PDA

View Full Version : Yee Haw, It's Lemon's Texas!!

jeremiahkellam
06-01-2009, 08:37 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2470/3586935281_0b5b518718.jpg

Stick Pony Racing is there!!!

michaelmosty
06-01-2009, 09:09 PM
Wow, what are the specs on her?

Beware, a SN95 Mustang got crushed at the South Carolina event a month or so back. That better be one enormous pile of shit! :lol:

It'll be great to see you out there, it is a hoot!

jeffburch
06-01-2009, 09:19 PM
Car cover = crusher

Yee F'n Haw!

jb

jeremiahkellam
06-01-2009, 10:04 PM

Beware, a SN95 Mustang got crushed at the South Carolina event a month or so back. That better be one enormous pile of shit! :lol:

As it sits: 196,000 mile 3.8l V6 (dat's right!!)
about 20 degrees of toe out after bouncing off gaurd rail
We even took out the pimpin chrome cobra head shifter cause we thought that might put us over the top.

And on top of all that, I'm the "A" driver if that tells you anything. We're screwed either way :lol:

AI#97
06-01-2009, 10:41 PM
Our pile of shit has more miles than your pile of shit!!!! :lol:

michaelmosty
06-01-2009, 11:06 PM

As it sits: 196,000 mile 3.8l V6 (dat's right!!)
about 20 degrees of toe out after bouncing off gaurd rail
We even took out the pimpin chrome cobra head shifter cause we thought that might put us over the top.

And on top of all that, I'm the "A" driver if that tells you anything. We're screwed either way :lol:
Bad ass, is it a 5-speed.
A 4-cyl. fox got second last year and it dyno'd 78 rwhp a few weeks after the event.

Y'all can strip the heck out of that thing, put some camber in the front, and be in great shape.
You still going with the same theme you told me about a few months back?

jeremiahkellam
06-02-2009, 07:10 AM
Yes it is a 5 speed. We had also found an '88 4 cyl, but honestly thought that car might be too good...

We have a new theme. See ya at the race...

Hood
06-08-2009, 08:37 AM
Anybody interested?... here's a good starting point...

http://houston.craigslist.org/pts/1209863878.html

jeremiahkellam
08-17-2009, 07:07 PM
We're in!!

David Love AI27
08-17-2009, 07:38 PM
We're in!!

Hey neighbor... no invite to help with the build??? My Team is in San Antonio so I don't get to "play" with the car till it gets to the track...

jeremiahkellam
08-17-2009, 07:59 PM
Let the competition wrench on our masterpiece of engineering?? Eh? Why not...

We are pretty far along, our next group work day isn't until the last weekend of Sept. I'll let you know

:twisted: (sorry, my son wanted to add this is)

David Love AI27
08-17-2009, 08:07 PM
:twisted: (sorry, my son wanted to add this is)

your gonna balme that on a FIVE YEAR OLD?!?!

Hey you do know any driver can drive any car... right?

jeremiahkellam
08-17-2009, 08:18 PM

Why? You need me to drive something for ya?? :wink:

Rob Liebbe
08-17-2009, 08:24 PM

Why? You need me to drive something for ya?? :wink:

Good one Jeremiah!!!!

michaelmosty
08-17-2009, 08:32 PM
We are in also. We need to schedule a weekend to look over the car, nut and bolt everything, put in a new seat, and check the brakes. The pads have done about 30 hours of racing in the last year and I'm not sure if they will be able to last another 13. :lol:

David Love AI27
08-17-2009, 09:04 PM
We are in also. We need to schedule a weekend to look over the car, nut and bolt everything, put in a new seat, and check the brakes. The pads have done about 30 hours of racing in the last year and I'm not sure if they will be able to last another 13. :lol:

Brakes?? you guys got brakes???... bet your running those ceramic rotors with that formula atlantic motor...

AI#97
08-17-2009, 09:29 PM

A whole weekend? Damn son! I got enough shit going on at my place right now! Can I phone this one in?! ;)

MikeP99Z
08-17-2009, 10:20 PM
Any team need a driver?

AI#97
08-17-2009, 10:41 PM
Any team need a driver?

You need to convince Mitch and Glenn to get a team together. Of course you might also have to invent umbrellas that could stop pig shit from the sky! LOL!!!

michaelmosty
08-17-2009, 11:58 PM
Here is some trackside footage from the February 09 event.
http://vimeo.com/6155384
I think with 140 cars at the upcoming event it could be even more tight. Can you hear the roar of all the V8's thundering around the course. :lol:

AI#97
08-18-2009, 06:24 AM
Here is some trackside footage from the February 09 event.
http://vimeo.com/6155384
I think with 140 cars at the upcoming event it could be even more tight. Can you hear the roar of all the V8's thundering around the course. :lol:

Our car leans too much! LOL!!!

cobra132
08-18-2009, 08:15 AM
We are in! Fired up the lemon yesterday for the first time since oct with a different mass air meter. Seems to be running much better, you all better look out. FMR

AllZWay
08-18-2009, 08:15 AM
I wont be ready or have a car for this event...but I am really considering buying the pinto.

I think my Dad would have fun in a Lemons event.

David Love AI27
10-07-2009, 01:12 PM
OK... HEAD COUNT

Alamo City Rollers: FMR, D.Love,J.Love and Gorge
Team "WTF" (W stands for What): MM, MFW, J "Drill Press" G, CW
Team "WTF" (W stands for Who): JK, W "Pops" K, and?
Team "WTF not" (W stands for Why) EV, MB and? (TC who, maybe?)
Team "Just WTF" (Wants To Finish) MC and a bunch of TAMU smart asses

Who is missing?

rpoz27
10-07-2009, 01:45 PM
OK... HEAD COUNT

Alamo City Rollers: FMR, D.Love,J.Love and Gorge
Team "WTF" (W stands for What): MM, MFW, J "Drill Press" G, CW
Team "WTF not" (W stands for Why) EV, MB and? (TC who, maybe?)
Team "Just WTF" (Wants To Finish) MC and a bunch of TAMU smart asses

Who is missing?

That's Schrodinger's Crapbox to you and we'll finish even if I gotta drive the whole thing myself. We've got the most reliable Audi ever! :twisted:

jeremiahkellam
10-07-2009, 03:51 PM
J "Drill Press" G,

That's pretty funny!!

jeremiahkellam
10-07-2009, 04:08 PM

Team Stick Pony Racing - Jeremiah Kellam, Wayne "Pops" Kellam, Frosty "The Sim Racing God" StClair, Todd "Du-Du-Durt Track'n" Manchester

AI#97
10-07-2009, 04:08 PM
J "Drill Press" G,

That's pretty funny!!

He could have probably driven the hour to my house, used the drill press, and driven back in less time! LOL!!!

Jeremy Gunter
10-07-2009, 04:59 PM
J "Drill Press" G,

That's pretty funny!!

He could have probably driven the hour to my house, used the drill press, and driven back in less time! LOL!!!

All of you kiss off!!! I made weight by 12 pounds without weighing first! If I hadn't done what I did a DQ would have followed my first non inverted win! I am quite proud of my "rookie" ass! :wink:

I think I owe frank a drill bit... a high speed one :oops:

rpoz27
10-07-2009, 06:22 PM
J "Drill Press" G,

That's pretty funny!!

All of you kiss off!!! I made weight by 12 pounds without weighing first! If I hadn't done what I did a DQ would have followed my first non inverted win! I am quite proud of my "rookie" ass! :wink:

You were over by 12 pounds after all that?!? Rookie!!! :roll:

mitchntx
10-07-2009, 06:38 PM
Don't make me send Glenn in here to moderate, edit and delete this thread.

michaelmosty
10-07-2009, 06:55 PM
J "Drill Press" G,

That's pretty funny!!
Agreed!!
Jeremy is getting too many names, JoJo, "rook", drill press. :lol:

GlennCMC70
10-07-2009, 06:56 PM
Don't make me send Glenn in here to moderate, edit and delete this thread.

there is almost nothing to see here. start moving along. :wink:

David Love AI27
10-07-2009, 07:43 PM
J "Drill Press" G,

That's pretty funny!!

You were over by 12 pounds after all that?!? Rookie!!! :roll:

I bet if enough holes were drilled he could lighten those plates by 12 lbs...

Jeremy Gunter
10-07-2009, 08:56 PM

Need a bigger human drill press to try that again... Maybe MFW is the man for that?

rpoz27
10-07-2009, 10:37 PM

Need a bigger human drill press to try that again... Maybe MFW is the man for that?

We tried to get Dr. Frank to help....

cobra132
10-08-2009, 10:56 AM
I resemble that remark. FMR

cjlmlml
10-16-2009, 01:05 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chicago/chi-lemons-car-race-south-zone-1oct14,0,7896756.story

jeremiahkellam
10-18-2009, 06:48 PM
Stick Pony Racing is READY!!

http://www.vimeo.com/7132715
[/u]

Jeremy Gunter
10-19-2009, 01:25 AM
Stick Pony Racing is READY!!

http://www.vimeo.com/7132715

You STOLE my paint job for Katrina... Back to the drawing board

AllZWay
10-19-2009, 09:16 AM
I finally went out to look at a potential lemons car yesterday.

Originally I was thinking it was a Pinto, but it is a 85 Mustang...sort of.
Purchase price is $400.

Positives... Pretty decent cage, good seat, steering wheel and is nice under the hood. Overall it is good running and driving shape.

Negatives... Rough...very rough.... needs wheels and bigger fuel cell (only has a 8 gallon cell now), also needs lights and windshield and new racing belts.

I am still on the fence about purchasing it though. One of my bosses wants to get involved with it and spend some money, but I have to get more of a committment from him before I would pull the trigger.

http://www.jpmotorsports.biz/lemons/musturd1.jpg

AI#97
10-19-2009, 10:00 AM
so....is this bad with only 4 days before we haul down to the track...?

Waco Racer
10-19-2009, 12:42 PM
I don't think that penny loafer is acceptable footwear, even for LeMons.

cobra132
10-19-2009, 12:53 PM
Matt, Jeremy and I could remove that for you.

Man does our lemon car suck. I cannot figure out its lack of power issue. Oh well.

We are planning a "keep it fair" keg party for the corner workers and officials on sat after the race. All NASA CMC/AI racers are of course welcome.

We all need to pit/paddock together. Who will be there first to stake out our area and how many spots do we need?? I will be there on friday by 1130 or 1200. Frank

AI#97
10-19-2009, 12:54 PM

I have requested a new "walking cast" made of Carbon Fiber and Nomex....figured it would fit in with the "new, more expensive AI". LOL!

Should know by 3pm today if it's broken....I hope not, but the pain killers say "don't operate HEAVY machinery." Good thing that the lemon is LIGHT!!! :lol: :lol:

It doesn't hurt to hit the gas pedal to drive, it's the brake pedal that hurts like a mofo so I could always just not use the brakes! ;)

AI#97
10-19-2009, 12:55 PM

I have requested a new "walking cast" made of Carbon Fiber and Nomex....figured it would fit in with the "new, more expensive AI". LOL!

Should know by 3pm today if it's broken....I hope not, but the pain killers say "don't operate HEAVY machinery." Good thing that the lemon is LIGHT!!! :lol: :lol:

It doesn't hurt to hit the gas pedal to drive, it's the brake pedal that hurts like a mofo so I could always just not use the brakes! ;)

Call MSRH immediately....apparently the canopies are going for $25 ea... Thank Misty for the heads up hook up!!!

Rob Liebbe
10-19-2009, 12:56 PM
Spill - how'd you do that Matt? Hope it was kickin' some non-working lazy ass postal worker in the ass.

AI#97
10-19-2009, 01:02 PM
Spill - how'd you do that Matt? Hope it was kickin' some non-working lazy ass postal worker in the ass.

I dropped Jeremy's new drill press on it! ;) j/k

Was carrying in parts at the shop, didn't get the foot clear and the door slammed in on the back side of my heel/achiles tendon with my foot still pinned between the door and the step. Mosty had to open the door just so I could get my foot out. Made it through saturday night at the bar with beer and Hydrocodone, couldn't touch it on sunday am...walking cast has made a huge difference. Just getting the x-rays to be sure no hair line crack to be worried about. I will be at lemons driving even if I have to tape the shit out of it and bear the pain. I ain't missin' this event!!!

MikeP99Z
10-19-2009, 01:18 PM
Perfect opportunity to work on left foot braking...

Alien
10-19-2009, 01:20 PM
Matt didn't do anything. Captain Chaos prolly hurt it saving a kitten from a burning building.
Da-dum-duuummmm!

Wirtz
10-19-2009, 01:37 PM

... and your left foot gasing.

michaelmosty
10-19-2009, 02:10 PM
Matt didn't do anything. Captain Chaos prolly hurt it saving a kitten from a burning building.
Da-dum-duuummmm!
:lol: Exactly!!!
http://partamian.net/blog/captainchaos.jpg

AI#97
10-19-2009, 05:20 PM

Something about "bowling balls" being in the way...? Surprising ouch on a panic stop! :oops:

Good news is, that due to excellent bone density, explains the thick skull, the bone is not broken or chipped. However, it appears to be a serious hit right where the tendon attaches to the bone. Got a bigger boot, some meds and told to stay off it for 2 to 3 weeks. I told the doc I was driving in an endurance race this weekend so make the meds good, but no drowsy/drunk feeling. He then asked a lot of questions about the race! He likes Porshes though... :(

I'll still drive the shit out of the little shitbox with 1.5 feet! Beware bitches because I will be driving drunk AND angry!! :twisted:

Al Fernandez
10-20-2009, 04:30 AM
I'm confused...how is this going to be worse than normal? :wink:

Waco Racer
10-20-2009, 08:02 AM
I'm confused...how is this going to be worse than normal? :wink:

Because he has to share the car with 3 other people!

cobra132
10-20-2009, 10:41 AM
Canopies are for rent, I just got one next to Misty. Better call now. FMR

AI#97
10-20-2009, 10:47 AM
Canopies are for rent, I just got one next to Misty. Better call now. FMR

Frank, you staying at the track? If not, is your trailer open for a sleeping bag or two?

cobra132
10-20-2009, 12:26 PM
Jorge rented an RV so the trailer is wide open. FMR

AI#97
10-20-2009, 06:38 PM

Dibs!

David Love AI27
10-20-2009, 09:37 PM

Dibs!

Jason is your roommate... I have 30 year reunion Sat night

jeremiahkellam
10-20-2009, 10:57 PM
You're going all they way back to Tomball??

Alien
10-23-2009, 08:02 PM
Event hasn't even started yet and there is already drama (would you expect anything eles from LeMons?) at the Tech shed, this time no pen caps involved.

Seems they failed the 'ambulance' for the cage... that PASSED the previous two events! :roll: Hopefully the guys will get it fixed for tomorrow!

See y'all in the morning! I'll be on the radio for the Bikiniracer team again.

marshall_mosty
10-23-2009, 09:11 PM
Talked to Michael and they are adding additional cage that follows the same angle from the down bars, back to the back of the car. Originally the down bars terminated at the rear shock tower bar and then had verticals that transmitted into the frame between the shock tower... apparently that isn't safe enough for Lemons... :roll:

They have some more material on the way and a cutoff wheel to notch the tubing. According the Michael there are "plenty" of welders there, so that wasn't an issue. Hopefully they can go through tech clean either this evening or tomorrow morning.

cjlmlml
11-03-2009, 03:55 PM
What happened with the Bell/Varner entry?

evarner
11-04-2009, 04:31 PM
What happened with the Bell/Varner entry?

Our little 1.5g turning moostang lacked one thing. Powah!! 48rwhp totally sucked and it was a sharp knife among the .38cal guns out there. When a Ford Festiva was pulling us in the straights, we knew trouble was in our future. Even though we could pass 5-7 cars at a time in the carousel, we would be over-taken in the straights. Corners were fun and could pass on the inside, middle or outside.. didn't matter.

http://www.tek-racing.net/nafta/trackpic4.jpg

Overall it was a blast and now know what it's going to take to run in the top 5. We learned a lot and had so much fun the entire weekend.

Got to see my brother (he lives in San Jose) (driver #4) and now has some actual W2W experience now. :D

Our team rookies did really well and couldn't ask for a better bunch of team mates.

Had an early 30min penalty (speeding in the paddock) that set us back, but we charged back towards the top until the little engine that could.. gave up on Sunday. lol First, the 1bbl carb actually ejected itself from the intake. Second, the lean condition caused by the 'first' resulted in a blown head gasket.. or worse. :shock:

We'll be back.... Steve Austin style. :lol: 8)

michaelmosty
11-04-2009, 04:39 PM
[quote=cjlmlml]First, the 1bbl carb actually ejected itself from the intake. Second, the lean condition caused by the 'first' resulted in a blown head gasket.. or worse. :shock:

Wow, the carb decided it had enough. :lol:
You going to keep it as a LeMons car or turn it into a CMC machine?

rpoz27
11-04-2009, 04:48 PM
Nearly 500 pics - enjoy! http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk100/rpoz27/LeMons%20October%202009/

evarner
11-04-2009, 04:57 PM
[quote=cjlmlml]First, the 1bbl carb actually ejected itself from the intake. Second, the lean condition caused by the 'first' resulted in a blown head gasket.. or worse. :shock:

Wow, the carb decided it had enough. :lol:
You going to keep it as a LeMons car or turn it into a CMC machine?

I need to get the #2 car in the garage in the next few weeks to pull the motor apart to see what damage I caused. Depending on what's needed will lead me down different paths.....

cjlmlml
11-20-2009, 10:30 AM
Check latest Grassroots- Best bribes of Lemons history, Formula M baby!

Is not always about boobs.

Waco Racer
11-20-2009, 12:02 PM

Huh?

Alien
11-20-2009, 12:27 PM
Team BikiniRacer/WitchdoctorMotorsports. :D

David Love AI27
11-20-2009, 12:35 PM

makes me think of the phrase "putting it all out there"... she REALLY "puts it all out there"... you lucky bastards... My poor team has to look at ME for two days...

Waco Racer
11-20-2009, 02:31 PM

I know who he is talking about.

I just don't agree!

ShadowBolt
11-20-2009, 05:29 PM
Check latest Grassroots- Best bribes of Lemons history, Formula M baby!

Yes it is!

JJ

MikeP99Z
11-21-2009, 12:01 AM
Came across a lemons-like car today for $200. Nissan Sentra 4 door, auto tranny, blown motor. Any interest in this shitbox lemme know.

Shortcutsleeping
12-14-2009, 10:37 PM
Bored?

Of course you are...otherwise you'd be workin on the race car and not surfing car forums.

http://www.witchdoctormotorsports.com/ch152.htm

Costas
cars and such...

David Love AI27
12-14-2009, 11:49 PM
Bored?

Of course you are...otherwise you'd be workin on the race car and not surfing car forums.

http://www.witchdoctormotorsports.com/ch152.htm

Costas
cars and such...

and yes... bored enough to make it all the way down to your part of the race report