PDA

View Full Version : LAW Motorsports Enduro experience

mitchntx
04-20-2009, 09:36 PM
I've been purposely waiting for the results to be finalized before I post my blog of the time leading up to the event and the 7 hours 20 minutes of racing.

I will say that it was humbling to accept the "Spirit of the Race" award for the entire team. Each person played such a vital role in the results.

First of all, thanks to Bryan for his data logging. That data will prove invaluable during post race scrutiny. And I know that Jermiah (at least) spelled Bryan and if I didn't notice you spelling those guys, I apologize and thank you.

Thanks to Jeremiah and Al for near flawless fueling work, both during pit stops and in between. You guys adapted and over-came issues that would make any Marine proud.

Nick proved to be a huge asset in making sure we weren't killing our right side tires and keeping the drivers able to see where they were going.

Thanks to Randy, Jeremiah's dad and James' parents (I am so bad with names) for stepping up and checking on our competitor's times to give us a fix on where we were.

Steve had his ear planted to his scanner, monitoring us, other teams and race control, feeding vital data. Vital in that he relayed to me when 2 laps were remaining and we were able to get that info to Mike as he was entering pit lane for our last pit stop. That was the difference in us unofficially winning and being on pit road when the checkered flag fell.

Finally, Glenn, James and Mike were driving machines ...

There are lots of anecdotes that will show up in my blog once the results are finalized.

Again, thanks guys!

GlennCMC70
04-20-2009, 11:31 PM
sorry i havent done this yet (thanks Mitch). i've spent all day poring over the data so i can get it to NASA for review.
the same two cars are in limbo for E1 class win and Overall Enduro win. i'll be submitting my info tomorrow night. an official result should be announced by the weekend. the most important thing is that the win goes to the team who earned it be it Team LAW or the other team.

regadless, we had a great team. we played by the rules when many others didnt or didnt know the rules. we never considered cheating when others got away w/ it. there was alot of passion in our team and it showed how serious we take our fun. thanks to all who helped, ad i hope i can return the favor sometime.

anyone up for a 25hr race in Cali in Dec? :shock:

Waco Racer
04-21-2009, 07:55 AM
anyone up for a 25hr race in Cali in Dec? :shock:

If you can't make the 25 hour, there's always the 10 hour at Road Atlanta on the same weekend.

AllZWay
04-21-2009, 09:18 AM
I don't think I can thank people enough for the opportunity to participate in this event.

But Huge thanks to Glenn first for letting me drive his car. Until the enduro started, I had never turned a lap in his car. Wow...nice car with different handling characteristics than mine and it took me much longer to figure out what it needed than I was expecting. Not too mention superb build and maintenance to run the whole enduro without even a hickup in tires, brakes, temps..etc...

Huge Thanks to Mitch for his leadership and crew chief abilities in organizing with Glenn and keeping us all in line and doing what each of us were supposed to do.

The whole rest of the crew were extremely valuable and huge thanks to each and everyone of you... Byran, Nick, Jeremiah and Dad, Al, Steve, Randy and anyone that I might have left out.

Also, thanks to Mike for his mentoring this weekend and over the years. Great job driving for both Glenn and Mike.

It was more fun than I had even thought it was going to be.

Regardless of the final outcome ( We know we won).... it was a great event.

Todd Covini
04-21-2009, 09:22 AM
Great job guys!
Your prepwork was evident and clearly above all others on pit road.

-=- Todd

PS- Al, thanks for that ice cream! :lol:

Al Fernandez
04-21-2009, 09:28 AM
Once again LAW Motorsports proves what it takes to succeed, even being hamstrung with a gas guzzler V8 :D

I wonder...when Clifton mentioned he wished we'd pick up a sponsor and take our program to the pro level if he really just wants us out of his hair? :lol: :wink:

AI#97
04-21-2009, 09:52 AM
You guys did an awesome job and deserve the win in my mind. Team Cobra gave you a run for the money and Frank poured over our data and seems to think we had it for a while up till our lug nut issue and probably should have gotten 1st is E0 instead of 3rd even with the last 9 or 10 laps in the mud....but lesson learned which will be fixed.

Kudos to all the drivers, crew and helpers for all the teams that participated. It truly showed AI/CMC is the only totally cohesive group in NASA TX, and then we went out and raced each other on Sunday. I have yet to see another race group like ours. We are the shining example of excellence.

MikeP99Z
04-21-2009, 10:52 AM
I can't thank all the LAW team enough for an amazing afternoon of teamwork and the opportunity to pilot Mr. March's machine. The preparation, organization, coordination, dedication, and care for details shines bright on their efforts.

Great outings for Marshall's and Frank's teams also - it was sweet seeing the all AI/CMC podium run around the track together for a long time. It was a bummer when I heard the call over the radio about Marshall's suspension, and I'm sorry that Frank got stuck in the mud there at the end.