PDA

View Full Version : Rule of the Day - NASA Mission Statement

Todd Covini
05-14-2009, 10:47 AM
From the CCR, I had not read this before....

National Auto Sport Association: Mission Statement
National Auto Sport Association, PO Box 21555, Richmond, CA 94820 is a sanctioning
body created to promote amateur and professional motorsports activities throughout the
United States. The National Auto Sport Association (NASA) also serves to conduct,
supervise, sanction, and organize amateur and professional motor racing and work in
association with other road racing organizations, striving for the betterment of all aspects
of motorsports. Some of these aspects include: advocating improved safety standards
with more rigorous enforcement among all the sanctioning bodies; sharing new ideas in
safety innovations, and disseminating important safety related data in an effort to alert
other organizations of any new potential dangers. NASA believes in promoting safer
driving on the highways, thus instituting an affordable program that allows enthusiasts a
chance to enjoy their sports cars in a relatively safe and supervised environment, rather
than on the street. NASA serves to benefit non-profit organizations by regularly hosting
charity events to raise awareness of current humanity related issues, as well as
improving the image of motorsports. NASA is an advocate of teenage driver
improvement programs, and takes a firm stance when it comes to setting the examples
of reliability, integrity, honesty, responsibility, and good sportsmanship.

Todd Covini
05-14-2009, 12:48 PM
NASA believes in promoting safer
driving on the highways, thus instituting an affordable program that allows enthusiasts a
chance to enjoy their sports cars in a relatively safe and supervised environment, rather
than on the street.

FYI....There was an independent film crew at TWS producing a film on "Street Racing". Many of you may be future stars as they filmed a lot of Group 4 & 7.

One can only imagine that the storyline was "this is the right way to do it" vs. on the streets.

David Love AI27
05-14-2009, 03:40 PM
NASA believes in promoting safer
than on the street.

FYI....There was an independent film crew at TWS producing a film on "Street Racing". Many of you may be future stars as they filmed a lot of Group 4 & 7.

One can only imagine that the storyline was "this is the right way to do it" vs. on the streets.

I was my cousin... he is gonna get me a copy... someday...