PDA

View Full Version : I'm not going to make Hallett

marshall_mosty
05-24-2006, 12:34 PM
My wife's grandfather is in the hospital with congestive heart failure, among other things (he's 89). My in-law's were supposed to keep the kiddos so I could go racing, but my mother-in-law is now having to play nurse-maid and won't be able to help out.

So, you guys have fun, be safe, and I'll see you in October at MSR-H.

mitchntx
05-24-2006, 01:10 PM
I know how hard a decision that is to make.

But family first reeps great rewards later on.

Prayers for your family and God Bless.

Mike Bell
05-24-2006, 02:15 PM
Marshall,

Sorry to hear about your wife's grandfather, hopefully he will recover. You will be missed at the track but as Mitch said, family first.

chicane23
05-24-2006, 04:19 PM
You will be missed my friend!

Hopefully things will work out for the best.

micah
05-24-2006, 11:52 PM
i don't think jerry or i will make it either, 12 hour tow one way with no co-driver on top of a weekend of racing is ruf

macstang
05-25-2006, 09:45 AM
Speak for yourself there Mister teammate.....

I looked at my schedule and can support it. Now, if the other half of the team can make a small investment in order not to take a bath in points.......

mitchntx
05-25-2006, 11:07 AM
I like it when chicks fight.

8)

oz98cobra
05-25-2006, 02:24 PM
I like it when chicks fight.

8)

Mitch, is this really the forum to be airing your fantasies? ;)

Sorry to hear you won't make it Marshall and hope the family situation works out.

Mike Bell
06-05-2006, 02:28 PM
Anyone else catching FLAK over the Hallett Event on Father's Day Weekend? I guess we have a "two week" radar at my house, seems today all hell just broke loose...................

:shock:

gt40
06-05-2006, 02:30 PM
Anyone else catching FLAK over the Hallett Event on Father's Day Weekend? I guess we have a "two week" radar at my house, seems today all hell just broke loose...................

:shock:I think my family has a 2 DAY radar. Sometimes not even that...

AI#97
06-05-2006, 02:41 PM

:shock:

....not a father! But I am a son who is catching flack for it....I just choose not to return voicemails regarding the subject. At some point in time when they come to the track and actually support my efforts, then I will make time for them.....

Yes, there is some disfunction outside of the AI/CMC family too.....

mitchntx
06-05-2006, 03:03 PM
Hell, I'm taking the weekend BECAUSE it's Father's Day ....

chicane23
06-05-2006, 04:10 PM
It is Father's day, right?

We should be able to what ever we wish!

Mike Bell
06-06-2006, 06:29 AM
It is Father's day, right?

We should be able to what ever we wish!

In a perfect world, yes. ;)

macstang
06-06-2006, 11:27 PM
I'm doing the right thing for Fathers Day, bringing my daughter with me to Hallett. Thanks Micah.

micah
06-09-2006, 12:48 AM
happy fathers day team mate.

micah
06-09-2006, 12:49 AM
happy fathers day team mate.

AI#97
06-09-2006, 10:01 AM
I may be added to the "No Hallet" list....finally popped the head gasket (I think) at the mid america meet yesterday......Gonna diagnose it today but I lack motivation to work on the car anymore!!! :x

Mike Bell
06-09-2006, 10:05 AM
Dang Matt, hope it's not too expensive and you can get her done in time for next weekend!

oz98cobra
06-09-2006, 12:36 PM
I may be added to the "No Hallet" list....finally popped the head gasket (I think) at the mid america meet yesterday......Gonna diagnose it today but I lack motivation to work on the car anymore!!! :x

Now look here Mr White, you know what happens if you start making comments like "lacking motivation" - there'll be a bunch of guys turning up on your doorstep Saturday morning tools in hand - and they'll start ripping your car apart whether you like it or not - just ask Mr Burch ;)

So which day and what time would you like us to be there?

jeffburch
06-09-2006, 01:38 PM
He's F.O.S.!!!
He'll get it done.
He's leading in the points!

jb

marshall_mosty
06-09-2006, 01:47 PM
This shounds all too much like a Glenn Landrum (I graduated from the Eric Varner school of drama) comment about his massive oil leak on the CMC70 car last year and his inability to make one of the races when he was leading in Rookie points....

It's all mind games....

michaelmosty
06-09-2006, 02:02 PM

Now look here Mr White, you know what happens if you start making comments like "lacking motivation" - there'll be a bunch of guys turning up on your doorstep Saturday morning tools in hand - and they'll start ripping your car apart whether you like it or not - just ask Mr Burch ;)

So which day and what time would you like us to be there?
I'm busy Sat. but will swing by on Sun. to help finish things up if needed. All I require is a few Keystone Lights. 8)

chicane23
06-09-2006, 02:08 PM

P- word! ;-)

Listen to you, you won't miss next weekend!
Better that it happened now then next weekend. Get that MOD motor car running by next weekend. You can do it! ;-)

jeffburch
06-09-2006, 02:12 PM
This shounds all too much like a Glenn Landrum (I graduated from the Eric Varner school of drama) comment about his massive oil leak on the CMC70 car last year and his inability to make one of the races when he was leading in Rookie points....

It's all mind games....

HeHe, how bout this?

Mike Bell
06-09-2006, 02:20 PM
Weren't there any CMC Mustangs at that event?? :shock:

Waco Racer
06-09-2006, 03:12 PM
Not a good question to ask.

Mike Bell
06-09-2006, 03:17 PM
Yeah, I see your point - now. D'oh!

AI#97
06-09-2006, 05:38 PM
Guys the help would be greatly appreciated but the push can't really start till Wednesday night....here is the update...

at 10:30 this morning I finally got up after driving back from hallet last night and finally hitting the pillow at 1:30am having left at 4:30am just to drive up there, do 6 laps and come home. On the way home, had a flat on the trailer from a piece of glass, missed my exit onto 69 south cause it was dark and I was futzing with the phone, drove 30 miles out of my way cause there are NO turn arounds, missed hitting a dear by about 20 feet, ran over a snake...I think, got held up by a train for 30 minutes and finally got to the house around 12:30, emptied the trailer and took it to storage and FELL into bed..

Now the bad stuff!!! Top end of the motor is off and found a few interesting things....the shroud in the driver cam cover for the oil vent had glue holding it on and is now in 7 pieces blocking the drain hole back into the pan, hence while I was getting oil in the intake, BOTH chain tensioners are BROKEN and have been for a while, I think the 100 # of oil pressure may have contributed to this or the slide backwards at houston was "whapping" the chains on them and one broke in two places!! they were being held in place with the nylon wear surface ONLY...amazing it didn't grenade totally a long time ago. Ford has an updated part for this which should fix the problem.

Head gaskets are a custom made item and are being made/delivered by Wednesday. Motor has to come out of the car to get the heads off (I knew this long ago so hush up about mod motors). Water smelled like exhaust so that tells me the head gasket is done...just worried about a warped head which is RARE on these motors....

So items for replacement while it's tore apart....

Water pump
head gaskets
valve springs.
chain guides.
valve cover
fix the hole in the header
new clutch...maybe

If things don't arrive in time these items are getting added and I will see you guys in August!:

New race prepped heads with bigger valves and milled for more compression, new cams for more upper end pull (VT might use me as a ginea pig which means FREE!!, extrude hone the intake, bigger Throttle body and a ram air setup for the right front headlight....

So to get the motor out so I can check the internals....does anyone have an engine hoist in the North Plano area...? If not, I am going to run to Northern in the AM and grab one.

Oh, and just for the record.....waaaaahhh! had to whine a little! :lol:

Mike Bell
06-09-2006, 05:49 PM
Free is good, otherwise two words: PUSH ROD. :D

Best of luck however it works out Matt.

AI#97
06-09-2006, 08:48 PM
here's ya a picture of some carnage! I think Joe Johnson's 00R had the same problem this weekend??? :cry:

chicane23
06-09-2006, 09:35 PM
Who wants to bet Matt makes it to Hallett?

With the race format, you will not be missing much!

AI#97
06-09-2006, 10:01 PM
Who wants to bet Matt makes it to Hallett?

With the race format, you will not be missing much!

Honeslty, the 6 laps that I did get up there....I hated. Not bashing the event or the track too much but the gravel/grass pits, rough track, lack of what seemed racing/passing zones overall, didn't twist my knob any...Not real interested in returning! :(

I am thinking I might just take my time and accelerate my offseason engine build up I had planned anyway and just come back in August and finish strong. I am already 200 lbs heavy and with the cool suit I know is going to be required for TWS, make that 230lbs heavy so I have room for alot of power to use at the big track....however, spending the money for this build now pretty much negates any chances of going to Nationals.

I will have the motor out tomorrow to inspect any other issues with my fingers crossed....hopefully all is OK... :?

jeffburch
06-09-2006, 11:30 PM
What the hell is it?
An apex seal off a ricer LOL?!

jb

AI#97
06-10-2006, 09:28 AM
What the hell is it?
An apex seal off a ricer LOL?!

jb

Ricer? I would hate to think I was winning races with that little amount of power! :wink:

Those are the guides which hold tension on the two timing chains for the cams....sheesh, you guys and your old technology! :roll: :lol:

Heading to ford this morning and to get the lift....diagnoses by 1pm today, stay tuned here, same bat time, same bat channel!! :?

AI#97
06-10-2006, 06:29 PM
Well, also found I have been running on 7 cylinders....#1 did not have an electrode on it the spark plug....so f this not changing plugs and redynoing BS...they will get changed after every event.

Head gasket failed in Superior fashion...head is probably warped and will get milled...more compression and power!

See you monkeys in August. Have a fun and safe time in Hallet.

Take care....

MW

marshall_mosty
06-10-2006, 10:15 PM
Matt,
I hope all goes well with your rebuild. I picked up a new intake so I can junk the Exploder intake I'm currently running. It should put me at my 300/316 HP/TQ limits for 2850 lbs... Time will tell.

See you guys in October!!

AI#97
06-11-2006, 12:12 PM
Matt,
I hope all goes well with your rebuild. I picked up a new intake so I can junk the Exploder intake I'm currently running. It should put me at my 300/316 HP/TQ limits for 2850 lbs... Time will tell.

See you guys in October!!

Yeah, new goal for me is the 330/350....and a sticker that says "Fear This!" :wink:

I'll be back with a vengeance!!!