PDA

View Full Version : Radios are finally ready!

Boudy
05-23-2006, 10:42 PM
OK, guys and gal, I've finally got the R&D done and have a package together. Thanks to all who helped me test and tinker with prototypes. I finally had to stick with high gain noise cancelling mics. Throat mics are probably still in the future but the quality we need is just not in our price point yet. But I'm still working on it. I also redesigned the car harness to add lenth to the PTT. Now it will reach the shifter knob or the steering wheel while allowing the radio to be mounted any place in the car.

Yes, I'm working on adapters for the guys who already have helmet kits and car harnesses of other makes.

I'm offering the demo units to the TX group first. I only have 30. They don't scan but they are good units and I don't need them on the shelf. These would sell for $149 with receive only headset so I'm selling them for $99. Please see my gallery for slicks of the production run products. All will be for purchase when I get a form up.

You will notice that I started a new company, "Argent Lab." This was 2 fold. First, I wanted to keep my service organization seperate from new products. Two, I owed a debt of gratitude to BCI's first 2 employees and I promised them a piece of the first spin-off.

As hoped, I was able to develop this product and offer it at approximately 60% of the retail cost of similar units on the market.(80% outside of this forum) The main factor is that the radios are my brand new line, I don't purchase Kenwoods or Motorolas and try to profit on packaging them up for racing. Everything in my package is built by or for Argent Lab.

Please give me until at least Friday and there will be an order form at www.ArgentLab.com.

Also, look for a contingency program soon. You can count on it!

Boudy

mitchntx
05-24-2006, 07:03 AM
Thanks Boudy for doing this.

Put me down for a radio and helmet kit with the ear tube.
I also want a second radio for someone in the pit to use.

You are the man ....

gt40
05-24-2006, 09:26 AM
Thanks Boudy for doing this.

Put me down for a radio and helmet kit with the ear tube.
I also want a second radio for someone in the pit to use.

You are the man ....Ditto for me. I want a demo unit, but I don't need any upgrades.

ON EDIT: Put me down tentatively for two. I have to check on a couple of things...

Mike Bell
05-24-2006, 09:29 AM
I'm trying to recall how this works, was this the deal where we could all hear NASATX broadcasts? If not, are these all on seperate frequencies then? Guess I've slept and forgotten all the details!

Boudy
05-24-2006, 10:30 AM
These units are programmable to any UHF frequency that NASA eventually settles on. However, the demo units don't scan, which is why they didn't make the final cut.

I've offered to provide frequencies, equipment, and to manage the entire frequency usage for NASA across the entire series, however, there are some who want to reinvent there own wheel because it's believed that is a goldmine hidden in being a RaceCeiver dealer.

Boudy

Edited to be polite.

Mike Bell
05-24-2006, 10:36 AM
Thanks for the info/help Boudy. Any idea what the scanning radios will cost so we can get an idea on the value of buy now or later? I'm not sure how much a scanning feature costs on these things or if NASATX will be broadcasting at all but would like to find out.

Boudy
05-24-2006, 10:50 AM
The new radios in production will sell for $169 w/Receive only headset and the upgrade to a 5 watt radio is $49.

I put slicks in my album to show the options and prices it you want to check em' out.

Thanks,

Boudy

gt40
05-24-2006, 12:27 PM
These units are programmable to any UHF frequency that NASA eventually settles on. However, the demo units don't scan, which is why they didn't make the final cut.Can you list the frequencies the demo radios can tune to? If I ever get a crewchief, I'd like to be able to talk to him using equipment he already has (ham radio nut.)

mitchntx
05-24-2006, 01:12 PM
OK ... now I'm a little confused.

Is this basically the same rig tested at MSR-C in April?

Tuning to hear a NASA broadcast will cost $49?

I keep seeing "recieve only" ... and a "PTT" button. How can I talk with a recieve only system?

Boudy
05-24-2006, 02:30 PM
Sorry Mitch, didn't try to confuse anyone. This is the same radios we tested at MSR-C.

Recieve only system means I am selling it with an earpiece only. This is for guys who want to listen to NASA or anyone else as cheap as possible and don't care to ever talk on the radio. The radio itself is not limited in anyway. This package is $99 for the demo units and approximately $135 for the production units that have scan.(These prices are for AICMCTX only, discount explained in next post)

If a guy wants 2 way communications, he buys an upgrade kit which includes includes the mic, earpiece, and car harness. These are $169 for the eartube system and $179 for the speaker system. I kept them seperate because some guys just don't want to pay for the extra parts.

The radios can be reprogrammed to NASA frequencies if and when they get on the train. Don't know when this will be as NASA TX has stated that they will run the show. No fee, I just need to get my hands on them.

Summation:
Demo Radio with Eartube Only - $99
Demo Radio with Eartube Car Kit - $99 + $169
Demo Radio with Speaker Car Kit -$99 + $179
Cooperation from the powers that be - Priceless

Hope that helps.

Robert

Edited to change package specifics and add verbage on discount.

Boudy
06-02-2006, 04:36 PM
My new site is www.ArgentLab.com. Please feal free to stop by and browse around. I'm sure there are some issues we've overlooked so please let me know if you see something.

The AICMCTexas group will recieve a 25% discount on radios. For the discount, you must create yourself an account. I would like you to use the same usernames as you use here at AICMCTexas. It is not mandatory but it will help me to identify group members who set up an account because I have to add you to the discount group manually after you set up an account. Expect an email a day later to confirm that you were added to the discount group.

Thanks,

Boudy

mitchntx
06-02-2006, 05:49 PM
The demo radios are 2.5 watt, correct?

Is that gonna be sufficient for use at big tracks, like TWS?

Boudy
06-02-2006, 10:43 PM
Mitch: Yes, the demos are 2.5 watts. With a roof mount antenna, they should work fine anyplace we run. However, the pit crew would need a 5 watt radio for big tracks. We are just going to have to see what happens at TWS. If anyone with a 2.5w radio has problems, I'll exchange em' with full credit toward the 5w unit. In fact, I'll bring some and exchange em' at the track if need be.

Boudy