PDA

View Full Version : Show off your race car

oz98cobra
05-24-2006, 10:54 AM
It's time to fly the NASA flag again and show off your race car.

The SVT Club of North Texas Cruise Night at Grapevine this Saturday evening - May 27 - has a special feature class for Competition cars. They did this last year and a few local CMC and AI cars were on display - and it created a lot of interest! It's a great opportunity for us to get exposure for our series outside of the track, especially now that Texas Driver Magazine covers every cruise.

Cars can be left on trailers and hitched to your truck, so all that is required is to wash the bugs off the windshield and trailer it to Grapevine for a couple hours.

It would be great if we could get at least 2 or 3 DFW area CMC/AI/AIX cars on display. Registraiton for the cruise is from 5:00pm to 6:45pm, and it wraps up by 8:00-8:30pm.

Directions and other details can be found at http://www.chuckscruise.com/

AI#97
05-24-2006, 02:38 PM
Have you or adam got some banners we can drag out there with us to really market the series a little? This is a great idea and I could probably clean all the dust off the car and armorall the tires.....might not win any trophies but if we could work to increase car counts with opportunities like this, it would be worth while!

oz98cobra
05-24-2006, 06:19 PM
Have you or adam got some banners we can drag out there with us to really market the series a little? This is a great idea and I could probably clean all the dust off the car and armorall the tires.....might not win any trophies but if we could work to increase car counts with opportunities like this, it would be worth while!

I don't have a banner, but if someone does, I'd be happy to make sure it gets strung up somewhere appropriate?

It would be great to have at least 1 of each class - CMC, AI and AIX - and at least one of each make represented.

So who else can make it?

AI#97
05-24-2006, 06:26 PM
I want to say Skip had the banner last I saw it. If we need, I can park the car in front of the trailer with the banner hung up on the side of it....makes a better presentation.

Just realized the wife is gonna have to drive to our friends place for a lake party alone while I go do this! :lol:

michaelmosty
05-24-2006, 08:15 PM
Daron,
I'll try to make it w/ the CMC car. The inspection is only one month out, ya think I can drive it out? :wink:

GlennCMC70
05-24-2006, 08:38 PM
Daron, are you saying you need a chebby to go also?

jeffburch
05-24-2006, 09:14 PM
Being just down the road, I'd go if it wasn't for;
A) My car is ugly.
B) It's a Chevy.
C) It's in the air on stands getting; brakes, tranny rebuild, clutch, slave, fly resurface, front spring change, new front wheel studs, poly trans mount and tires. They never corded. Just tired of carrying around spares.
See ya'll in Okiehomie.
I here yard birds already.

jb

oz98cobra
05-25-2006, 02:29 PM
Daron, are you saying you need a chebby to go also?

Absolutely - the SVT club just manage the cruise - it's not a Ford event at all. Last year the chebby race cars were represented by Mike P's AI weapon. It would be great to have your car there.

Are you still driving your race ride on the street Michael? :shock:

GlennCMC70
05-26-2006, 12:11 PM
Daron, i'll have to seek permision from Todd and Adam as i have a way of repesenting the series in a negative manner. maybee you could put in a good word for me.

AI#97
05-26-2006, 12:26 PM
Are you still driving your race ride on the street Michael? :shock:

A qualifying poll position, a podium finish AND street legal?!! :shock:

Daron, sorry but have to bail....my extended hall pass got revoked. Who would of thought my wife wanted to spend any more time with me?! :?

oz98cobra
05-26-2006, 03:04 PM
Daron, i'll have to seek permision from Todd and Adam as i have a way of repesenting the series in a negative manner. maybee you could put in a good word for me.

It's OK Glenn, no one will be looking at you - just the car ;)

Hope to see it there tomorrow.

GlennCMC70
05-27-2006, 12:10 AM
i dindt realize it was this weekend. i'm on call all weekend and its my B-day this weekend. i cant make it. maybee next time.