PDA

View Full Version : Race Finisher

David Love AI27
04-28-2009, 11:43 AM
21.3 Race Finisher
A driver must complete at least half the distance covered by the winning car of his/her
class to be considered a race finisher. The car need not be running to be considered a
finisher. A driver has five (5) minutes from the checkered flag of the lead car of the race
to complete his/her final lap.

wanna ruin Clifton's day.... try this rule

so... I overshoot 3 at TWS and spin into the run off area and the car dies... it won't start cuz it is hot... I wait 2 mins after the leader takes the checker... car is now cooled off and starts... I have the right to reenter the course and take the "official" checker at start/finish?

which brings up another question... I am leaving the pits and the winner passes me before I exit the pits... I have not taken the checker at start/finish but all the cornerstations are waving the checker (really not supposed to be doing that by the way)... Am I allowed to pass the winner and/or others that have taken the checker and continue to race to the finish? if I can't pass them do I at least get to cross S/F after they exit the course to record my time/distance???

Todd Covini
05-04-2009, 09:59 AM
Hmmmm...judging by the silence on this one, David...I think it is an interesting rule.

We all know in reality when the checker comes out racing stops. Generally no passing allowed on the checkered flag lap AND if you're stuck, Control is not going to "give you 5 minutes" to complete your race. Chances are they've already got EV's in motion ready to pull you out...race is over at that point. Do not pass Go. Do not Collect $200. :lol:

AI#97
05-04-2009, 11:03 AM
. Do not Collect $200. :lol:

Well, Toyo doesn't pay that much for a WIN let alone what would likely be last place! ;)

RichardP
05-04-2009, 11:13 AM

Well, Toyo doesn't pay that much for a WIN let alone what would likely be last place! ;)

They don't??? We had several last place finishes in '06 some of which were used in our point total. The Toyo bucks for the championship were much more than $200. If the guy in second had one more "finish," he would have gotten the money...

:-)

Richard P.

GlennCMC70
05-04-2009, 11:16 AM
well David, in your senario, you were in last place. in AI you get full points for last if you run half the race. so i dont see the need to "take the checkerd".

AI#97
05-04-2009, 01:12 PM

They don't??? We had several last place finishes in '06 some of which were used in our point total. The Toyo bucks for the championship were much more than $200. If the guy in second had one more "finish," he would have gotten the money...

:-)
Richard P.

Twist the knife there Ricky! Worse part is I made another rookie mistake by not realizing there was a season contingency at the end of the year and missed out on MORE Boyo Tucks. Same Bullshit happened last year had I not missed one race weekend like I did on 06'...

<---shoulda coulda woulda been a repeat regional champp... aw fugg' it.

Todd Covini
05-04-2009, 03:29 PM
Third times a charm, eh Matt! :roll: :wink:

You prolly could right all wrongs and be a first time AI Champion this year too, with a little determination and goal setting.
Instead, it looks like you're going to XAI, ST2 or what I'd refer to as "the path of least resistance".

Champions are those who overcome obtacles, challenges, trials and all odds.

Pain divides the champion from someone else who is not a champion. Most people lack having the guts to go on and just say they'll go through the pain no matter what happens.
- Arnold Schwartzenegger

The season is only half over and you mathematically still have a shot. GET YOUR HEAD IN THE GAME, MAN!!!

-=- Todd

PS- Whatever happened to the "Triple Crown" goal of being AIX, AI & CMC champion???.....sheesh...or as you would say "Fugg'it". :D

AI#97
05-04-2009, 03:41 PM
Third times a charm, eh Matt! :roll: :wink:

You prolly could right all wrongs and be a first time AI Champion this year too, with a little determination and goal setting.
Instead, it looks like you're going to XAI, ST2 or what I'd refer to as "the path of least resistance".

Champions are those who overcome obtacles, challenges, trials and all odds.

Pain divides the champion from someone else who is not a champion. Most people lack having the guts to go on and just say they'll go through the pain no matter what happens.
- Arnold Schwartzenegger

The season is only half over and you mathematically still have a shot. GET YOUR HEAD IN THE GAME, MAN!!!

-=- Todd

PS- Whatever happened to the "Triple Crown" goal of being AIX, AI & CMC champion???.....sheesh...or as you would say "Fugg'it". :D

Champions do adapt and overcome but if you have to adjust every couple of days due to moronic decisions made by the sanctioning body, champions with heart get run over buy schmoes with dough. A fact of racing that the better funded teams usually prevail. Can't change that.

You call it a path of least resistance....I call it finding a way to survive and continue to enjoy my sport of choice with limited funds. I know who I am faster than and I know who can outspend me. Call me a master of reality rather than a quiter please mr. covini.

Todd Covini
05-04-2009, 03:42 PM
I think back to all of our regional Champions from each of the series...visually see the names on each of the travelling trophies...and can remember the challenges they overcame to become a champion. Some in 1 year....some in multiple years.

Who will be our next set of Champions?

-=- T

PS- Should we rename this thread "Season Finisher"? :lol:

Todd Covini
05-04-2009, 03:48 PM
Sorry Matt....I was still pontificating when you posted. :lol:

I totally agree that the Toyo thing has been a cluster, but, out of yours & my control...relatively easy to adapt, redirect and overcome.

(Sell the tires you don't want and buy the tires you do want...if that's the issue. But don't hang your hat on principle alone. You & I (and many others) know you can be an AI champion.)

AI#97
05-04-2009, 03:58 PM
Sorry Matt....I was still pontificating when you posted. :lol:

I totally agree that the Toyo thing has been a cluster, but, out of yours & my control...relatively easy to adapt, redirect and overcome.

(Sell the tires you don't want and buy the tires you do want...if that's the issue. But don't hang your hat on principle alone. You & I (and many others) know you can be an AI champion.)

I passed on 6 races already this year by choice... champp is not going to happen. Going to focus on Lemons for October and maybe vacationing in the stands at MMP in September to support our TX folks that make the trek.

Jeremy Gunter
05-04-2009, 11:21 PM
[quote=Todd Covini]Going to focus on Lemons for October and maybe vacationing in the stands at MMP in September to support our TX folks that make the trek.

you tow I go...