PDA

View Full Version : Our friends at MER (pro results spoiler)

Al Fernandez
05-11-2009, 08:10 AM
You guys know 2nd place in our recent enduro was Jason Saini in his Tx based Team MER MX-5 Pro Cup car.

Its good to see our local enduro rival took Tx style racing to the rest of the country this weekend. Jason beat out the rest of the SCCA World Challenge TC drivers to score his second career win in that series.

Meanwhile, his team was off at Road Atlanta, where they came in 1st and 2nd at the MX-5 cup opener with drivers Marc Miller and Mark Jenkins. I know Marc Miller was with us at the enduro, he and I chatted for a while afterwards.

Anyway, congratulations to Jason, Marc, Mark, and the entire Team MER.

Todd Covini
05-11-2009, 10:23 AM
With his win, Saini moved to the World Challenge Touring Car point lead, with 224. Kleinubing is second, with 195, followed by Thomas (192), Cunningham (172) and Foss (161). Acura leads the Manufacturers’ Championship Presented by RACER, with 16, followed by Mazda, with 14 and BMW, with 9.

Today’s race will air Friday, May 22 at 2 p.m. (EDT) on SPEED. Rounds Three and Four of the Championship will take place in two weeks time, May 16-17, at Mosport International Raceway.

Todd Covini
05-11-2009, 11:23 AM
Round One of the SCCA Pro Racing Playboy Mazda MX-5 Cup will begin airing on syndicated cable networks May 25. A full television schedule will be posted shortly on www.mx-5cup.com. Round Two will take place May 15 – 17 at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca in Monterey, Calif.

Reading the MX-5 Cup recap here:

http://www.mx-5cup.com/story.php?ID=1270

it sounds like a classic West Coast & Texas Team Challenge. Team Ara (Ara Malkhassian, who left Texas to go to NorCal) against Team MER.

I'm setting up m DVR for this season races too.