. :D

Todd Covini
04-20-2009, 01:02 PM
[quote="AI#97"]

Don't be afraid to point that out next time....especially when I/we might be doing something stupid.

[quote]

I'm fairly confident that Mitch has no fears in this department. :wink:

mitchntx
04-20-2009, 02:19 PM

I'm fairly confident that Mitch has no fears in this department. :wink:

Todd, don't you have some benefits for thousands of workers to screw up, some one to put in first step PD or layoff?

Todd Covini
04-20-2009, 02:30 PM
Not particularly motivated today.

Aren't you supposed to be training folks on how to respond to console alarms so we don't have a China Syndrome?

cobra132
04-20-2009, 03:57 PM
I am still recovering from the weekend. What an awesome time. Thanks for everyone’s help with our enduro effort. Matt and Jorge did a great job driving. I only wish I would have had Matt finish out the race. Daron and Mason’s brilliant X swap tire rotation worked out great. I ran race 1 and 2 on Sunday on the same tires and they still look good. Patterson did a great job of getting into my head at the end of the race and then avoiding my spin into the mud bath. You should have seen the corner workers trying desperately to get me out of the muk, they really when the extra mile to try and help me out. I owe them all a few beers. I still must have 50 pounds of mud under the car, I could barely lift the splitter off the car. I have not looked at my data to see how many laps we actually did or to verify my new hot lap of 1:50. I guess timing errors can go both ways. Anyway, It was a blast, thanks again. FMR

AllZWay
04-20-2009, 04:38 PM
Congrats Team Cobra... I thought you guys were doing awesome.

Todd Covini
04-22-2009, 07:42 PM
Pics are starting to surface on the internet. :lol:

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/3324/14171/282947.jpg

Al Fernandez
04-23-2009, 06:33 AM
Mustang rally car? :lol:

Rob Liebbe
04-23-2009, 08:03 AM
Rally Mustang - sure - why not? One of my supervisors at Ford ran Mustangs in SCCA Rally for years. Started with a 1969, then a 79, then a 91. Team name was Hairy Canary, the cars were always yellow.

Maybe Corey is related to him.

http://www.argentlab.com/nasatx/Liebbe/rathgeber_ss1_87.jpg

Todd Covini
04-23-2009, 08:34 AM
Rob,
Was that picture taken at No Problem Raceway? :wink:

Rob Liebbe
04-23-2009, 11:48 AM
Could've been. But more likely in a Michigan Rally stage.

evarner
04-23-2009, 12:38 PM
Was that picture taken at No Problem Raceway? :wink:

Hmmmm... the track in that pic looks way too smooth and freshly swept to be NPR. Tough call..