View Full Version : TorcSeries Offroad Racing TMS May 15-16

jeffburch
05-06-2009, 04:26 AM
http://www.torcseries.com/

jb

Todd Covini
05-06-2009, 08:54 AM
Cool!

Their series description sounds like Texas AI/CMC from a few years ago :lol: :lol: :lol: :

The Traxxas TORC Series-THE Off Road Championship, is the fastest, most punishing short course racing series on the planet. TORC events are packed with flag-to-flag fender banging as drivers push the limits over whoop and jump filled natural terrain racetracks. Off-road racing fans come from far and wide to experience this most challenging form of high-octane competition and once they taste TORC for the first time they’ll be hooked for life.

Looks like a good vision as well and could be successful. Wish 'em the best of luck! Anybody going?

-=- Todd

PS- I went to a BAJA 1000 once when I was in California. Some kick-ass machinery and racing.

Waco Racer
05-06-2009, 09:27 AM
There's a couple of guys from Texas that race with us that run and sponsor the TORC Series. Mark and Mike Jenkins.

jeffburch
05-06-2009, 09:45 AM
Yes, me and the Painters.

jb

Alien
05-06-2009, 11:07 AM
Is this a different series than CORR?

Speaking of Traxxas...

Speedvision + boredom during the last hurricane which shut down my work for a week + $500 caused me to go buy one of these...
http://www.traxxas.com/products/electric/5805/trx_5805.htm

I see they are coming out wik a smaller 4wd version too
http://www.traxxas.com/products/electric/slash7008/trx_slash7008.htm

jeffburch
05-06-2009, 11:34 AM
I'm sure they come here (D/FW) because Traxxas (title sponsor) is a N.Tx. based company.
In the grand scheme of RC, Traxxas is just the largest RTR manufacturer.
Got their place with the monster truck (Tmaxx).
Up until then, you had to build your own.
I preferred (when I was messing with them) the awd 1/8 nitro buggies.
What a money pit that can be.
I sold all my stuff to a guy that was into scale rock crawlers.
jb

Waco Racer
05-06-2009, 11:35 AM
Is this a different series than CORR?

CORR is no more. This series was intending to combine the WSORR and CORR. But, now there is TORC and Lucas Oil Off Road. At least they have sponsors.

jeffburch
05-09-2009, 06:07 PM
Speaking of stadium trucks (see 2nd paragraph).
I attepted to gain some data for the 1st time this year for me on the 888.
I did a trackday at ECR today.
Couldn't get any heat in the tire due to ambient and no sun.
Waste of time in this regard but didn't have a hub or brake issue so this is solved.
Thanks again to my protege Troy Reynolds for coming out to hang out and keep me company.

Now the ECR crap.
When we ran there how long had the surface been down?
Not long.
Well it's deterioration has progressed along even worse.
Worst surface I've ever been on.
My car was bounding over sections.
They got robbed.
Crap.
Stadium trucks.

jb

AI#97
05-09-2009, 08:44 PM
.....blah.....Stadium trucks......

jb

cliffsnotes.... ECR surface is so bad you need a stadium truck to run it now? LOL!!!

that back straight going up hill was pretty bad last year. So bad my car was getting air and breaking the rear tires loose at the top of 4th gear from all the ups and downs. Staying left helped but you had to get back track right to setup for braking zone. Was far rougher than the front straight at TWS for sure. Rest was ok except for the down hill braking going into T7? half sealer half not was a little hairy with the whooops....