PDA

View Full Version : Bout that time! Nationals 2009

jeremiahkellam
05-01-2009, 09:05 PM
https://secure.drivenasa.com/event/952

AI#97
05-02-2009, 07:14 AM
Not going to get many entries till they finalize the configuration. Still hearing 4.5 mile full course. Combine that with the tire fiasco and I would bet NO ONE will show in the spec tire classes.

GlennCMC70
05-04-2009, 01:03 PM
registed today. i have no clue how i'm getting there.
i want to go and defend the title. i wantthe bling to stay here in Texas. i would feel better if one of the two Jeff's would sign up and go.

AI#97
05-04-2009, 01:07 PM
Not going to get many entries till they finalize the configuration. Still hearing 4.5 mile full course. Combine that with the tire fiasco and I would bet NO ONE will show in the spec tire classes.

Well, I guess I need to find a different excuse for not going....MMP 3.0 mile outer loop is the configuration as of yesterday....

Rob Liebbe
05-04-2009, 02:08 PM
registed today. i have no clue how i'm getting there.
i want to go and defend the title. i wantthe bling to stay here in Texas. i would feel better if one of the two Jeff's would sign up and go.

I guess the rest of us are just chopped liver. :roll: :wink:

Good Luck just the same.

GlennCMC70
05-04-2009, 02:46 PM
its a Chevy thing.
are you going?

this year will be the best chance a Fox will have to win. better get your ass up there.

Rob Liebbe
05-04-2009, 02:55 PM
I should probably learn how to actually pass a Camaro first.

michaelmosty
05-04-2009, 03:16 PM
this year will be the best chance a Fox will have to win.
Why is that?
Because of the great aero advantage we have on that long straight?

GlennCMC70
05-04-2009, 03:22 PM
its the 3 mile layout.
and i'm starting to think that unless you are in a Speed GT car, you all will never be happy.

AllZWay
05-04-2009, 04:31 PM
Why is that?

You foxes are putting down faster times than CMC2. You looked at the times from last race. :shock:

jeffburch
05-04-2009, 04:41 PM
I have the time off.
I won't compete.
Doubt I'll go, unless someone asks me to nurse-maid them.
jb

michaelmosty
05-04-2009, 04:48 PM
Why is that?

You foxes are putting down faster times than CMC2. You looked at the times from last race. :shock:
Hey, mylaps is up! :o

My "thin to wins" were dead by the end of the event and I was just trying to keep Wirtz behind me, the race was 1 lap too long. :(

Rob Liebbe
05-04-2009, 07:44 PM

Damn Straight - A Fox body put down the fastest lap of the CMC1/CMC2 field for the entire weekend!!!!! 2:00:289 Saturday Makeup Race

What's the lap record?

Uh, I mean, errrr, I think the Fox body needs some more concessions to become competitive.

Todd Covini
05-08-2009, 04:11 PM
FTD in a Fox, Mr. Liebbe!
What better car to take home the CMC National Championship than the Texas Flag #1 CMC car of Rob Liebbe?

Have you registered for Nats yet???

See y'all there!!!

Rob Liebbe
05-08-2009, 10:13 PM
Maybe ExxonMobil could sponsor the gasoline required to get there, win the race, and carry the trophy home. That would go a long way toward my decision.

Al Fernandez
05-12-2009, 10:11 AM
Man, I dont hear a lot of noise about Texans preparing to show the world (again) how its done.

Matt, Mason, Daron, David, Mike, Frank, Misty...what's up guys, who is going? I would love to see an AI National Champion right here!

James, Jeremiah, Jerry, Mitch...CMC2 will likely be much more serious this time around. Which one of you is going to bring home the title?

If a Texan wins the CMC2 or AI National title I will personally fund another travelling trophy even bitchiner than the CMC one!!

CMC drivers...hell, there's too many fast guys to mention. We have the CMC National Trophy, have had it for two years now...that is a trend to continue!!! Glenn, put a picture of that thing up here. You guys know you want your name on this trophy!

jeffburch
05-12-2009, 10:30 AM
No worries, It'll be in Texas another year.
I promise!

jb

AllZWay
05-12-2009, 10:36 AM
Not me... It just cost too much for me to go.

I will have to sit on my couch with my laptop and root for the Texas gang like every year. :D

David Love AI27
05-12-2009, 10:46 AM
Man, I dont hear a lot of noise about Texans preparing to show the world (again) how its done.

Matt, Mason, Daron, David, Mike, Frank, Misty...what's up guys, who is going? I would love to see an AI National Champion right here!

If a Texan wins the CMC2 or AI National title I will personally fund another travelling trophy even bitchiner than the CMC one!!

sending a rabbit out in front of a grayhound produces some good competition... sending one out in front of a tortoise, not so much...

I may be a little wacky but I am a realist and don't think there will be a repeat of an AI #27 win anytime soon... but thanks for the words of encouragement

Todd Covini
05-12-2009, 11:43 AM
Maybe ExxonMobil could sponsor the gasoline required to get there, win the race, and carry the trophy home. That would go a long way toward my decision.

Sheesh. If you want something done, gotta do it yoself.
OK...I'll pick up your car, put gas in it, win the race & carry the trophy home. OK? :lol:

AI#97
05-12-2009, 04:58 PM

I am working on it Al. Begging borrowing and stealing what I can to make it happen... I have some unfinished business to take care of and I want to make Patrick Lindsey my bitch. Just not ready to make the full committment as of yet. Should know by end of week.

donovan
05-13-2009, 12:21 AM

Planning, working on the car, testing, testing, testing... I have a few more things to work on but the car is getting close.

I will be at Hallett with the car, its a test weekend for me.

DD

Al Fernandez
05-13-2009, 08:04 AM
That is awesome guys!!! I'll start laying down the pattern for the CNC mill to cut an 888 tread pattern :lol:

FYI Todd and myself are both going, as officials. So far it looks like Todd will be race director for AI, Adam McSpinny will be race director for CMC and I'll be playing series director.

ShadowBolt
05-13-2009, 08:09 AM
That is awesome guys!!! I'll start laying down the pattern for the CMC mill to cut an 888 tread pattern :lol:

FYI Todd and myself are both going, as officials. So far it looks like Todd will be race director for AI, Adam McSpinny will be race director for CMC and I'll be playing series director.

CNC mill. Computer numeric controlled

Are 888 required for Nats?

JJ

GlennCMC70
05-13-2009, 08:18 AM
no Jerry. RA1's or R888's.

michaelmosty
05-13-2009, 09:09 AM
If things work out I plan to fly in on Friday morning and back out Sunday night. I did this same thing in 07 and it was an amazing time. :D

Todd Covini
05-13-2009, 09:24 AM
If things work out I plan to fly in on Friday morning and back out Sunday night. I did this same thing in 07 and it was an amazing time. :D

Think about how much more fun it would be if your car was there when you arrived on Friday morning! :P

David Love AI27
05-13-2009, 10:05 AM

Dude, you have some mad driving skills... I will get your car there and crew and I bet if Jason can get off of work he will crew also...

one condition... gotta wear the cowboy hat on the podium

David Love AI27
05-13-2009, 10:07 AM
That is awesome guys!!! I'll start laying down the pattern for the CMC mill to cut an 888 tread pattern :lol:

CNC mill. Computer numeric controlled

JJ

Jerry, I thought the same at first , then remembered his unique sense of humor

ShadowBolt
05-13-2009, 10:21 AM
I really want to go but the time off from work is gonna be the killer. Two days out and two day back plus five days at the track. Sounds like nine days to me. Since I take nine days every July to go to SW Colorado this may be too much to ask. If we stay as slow as we are right now it will not make any difference. Anyone know how much it would be to get our cars hauled out and back? That way I could fly. That would take days off the trip but no motorhome to stay in.

JJ

AI#97
05-13-2009, 10:27 AM
I really want to go but the time off from work is gonna be the killer. Two days out and two day back plus five days at the track. Sounds like nine days to me. Since I take nine days every July to go to SW Colorado this may be too much to ask. If we stay as slow as we are right now it will not make any difference. Anyone know how much it would be to get our cars hauled out and back? That way I could fly. That would take days off the trip but no motorhome to stay in.

JJ

So say someone drove your motorhome up there with a HUGE stacker trailer behind it with two cars in it? I would just need to find the stacker! ;) Hint...Hint!!!

Adam Ginsberg
05-13-2009, 10:28 AM
Jerry - you might try finding someone to be your crew chief/tow driver. Have them haul your stuff to MMP, you fly in, race, fly home.

ShadowBolt
05-13-2009, 10:35 AM

JJ

So say someone drove your motorhome up there with a HUGE stacker trailer behind it with two cars in it? I would just need to find the stacker! ;) Hint...Hint!!!

Need more power Scotty. Only 350 h/p in my coach. I would not put that heavy a trailer behind it.

JJ

AI#97
05-13-2009, 10:40 AM
what's the max length open hauler you can put behind it...DOT stuff...?

GlennCMC70
05-13-2009, 10:40 AM
Jerry, if end up not racing (99% sure) i still want to go. you can use my trailer and i'll drive your shit up there.

Todd Covini
05-13-2009, 10:44 AM
aaaahhhhh.....the logistical creative juices are officially flowing now!!!

Keep it up...we'll have the 2009 CMC National Trophy Tour planned to & FROM Utah in no time!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

ShadowBolt
05-13-2009, 10:45 AM

I don't know but the MH is 40' long. The weight of two cars and spares would I'm sure be way past what the MH is supposed to haul.

JJ

ShadowBolt
05-13-2009, 10:48 AM
Jerry, if end up not racing (99% sure) i still want to go. you can use my trailer and i'll drive your shit up there.

What an offer! I don't know yet what I will do but this could change things. It's really hard to sign up now at the reduced price and then find out you can't go. Any refund if you can't make it? They really nail you to the cross for signing up late!

JJ

AI#97
05-13-2009, 12:19 PM

I don't know but the MH is 40' long. The weight of two cars and spares would I'm sure be way past what the MH is supposed to haul.

JJ

Trailer is about 3500....6000 in cars and another 2000 in "stuff". So 11,500#? Hell, my half ton ram is rated at 7600 and I had 12,000 on my old 3/4 ton. should be fine unless it's a tongue weight issue.

Just looking for ideas Jerry! My plan right now is the ram with the open hauler like last year....just trying to decide if I am going for the garage space...$400 and a place to stay over the cost of camping. I hope to be signing up Friday when I get home.

AI#97
05-13-2009, 12:20 PM

What an offer! I don't know yet what I will do but this could change things. It's really hard to sign up now at the reduced price and then find out you can't go. Any refund if you can't make it? They really nail you to the cross for signing up late!

JJ

$50 cancellation fee if requested by 9/1.

Wirtz
05-13-2009, 01:46 PM
Back in my autocross days, one of my race buddies had a Take3 gooseneck. We used it several times to get 3 race cars to the long haul tracks. I made a few calls and that trailer is no longer around, but I wonder how much it might be to rent something like that....

I want to go this year, but have not committed just yet. I would like to see some more of the Texas guys going up to drive.

Jeff

Todd Covini
05-13-2009, 01:54 PM
I've got the time blocked off this year (barring any hurricanes).
Plan is to ride up in the rolling Chateau de Fernandez, but if someone who doesn't have the time needs me to drive their truck & trailer for them...I can do that and caravan out there.

Bottom line is that if we plan & pool our resources (motorhomes, etc) we can make anything happen.

Heck...top 5 in each Texas class should be going...greater odds of coming home with a championship!

Fbody383
05-13-2009, 02:24 PM
Back in my autocross days, one of my race buddies had a Take3 gooseneck. We used it several times to get 3 race cars to the long haul tracks. I made a few calls and that trailer is no longer around, but I wonder how much it might be to rent something like that....

I've thought about tyring to find a "racing friendly" hauling service that has a driver that wants a week vacation at the races. I would be more swayed to go with 10 cars on the big truck and a couple crewmax/suburbans pulling people and parts in a couple trailers running chase. With several drivers you could go straight through what, 1500ish miles from Big D?

I'm looking for ways to make an excuse to go.

donovan
05-13-2009, 02:29 PM
I asked the length question recently and was told that it only applies to Commercial use... personal MH + Trailer can be whatever you want.

and if it were Commercial, all you need to do is pull a special permit each time you use it, cost money, but again... it can be as long as you want, you just have to pay the permit fee.

DD

(don't hold me to it, but that was the answer I got)

ShadowBolt
05-13-2009, 02:32 PM

I want to go this year, but have not committed just yet. I would like to see some more of the Texas guys going up to drive.

Jeff

The guys with the Drivers Edge have a trailer like that. If you want I will see if we can borrow or rent it.

I just got the Kitchen pass to go! I may need a spot on the three car hauler. May visit National parks in Utah on the way back.
Now you see how I got the pass. At least I did not have to attend a Celine Dion concert. Work could still screw this all up.

JJ

David Love AI27
05-13-2009, 03:47 PM

Jeff

I am looking for a TAKE 3 or something similar, since we have plans for two race cars and one TT car... been shopping on ebay but no good deals at the moment... really interested in one going cheap that needs work specifically hubs, brakes, paint and/or wiring... no welding... yet

edrock96GT
05-13-2009, 08:52 PM

I've thought about tyring to find a "racing friendly" hauling service that has a driver that wants a week vacation at the races. I would be more swayed to go with 10 cars on the big truck and a couple crewmax/suburbans pulling people and parts in a couple trailers running chase. With several drivers you could go straight through what, 1500ish miles from Big D?

I'm looking for ways to make an excuse to go.

That sounds like a brilliant idea!

Maybe even some kind of sponsorship deal with a company to give free deliveries to nationals every year in exchange for slapping a sticker or two on the cars?

I was thinking of trying for something like that from a local tow company since I drive my car to all events. They could come pick me up in the event my car breaks at the track again, since buying a truck & trailer to use 6 times a year isn't really feasable for me.

Just my .02, I'll go back to my sandbox now.... :wink:

Wirtz
05-13-2009, 09:38 PM
A buddy of mine pointed out that Take3 is here in Texas....

Al Fernandez
05-14-2009, 10:54 AM
Glenn...you're 99% sure you're participating and hauling your own stuff, or 99% sure you're not participating even though you're signed up? :lol:

Jerry...you're thinking of shipping your car and flying in or towing it behind your rig?

So far we have one rig going (mine). Happy to drag your trailer or load your car in mine in exchange for fuel (otherwise I'll bring either Todd or my car for a field filler). Todd has also volunteered to drive someone's rig and caravan with me for someone else who has the money but not the time.

David Love AI27
05-14-2009, 11:03 AM
A buddy of mine pointed out that Take3 is here in Texas....

yep... but I cannot pay "new" prices... Since I'm unemployed again and was written "OUT" of my Dad's will, I have lots of time on my hands and would rather get a "fixer upper" and fix it up...

Wirtz
05-14-2009, 11:13 AM
If you have alot of time on your hands, and some spare metal lying around, time for a welding project ;) How hard could it be....

I'll keep an eye out around here.

AllZWay
05-14-2009, 11:25 AM
Happy to drag your trailer or load your car in mine in exchange for fuel (otherwise I'll bring either Todd or my car for a field filler).

Man if you are going you should race... you would have an excellent chance of bringing the hardware home in the duece.

David Love AI27
05-14-2009, 11:25 AM
If you have alot of time on your hands, and some spare metal lying around, time for a welding project ;) How hard could it be....

I'll keep an eye out around here.

While you were posting this, I was signing up for welding course at local community college..... LOL

AI#97
05-14-2009, 12:15 PM
Glenn...you're 99% sure you're participating and hauling your own stuff, or 99% sure you're not participating even though you're signed up? :lol:

Jerry...you're thinking of shipping your car and flying in or towing it behind your rig?

So far we have one rig going (mine). Happy to drag your trailer or load your car in mine in exchange for fuel (otherwise I'll bring either Todd or my car for a field filler). Todd has also volunteered to drive someone's rig and caravan with me for someone else who has the money but not the time.ri

Dibbs on a bed on the snoring bus!

ShadowBolt
05-14-2009, 12:32 PM

So far we have one rig going (mine). Happy to drag your trailer or load your car in mine in exchange for fuel (otherwise I'll bring either Todd or my car for a field filler). Todd has also volunteered to drive someone's rig and caravan with me for someone else who has the money but not the time.

My thought is to drive the MH out there but I would need to get the car hauled back if we went to the National Parks in Utah on the way back. Maybe even getting the car hauled up also would let me pull my Jeep Commander behind the MH for wheels while we are there. I don't know it's still too far out to confirm.

JJ

GlennCMC70
05-14-2009, 02:44 PM
Al, 99% sure i want to go, and 99% sure i will not be able to race.

AI#97
05-16-2009, 04:12 PM
golf car rentals are 325 bucks!!!! :shock: How much are used ones? LOL! Also, $100 to camp. I don't recall paying a camping fee at M.O. but might have. Maybe you could just hide in someone's trailer!

I mooched rides off of Donovan and DownUnder last year but is anyone who is planning on going working out what they are doing for pit transportation? Anyone got room for a used golf cart....or a small lemons car! :lol: Hell, anyone got a tow bar I could bolt to the front of the lemon and just drag it up there behind the trailer?!!!

Al Fernandez
05-17-2009, 10:51 AM
I'm pretty sure tandem trailers are not allowed without a commercial license. We'll have room for a pit bike or even a golf cart if you want to buy one! 8) They're in the $2k range used.

AI#97
05-17-2009, 10:57 AM
I'm pretty sure tandem trailers are not allowed without a commercial license. We'll have room for a pit bike or even a golf cart if you want to buy one! 8) They're in the $2k range used.

Craigslist...800 bucks or trade for a plasma cutter! ;)

Actually just found one for free....just needs batteries and off their property! Hope he still has it!

David Love AI27
05-17-2009, 01:01 PM

Total length must be less than 65 feet to avoid commercial license...

Wirtz
05-31-2009, 07:29 PM
Ok, signed up today. Wanted to keep the thread alive for planning and figuring things out.

Does not look like my pit crew will be making it, so would appreciate any help from those going but not running (JB? Michael?)

Does anyone know if we sign up for a camping spot if they are assigned? Would be nice to have the TX crew near each other if possible.

Jeff

AI#97
05-31-2009, 10:42 PM
Registration list should look MUCH different come tomorrow afternoon! ;)

It's going to be nice to have 3 months to prep the car!

Al Fernandez
06-01-2009, 08:29 AM
Ok, signed up today.
WOOOHOOOO!!! :D Fanfuckingtastic Jeff!!!

jeffburch
06-01-2009, 09:53 AM
So, if someone will inquire about renting an 18 wheeler car hauler, and pay for my CDL/DOT physical, I drive it up/back.

Just a thought.
Do all the leg work. I'll drive it.
Capps may have some insight.

jb

cjlmlml
06-01-2009, 12:27 PM
If you get a speeding ticket, cant do defensive driving with a cdl holmes.

last i heard...

David Love AI27
06-01-2009, 04:10 PM
If you get a speeding ticket, cant do defensive driving with a cdl holmes.

last i heard...

correct... you are held to some ridiculous standards with a CDL... not that it is a bad thing...

BTW, JB, I have witnessed your highway driving first hand... stick with a regular license... you need all the defensive driving opportunities you can get... not that it is a bad thing....

jeffburch
06-01-2009, 04:16 PM
I think that it's linked to IF the violation occured in a commercial vehical.

What the hell is wrong with my driving?

jb

Alien
06-01-2009, 05:33 PM
Nothing nothing at all (http://www.aicmctexas.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2076//url)

Pretty sure with a class B (bus driver) it didn't matter what vehicle you got a ticket in, you still couldn't take DD. I would think a CDL would be similar.

David Love AI27
06-01-2009, 06:24 PM
What the hell is wrong with my driving?

Save that one for the cops... :wink:

kbrewmr2
06-06-2009, 12:16 PM
if you guys happened to have an extra slot for a director of another series keep me posted :wink: 8)

I'm signed up to run my TT class, PT class, and I've got one of the nice garages I should be splitting with another one of my TT guys, but if that fell through somehow...

nasa-rm
06-06-2009, 03:37 PM
Does anyone know if we sign up for a camping spot if they are assigned? Would be nice to have the TX crew near each other if possible.Jeff

All the open paddock is take what you need. Gather everyone into a Texas area, just like at MO.

RichardP
07-06-2009, 10:10 AM
Preliminary schedule up for Nationals. Big change in format. Qualifying races on Thursday and Friday. Big races split over Saturday and Sunday...

http://nasachampionships.com/news/070309/Sched_Nationals_2009Ver1.pdf

Richard P.

michaelmosty
07-06-2009, 10:31 AM
I'm glad I haven't booked my flight yet!
I checked on American and I can get a flight out of DFW early Thursday to make it in time for the Qual. race and then out on Sunday around 4:15.

Is anyone else planning to fly in for the drinking, I mean racing?
I hope they sell Keystone Light in Utah.

jeffburch
07-06-2009, 11:29 AM
LOL!
Pretty sure The Mormon State is completely dry!

jb

evarner
07-06-2009, 12:00 PM
3.2 beer only in Utah and no sales on Sunday. :shock:

http://www.utahbeer.com/images/504_guys-with-dots.gif
This pure, refreshing, 100% natural spring water will make the foamy stuff on tap taste downright strong. The new & improved product features high-quality packaging along with a spirited label design.

Visitors to Utah often criticize our tough drinking laws. We're a very different state with some unique characteristics. We feel it's an ideal market to have a few laughs and show everyone we have a sense of humor. With a couple of Utah Beers, we think it will lighten up people's inhibitions. A must have treasured souvenir to take home from Utah.

Utah Beer- No Minimum Age, No Legal Limits, No Aftertaste, No Hangover, Guaranteed!

AI#97
07-06-2009, 01:32 PM
I just noticed the two day of national races....burns and extra day for us that race on Sunday and REQUIRES us to be there Tuesday early for an extra practice/tuning day. Although, I could get out of there at 1pm Sunday which helps a little....but sitting around doing nothing on Saturday almost makes me want to supersize and find a CMC-2 car to drag with me!

Jeremy...you got that shitbox running yet?! ;)

jeremiahkellam
07-06-2009, 05:20 PM
I just noticed the two day of national races....burns and extra day for us that race on Sunday and REQUIRES us to be there Tuesday early for an extra practice/tuning day. Although, I could get out of there at 1pm Sunday which helps a little....but sitting around doing nothing on Saturday almost makes me want to supersize and find a CMC-2 car to drag with me!

I thought that was your job?? Jeremy just flies in, heads to the track, where his private driving coach (Mosty) shows him around. So.. Do YOU have that shitbox running yet???

ShadowBolt
07-06-2009, 05:39 PM

I thought that was your job?? Jeremy just flies in, heads to the track, where his private driving coach (Mosty) shows him around. So.. Do YOU have that shitbox running yet???

Yeah, that's what I thought also. Jay and Jeremy have the best deal around. In fact Jay has a better deal than Jeremy since he does not pay for anything or even have to tow the car to the track.

JJ

AI#97
07-06-2009, 05:43 PM

I resigned 7 minutes after he bowed out of R1. He's on his own for this one!

Hell, I still need to get MY shitbox back together. It's in so many pieces right now, I am hoping I have time to test before I leave for Utah. I have a dyno on 7/24 that I am worried about making right now.

Jeremy Gunter
07-07-2009, 12:28 AM

I was just sitting here minding my own business when BAM! POW!cheap shot from behind... I will say this, I do have some amazing team mates, and friends, who have helped me get to the track on more than one occasion, even though I do just blow my shit up when I get there... Next event Katrina is coming with a new data acquisition system... What I did is buy a box and screw it to Mosty's bumper. it has a HUGE magnet that attaches me to Mosty until I have learned all the braking zones, turn ins, apex's and exits... I'm gunna need it to keep up with the rest of you badasses...

Speaking of, Jerry is your car still HOTT? Jeremiah is YOUR car running?

kbrewmr2
07-13-2009, 01:51 PM
if you guys have some strong feelings on the Nationals schedule hop over to nasaforums and toss in some (constructive) two cents. Its not set in stone yet

- KB, who isn't a fan of that format yet either

AI#97
07-13-2009, 02:23 PM
if you guys have some strong feelings on the Nationals schedule hop over to nasaforums and toss in some (constructive) two cents. Its not set in stone yet

- KB, who isn't a fan of that format yet either

I can't say what I want to say in a constructive manner... LOL!

I am about to pull my registration actually. Asking me to pay for a day of practice so that they can have fluff in a schedule that they have made work for 3 years is fucking stupid. I really don't want to sit around doing nothing on Saturday, but I suppose watching some races would be cool.

I would rather see one less Free practice session on an all free Thursday, with the smaller race groups having thier first qual race on Thursday afternoon. Then run a regular schedule on Friday. Regular schedule on Saturday, except small race group has champ race on Saturday afternoon. Then we free up a session for Sunday making it easier to get all the races in with ooops's.

that way, we still have the same number of days of track rental, AND we get 3 free practice sessions instead of 4. I can live with that.

Feel free to suggest that idea as your own. If I do it, they will just dismiss it as insanity.... :roll:

nasa-rm
07-16-2009, 08:42 PM
I'm reading....

I see merit in the tweaked Thursday.

nasa-rm
07-16-2009, 08:46 PM
BTW, let me know what fluff to hack and I'll see if I can get rid of it.

kbrewmr2
07-19-2009, 03:04 PM
if any of you guys suggest they axe TT I'll be visiting your cars at TWS with a bag of sugar :lol: jus sayin! :wink: :twisted:

though if the two separate TT groups end up combined there is a bit of free space in the schedule all of the sudden...

AI#97
07-19-2009, 05:14 PM
if any of you guys suggest they axe TT I'll be visiting your cars at TWS with a bag of sugar :lol: jus sayin! :wink: :twisted:

though if the two separate TT groups end up combined there is a bit of free space in the schedule all of the sudden...

In all honesty, I the car counts are pretty well set right now. Anyone signing up late will likely offset cancellations, so I would say the number is set for each group.

I would say there should be some ways to pick up a full day pretty easily by combining similar smaller groups. If the two TT groups could be combined, do it. If we could get back to Thursday as a free practice, Friday Qual, Saturday qual and Sunday big Finale...I would be really happy.

What chaps my hide is this BS about releasing a schedule AFTER we sign up. I suggest next year that the schedule be posted prior to "sign up now for a discount".... When we have to assume the event would be run "like last time"...we all build plans/budgets/time off around that. to change it just fucks things up all over the board.

chris-CMC#35
07-19-2009, 07:37 PM

Hack anything that is labeled "AI practice."

-chris

mitchntx
07-19-2009, 07:46 PM
Why race AI at all.

According to Matt, the outcome is a foregone conculsion.

AI#97
07-20-2009, 08:16 AM
Why race AI at all.

According to Matt, the outcome is a foregone conculsion.

Thanks Mitch, you just saved me 2500 bucks....and I can stop working so damn hard on the car!

I will send them my address for my Toyo bucks and trophy...they can keep the Morman trophy girls....

AI#97
07-21-2009, 12:06 AM
Well, here are the sign ups as of 7/15....looks a little low.

Group A = AI/AIX/STR1 and 2

15 AI
9 AIX
4 STR1
3 STR2

Group B = CMC/2 and FFR

CMC = 6
CMC2 = 6
FFR = 15

Group C = 22
Group D = 30
Group E = 27
Group F = 27 Spec Miata had over 60 cars last year!!!
Group G = 17
Group H = 24
Group I = 22
Group J = 27

That's 254 registered drivers, several of which are supersizing in two or more classes.

I am going to guess that late sign ups equal cancellations so the number is set. Maybe that is why they are looking for more money with the paid practice day?

There are also more than a few classes that have less than 5 cars, CMC and 2 are near that low.

Weren't there like 450 drivers last year at M.O? Does this look like a bad decision to move out west this year?

<----back up on the fence of go/no go.... :(

AI#97
07-21-2009, 12:07 AM

Hack anything that is labeled "AI practice."

-chris

With 6 cars registered in CMC Chris....I wouldn't be throwing around the "hack this out" comments. :P

Adam Ginsberg
07-21-2009, 01:28 AM
With 6 cars registered in CMC Chris....I wouldn't be throwing around the "hack this out" comments. :P

It's so predictable when you do this, Matt. You make a statement without having accurate facts. Good to see nothing's changed.

AI#97
07-21-2009, 05:21 AM

It's so predictable when you do this, Matt. You make a statement without having accurate facts. Good to see nothing's changed.

All we have to go on as FACTS is here...

http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=28208

If there is some secret fucking "list" that isn't being published, roll it up and stick it in your ass. CMC and CMC2 each have 6 cars as of 7/15. I am only going off the officially posted entry list...no guesses.

nasa-rm
07-21-2009, 11:24 AM
Weren't there like 450 drivers last year at M.O? Does this look like a bad decision to move out west this year? (

East, west, central. I think we would be hosed no matter what.

We went from 15-16 AI/CMC cars here last year to 6-7 this year. The promises of 30+ 944s here are 15.

:x

jeffburch
07-21-2009, 11:53 AM
I'm still looking for a ride to Tooele.
Flying in/out is no fun.
Will help drive to/fro.
Overnight lows will be comfortable for trailer/tent sleeping.
I really don't wanna stay home for my vacation as I'd have to wreck out my deck and pour a patio.

jb

michaelmosty
07-21-2009, 01:28 PM
I'm with JB in that I am all for making the trip to Utah.
A lack of vacation time and a free AA ticket makes the fly in/out routine my choice.
I will offer up my assistance to any racer that needs it, I am just waiting to book the flight until I'm certain TX folks will be there.

David Love AI27
07-21-2009, 02:04 PM
Flying in/out is no fun.
Will help drive to/fro.
I really don't wanna stay home for my vacation as I'd have to wreck out my deck and pour a patio.

jb

I will transport and crew if you race...

jeffburch
07-21-2009, 02:57 PM
Most generous offer kind Sir, but I just don't have the will or energy.
(Not to mention), all the RA1's are gone.
jb

David Love AI27
07-21-2009, 03:25 PM
Most generous offer kind Sir, but I just don't have the will or energy.
(Not to mention), all the RA1's are gone.
jb

:(

jeffburch
07-21-2009, 03:44 PM
So, the softer/taller springs I just installed trying to get the 8's to work, will have to be swapped back? :cry:
My RA1 setup is LONG gone brudda.
Remember, we don't go backwards in CMC :?

thx but no.
jb

GlennCMC70
07-21-2009, 04:00 PM
will race for food. :cry:

jeremiahkellam
07-21-2009, 05:45 PM
Flying in/out is no fun.
Will help drive to/fro.

jb

We'll talk at TWS

nasa-rm
07-22-2009, 03:33 PM

So are you saying that if I feed you at Nationals, you'll race?

AI#97
07-22-2009, 06:15 PM
Weren't there like 450 drivers last year at M.O? Does this look like a bad decision to move out west this year? (

East, west, central. I think we would be hosed no matter what.

We went from 15-16 AI/CMC cars here last year to 6-7 this year. The promises of 30+ 944s here are 15.

:x

I see your point but the AIECCS seems to be doing well. Maybe the west coast is just broke?! LOL!!!

GlennCMC70
07-22-2009, 06:59 PM

So are you saying that if I feed you at Nationals, you'll race?

it gets me one step closer.

Todd Covini
07-22-2009, 09:13 PM
Glenn,
I think RP and I will both attest that prior year Championships, we rarely had to worry about food. :lol:

michaelmosty
07-27-2009, 05:33 PM
What is everyone's status for attending Nationals? I know a few people have signed up but are not 100% sure of going.

I have a free flight I can use I just need to book it. Whoever is confirmed and going let me know and I'll book the flight, just say the word. :)

AI#97
07-27-2009, 07:04 PM
What is everyone's status for attending Nationals? I know a few people have signed up but are not 100% sure of going.

I have a free flight I can use I just need to book it. Whoever is confirmed and going let me know and I'll book the flight, just say the word. :)

I am 48 hours from pulling the plug. Dicking around with the possibility of unemployment is not fun. Oh well.

Al Fernandez
07-28-2009, 07:48 AM
Dude, everyone is "dicking around with the idea of unemployment". You only live once. This is your year isnt it?

AI#97
07-28-2009, 05:53 PM
Dude, everyone is "dicking around with the idea of unemployment". You only live once. This is your year isnt it?

Al, my contract ends 9/30/09...no if's and's or butt's about it.

In the past I have lived dangerously and gone full speed ahead in matters like this...however, the idea of no job in a single income household...you make the smart decision to not spend money.

I do have a fantastic lead at the FDIC for a job identical to what I do now....but as with anything federal, it takes time.

Things change hourly....I WANT to go....but I have to be smart too. it's a rollercoaster right now.....so what is the max unemployment per week anyway?

Al Fernandez
07-28-2009, 07:34 PM
Huh...and here I thought mailmen were unionized and everything. :wink:

edrock96GT
07-28-2009, 08:04 PM
.....so what is the max unemployment per week anyway?

CA:
Weekly benefit amounts range from a minimum of $40 to a maximum of $450 depending on the claimant’s quarterly earnings.

TX:
Your weekly benefit amount will be between $58 and $392 depending upon the wages you earned.

Suddenly Kowliphornia isn't such a bad place :lol:

(sorry...I couldn't resist)

jeremiahkellam
08-04-2009, 01:35 PM
So Glenn is out (congrats on the job)
Wirtz said he was 60/40 not going
What's up Matt??

I am going, 100%!

GlennCMC70
08-04-2009, 01:52 PM
i'm still wanting to go.
i'll know more next week.

AI#97
08-04-2009, 05:20 PM
Parts to repair the nose are already in my garage. I need to go by and pick up some aluminum Friday and plan to bust ass all weekend on it. I ran through all the design on the plane this morning and think it will go together rather quick and will look drastically different. I am actually going to build two splitters for testing. Thankfully I am done with work in new Mexico this week and should be in Dallas for the next three weeks.

That being said..... I think I am going to sit it out unless I find a job by 9/1. Still want to do lemons in October and with no job lined up, I can't do both.

Anyone need a good project manager or purchasing asshole? Lol!

AI#97
08-06-2009, 08:17 PM
anyone catch the results from the race at MMP this last weekend....?

ST1 corvettes with a local racer ran a 1:59.xxx That is a car like Mixons with 550rwhp...

The track is WAY slower than we think!!!!

Todd Covini
08-06-2009, 08:20 PM
Dumb question but.....same configuration?

AI#97
08-06-2009, 09:47 PM
Dumb question but.....same configuration?

Yup and yup! :wink:

David Love AI27
08-15-2009, 12:33 AM
i'm still wanting to go.

Current list

CMC (6)
Landrum?
Wirtz

CMC2 (6)
Kellam

AI (15)
White

Who is missing?

GlennCMC70
08-15-2009, 06:33 AM
looking better every day.
got a new temp job that starts on Sept 20th.

AI#97
08-15-2009, 08:24 AM
i'm still wanting to go.

Current list

CMC (6)
Landrum?
Wirtz

CMC2 (6)
Kellam

AI (15)
White

Who is missing?

Looking for my eggo waffles over here....

Got a phone call about two jobs with DHS and CBP...supposed to reinterview next week....just worried about the higher security clearance crap...

Things are looking better but still a gamble at this point....guess I better go finish the damn car?! :shock:

Wirtz
08-15-2009, 05:56 PM
Glenn - I hope you are able to pull it together for Texas CMC. I MfWed it yesterday ;) I'm out. Now that I sold my car to Todd I'm going to focus all the money and effort into my new CMC2 plan.

Al Fernandez
08-15-2009, 06:06 PM
You what now??? :shock:

GlennCMC70
08-15-2009, 06:22 PM
Glenn - I hope you are able to pull it together for Texas CMC. I MfWed it yesterday ;) I'm out. Now that I sold my car to Todd I'm going to focus all the money and effort into my new CMC2 plan.

remember, i sold mine to my wife. she hasnt ran enough to qual for Nat's. :roll:

Al Fernandez
08-15-2009, 06:46 PM
Well congratulations on the purchase Todd. So now there's no way you're not campaigning that car at the nationals, right? :D

David Love AI27
08-15-2009, 07:24 PM
OK, LOOK... JB and I have a verbal agreement and I plan to stand true to my word, PERIOD. I am buying the CMC 3 car. No money has changed hands yet as most of it is tied up in probate. I have the money but it is drawing 3.5% in an account that I can't make deposits on, once I withdraw the money I'm done.

JB has commited himself to take off of work the week of Nationals and since nobody else is taking him up on his offer to help, he wants me to go.

I wasn't trying to hide anything from anybody... a deal is not a deal till money is exchanged.. so here it is plain and simple.

1). Jeff has agreed to sell me the package offered in his FS post.
2). I have agreed to pay him what he asked
3). I offered to let him finish the season, including Nationals in his car and he has refused.
4). He has offered to setup the car for Nationals and to give me track support if I can come up with the funds to go.

I don't know if I'm nuts for considering this offer, or he is nuts (prolly got an ace up his sleeve) for making this offer or we are BOTH nuts (what a pair) for even thinking we can pull this off.

For me... new car with no seat time, new track with no seat time, new event with no seat time... somebody kick me in the seat so I will wake up.

WE are NASATX, so cut the bullshit... I have opened up in this post with TOTAL honesty to bring the group together so WE can show the NATION what it is to be a racing family.

I'm am going out this week to find a sponser for the Love in it Racing CMC #3. You ALL did so much to keep LiiR in the hunt for a top 3 finish in AI and now I'm asking for non-financial help at nationals. I actually dreamed of being interviewed and thanking Wirtz and Landrum for showing me the way to a 3rd place finish and completing a 1, 2, 3 finish for the Texas region. I ranted earlier in the week an loved the "change" in the posts that followed. Lets keep moving forward.

I call... theres my hand.. whats up?

jeffburch
08-15-2009, 08:07 PM
"I have a dream!!!"

Bought if for Jason, yea right!

He bought the car outright.
The Nats stuff is my idear!
As the only car from Tx the top step is yours.

Jb

Hood
08-15-2009, 08:59 PM
So... Jeff... what's your plans? You jonesin' for a CMC2, AI or ST ride?

jeffburch
08-15-2009, 09:10 PM
Naa, rest.

jb

Ps
I,m lookin for a piece of aluminum tubing to replace the one in the seat back brace.
1.5 inch OD and about 18-22 inches long.
I cut off the excess from my I/O Port brace and need a replacement to make the seat adjustable.

Also need more ballast if anyone has any.

AI#97
08-15-2009, 10:19 PM

Man! There is a reason I have been in the garage busting ass 14 hours a day for the last few days. The car WILL be ready to go!!! I have a re-interview with the Customs and Border Patrol folks this week as it sounds like the guy they hired for peanuts turned out to be a joke. I am still prepping like I am going and will be until midnight on August 31st... I am about 80% of saying fuck it and goin' anyway.... I figure if I have to sell my car to get by...it will be worth more after it wins! ;)

speaking of the 5 races...is there a way to figure out if Dean Martin has run the requisite 5 races...? I see he is signed up but only have seen him at 2 events that I know of...

AI#97
08-15-2009, 10:21 PM
Naa, rest.

jb

Ps
I,m lookin for a piece of aluminum tubing to replace the one in the seat back brace.
1.5 inch OD and about 18-22 inches long.
I cut off the excess from my I/O Port brace and need a replacement to make the seat adjustable.

Also need more ballast if anyone has any.

Ain't open Sunday but have you tried Elliott's hardware? Does it have to be aluminum?

David Love AI27
08-16-2009, 05:44 PM
I'm with JB in that I am all for making the trip to Utah.
A lack of vacation time and a free AA ticket makes the fly in/out routine my choice.
I will offer up my assistance to any racer that needs it, I am just waiting to book the flight until I'm certain TX folks will be there.

what are your plans?

michaelmosty
08-16-2009, 08:27 PM
I still would love to make it. My initial thought was to fly out Thursday morning and back home Sunday afternoon.
I checked last night and they don't have any more "Advantage" flights for Thursday morning but do have one for Wednesday night.

My next question is who will trade sleeping space for me being their pit bitch for the weekend. :)

GlennCMC70
08-16-2009, 08:52 PM
I still would love to make it. My initial thought was to fly out Thursday morning and back home Sunday afternoon.
I checked last night and they don't have any more "Advantage" flights for Thursday morning but do have one for Wednesday night.

My next question is who will trade sleeping space for me being their pit bitch for the weekend. :)

me.

Adam Ginsberg
08-17-2009, 02:27 AM
speaking of the 5 races...is there a way to figure out if Dean Martin has run the requisite 5 races...? I see he is signed up but only have seen him at 2 events that I know of...

IIRC, a competitor can pay the additional cost(s) if they haven't run the required races, but I'm not 100% positive.

Additionally, read the Event Regs (http://www.nasachampionships.com/pdf/2009EventRegs-V1.pdf):

Section 5 - Eligibility, subsection 5.

NASA Management/Promoter reserves the right to invite competitors that do not fit within these guidelines.

AI#97
08-17-2009, 08:39 AM
Section 5 - Eligibility, subsection 5.
[quote]NASA Management/Promoter reserves the right to invite competitors that do not fit within these guidelines

If someone from national invited a pro racer and team to compete in our grassroots series....I will withdraw my entry 3 second later. that's horseshit when we work so hard to make it and then get upstaged or outclassed by a pro team with a pro budget.

I REALLY hope that is NOT what you are implying is going on there.

Adam Ginsberg
08-17-2009, 10:42 AM
Matt - I'm not implying anything. All I'm saying is NASA, as the promoter/event organizer, can modify the requirements if they so choose.

Don't go all "conspiracy theory" on me. ;)

Hook up yer shit, and head for Utah, Matt.

jeremiahkellam
08-17-2009, 01:49 PM
I hope we don't run into any of these in Utah...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3440/3830324669_e135b7f1b2.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2593/3830324725_32d35b7ed2.jpg

Wirtz
08-17-2009, 02:43 PM
Man, I really didn't need that.... :shock:

jeremiahkellam
08-17-2009, 03:58 PM
Apparently, Gibbs was testing somewhare in Arizona, Brad Coleman was driving. He was running the high line right against the rail. He said he was doing about 190 and the coyote stepped onto the track about 100' ahead of him, before he could even tell what was on the track...BAM!!! Can't do much at those speeds.

RichardP
08-17-2009, 04:18 PM
He said he was doing about 190

Given the speed, I'm actually shocked at how little damage there was to the car and that you can still tell that it was a coyote.

If you have seen the pictures of the fox that went into a street car in Europe, you would know what I mean...

Richard P.

Alien
08-17-2009, 05:06 PM
We ran some cheap Dollar Store type deer whistles on the rallye car.

They're one of those things you don't know if they really work, but you sure as hell know when they don't.

David Love AI27
08-18-2009, 12:10 PM
I'm IN... In desperate need of an enclosed trailer for that week!!!! or reasonable RV rental setup to haul...

Al Fernandez
08-18-2009, 04:40 PM
Dont worry David, we'll figure it out.

David Love AI27
08-18-2009, 05:25 PM
Dont worry David, we'll figure it out.

Hell, I ain't worried I got an open trailer, a tent, air matress and sleeping bag... ON THE OTHER HAND, My crew chief is gonna jump ship I don't get some confirmation on hauling up 3 sets of spares and comfortable sleeping quarters...

AI#97
08-18-2009, 05:34 PM
Alright....I am done fucking around.

I'm in 100%. Unless someone hands me a termination notice before 5pm on 9/4....I'm going. checked the finances and they are ok. Need to go over the car and the front spindles but I'll run the stockers if I have to.

Burch, if you still want the ride, my passenger seat is available. If he rides with Love up there, seat is open for anyone who can stand 8 days near me! ;)

Leaving Plano at 6am 9/7, staying somewhere between Denver and Cheyene Monday night..I have a free room. Arriving at the track mid day Tuesday...hanging at the track and relaxing/unpacking Tuesday afternoon and getting things ready for Wednesday practice. Thursday and Friday I hope to be whipping some people's asses and drinking 3.2% beer friday night. Sunday, race and relax after, get a good night sleep at the track. Leave as soon as gate reopens Monday morning, staying somewhere in Kansas/OK Monday night...Arrive home mid day tuesday hopefully with a big fucking check in hand.

No more waffling....no more bullshit. Your President just put his game face on. See you guys there.

Rsmith350
08-18-2009, 05:41 PM
Alright....I am done fucking around.

I'm in 100%.

No more waffling....no more bullshit. Your President just put his game face on. See you guys there.

Give'em, HELL!!

jeffburch
08-18-2009, 08:14 PM
MW,

I'm glad you're done effin around but I'm all in with DL.
I'm prolly the only one here who could put up w/U fer 8 days.
And enjoy it.

Jb

Waco Racer
08-18-2009, 10:08 PM
I'll be there racing too. I know, it's not a knuckle dragger, but, it's better than nothing.

michaelmosty
08-18-2009, 10:46 PM
Alright, flight and rental car are booked.
I am gettin in Wed. night a little after 8:00 and am out Sunday at 4:30.
I have a rental car through Priceline (I love it, $27/day) and can give anyone a ride if they will be arriving near the same time.
It is going to be a kick ass weekend of racing, I can't wait!!!

mitchntx
08-19-2009, 07:55 AM
Is that an AA flight leaving about 6:30?

michaelmosty
08-19-2009, 08:52 AM
Is that an AA flight leaving about 6:30?
Correct.