PDA

View Full Version : WTB--3rd or 4th gen rear end.

Hood
06-04-2009, 11:29 AM
Need something with which to finish out the season, preferrably with a working posi. Gears aren't as big of an issue at this point. Reasonably priced would be another good quality. :wink:

RagingAardvark
06-04-2009, 01:41 PM
Need something with which to finish out the season, preferrably with a working posi. Gears aren't as big of an issue at this point. Reasonably priced would be another good quality. :wink:

Gary,
if it comes down to it, we have a Borg-Warner rear we yanked out of our GTA. I could bring it to Hallett. The posi is not working correctly though. :( If you want it, we could bring it.

-erik

Hood
06-04-2009, 05:21 PM
I have two of those exact same rearends. One has welded spider gears and a howling pinion bearing, the other has a worn out posi and a noisy pinion bearing. How's the pinion bearing in yours? BTW, how much did you want for it?

BryanL
06-04-2009, 06:24 PM
Not much help but its free.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/texas-classifieds/1126848-free-10-bolt-housing.html

RagingAardvark
06-05-2009, 10:27 AM
I have two of those exact same rearends. One has welded spider gears and a howling pinion bearing, the other has a worn out posi and a noisy pinion bearing. How's the pinion bearing in yours? BTW, how much did you want for it?

I'll have to ask our mechanic what his assesment of the pinion gear was, but it wasn't noisy. We just wanted a backend with a working posi.

Lemme figure out a price