PDA

View Full Version : Hallett head count - i need a response from EVERYONE!

GlennCMC70
06-04-2009, 07:15 PM
so far, we are just not seeing the numbers for Hallett. i hear of all these folks saying they are going, but i dont see them on the registration list. late fee's go into affect Sunday night, so if you havent signed up, DO IT NOW. we were talking 30+ in CMC alone, but i'm not seeing it.

i need a simple yes or no posted here if you have or havent signed up.

YES

GlennCMC70
06-04-2009, 07:36 PM
so far this is what NASA has. not sure on the date this list was made.
i've asked for an updated list.

22 American Iron Cody Powell
8 American Iron Michael Patterson
132 American Iron frank robertson
AI Raybob is in - Reg coming
AI Tommy Schlender is in - Reg coming
AI Scott Koerner is in - Reg coming
AIX XX Misty Cain
1 CMC Rob Liebbe
8 CMC2 steve mulder
9 CMC2 Mitch Warren
5 CMC2 Al Fernandez
11 CMC Michael Mosty
16 CMC David Balingit
17 CMC2 Jerry Jordan
18 CMC Bryan White
18 CMC2 Jeremiah Kellam
19 CMC Jeff Wirtz
28 CMC James Proctor
35 CMC Chris McComb
39 CMC David Francis
64 CMC Sidney Franklin
67 CMC Bob Denton
3 CMC Jeff Burch
70 CMC Glenn Landrum
24 CMC2 Bryan Leinart
22 CMC2 Jeremy Gunter ??
CMC Beth Seliga just signed up
CMC Ken Rockwell is signing up
CMC 34? Gary Robertson
Corey Rueth
Robert Boudreaux

red means i talked w/ them today, or they are on a list i got from NASA today (6/4/09).
blue indicates RM Director informed me of attendance.

where are these guys:
Downunder Racing (Team)
Team LIIR (David/Jason Love)
Matt White
Chris Lyons
David Donovan
Charles Penney
Team Varvini
Gary Hood
Greg Hughes
Nick Runyon
Team Red Shift Racing

i fully expect all these guys to be there too. whatsup suckas!

where are all the RM guys?

Al Fernandez
06-04-2009, 07:55 PM
I'm signed up Glenn, changed my color to black.

Guys, apparently there's a pretty low car count overall, so we really need to get NASA some accurate numbers. Please sign up if you havent done so yet and let us know.

AI#97
06-04-2009, 08:12 PM
<---Spectator/coach for Gunter.

GlennCMC70
06-04-2009, 08:13 PM

pussy.

Wirtz
06-04-2009, 08:15 PM
I wadden't fakin. I'm in.

NickV
06-04-2009, 09:20 PM
I talked with jessica and told her to forward my registration. I'm not gonna make hallett. I'd love to go but finances got tied up in to something else. I'll be back for TWS in august and eagles canyon.

Jeremy Gunter
06-04-2009, 10:24 PM

pussy.

Glenn for god sakes, drink a glass of milk and take your meds!!!

I still don't have a running car...

AI#97
06-04-2009, 10:51 PM

pussy.

Glenn for god sakes, drink a glass of milk and take your meds and go pull your plate!!!

I still don't have a running car... fixed!

Your shortblock is ready to put the heads on. Motor will be assembled by 6pm tomorrow night, might even be ready to put in the car with headers and trans ready to go. I will be at Cresson all day Saturday, Mosty is back Sunday and goal is to drive it around the block Sunday around 8pm. You can Dyno it Thursday when you are in town...

Go ahead and register.

Jeremy Gunter
06-04-2009, 10:56 PM

pussy.

Glenn for god sakes, drink a glass of milk and take your meds and go pull your plate!!!

I still don't have a running car... fixed!

Your shortblock is ready to put the heads on. Motor will be assembled by 6pm tomorrow night, might even be ready to put in the car with headers and trans ready to go. I will be at Cresson all day Saturday, Mosty is back Sunday and goal is to drive it around the block Sunday around 8pm. You can Dyno it Thursday when you are in town...

Go ahead and register.

Well in that case YES, Im in...

David Love AI27
06-04-2009, 11:50 PM
Up in the air...

Rob Liebbe
06-05-2009, 07:34 AM
On the list and definitely in.

ShadowBolt
06-05-2009, 08:26 AM
I talked to Robert Boudreaux last night and he is working on his car. It will be close but he's trying to make it. I also thought Chuck Penny was going to make it. Corey Rueth just purchased tires so I assume he is going to make it also.
There is a way to sign up at the last minute and not pay extra and I know several use this method but I wil not say how it's done. I don't want to blow the deal for them.

JJ

RagingAardvark
06-05-2009, 10:12 AM
yes from 3CatsRacing...we're gettting registered today from RM.

rpoz27
06-05-2009, 10:39 AM
Testing both Cain cars tonight. Will sign up this evening. I will be AIX due to lack of motivation to get a dyno.

Fbody383
06-05-2009, 01:26 PM
Even though I'm on both lists...

YES i'll be there.

Set up to dyno the car tomorrow to stave off any protests for my upcoming, outstanding, podium resulting performance.

Alien
06-05-2009, 09:18 PM
Lucky you, I didn't make either list <kicks dirt>

NO, havn't registered, but YES I should be there

Will be registering tonight now that Knocker is back in my possession. Just got the car back from the shop. Drove it fine onto the trailer, get home, won't run now and had to push it back into the garage. Hope to get it resolved this weekend.

GlennCMC70
06-05-2009, 10:01 PM
31 cars in Group 4 at this point. :P

Den34
06-05-2009, 10:21 PM
Three fourths of the entire Midwest CMC region is registered and will be there.
Translation
That is Bryan White, Sidney Franklin and myself ( Bob Denton)
Looking forward to it. Looks like it will be this years "Nationals" for all practical purposes.

See you there!

BryanL
06-07-2009, 07:57 AM
Just curious, is the turnout so low it could be canceled? I'm not surprised since it is such a haul for anyone in Texas and especially for anyone south of DFW.
Also, makes me curious how much a track rental is with course workers in case we ever wanted to have a AICMC weekend somewhere. We could have our own races and then use the rest for test/tune or something.
I think Hallet is 2 grand to rent??

AI#97
06-07-2009, 08:07 AM
Just curious, is the turnout so low it could be canceled? I'm not surprised since it is such a haul for anyone in Texas and especially for anyone south of DFW.
Also, makes me curious how much a track rental is with course workers in case we ever wanted to have a AICMC weekend somewhere. We could have our own races and then use the rest for test/tune or something.
I think Hallet is 2 grand to rent??

Look up " Pit Happens" from 2007....Same thing. It's also summertime and there are a lot of vacations happening right now as the kids are getting out of school and some people just think it's too hot to race right now. Hell, 1/3 of our students yesterday were worn out and leaving after only 2 or 3 sessions on track...

some of us just have a bad history at Hallett and want to save the equipment for bigger things.

jeffburch
06-07-2009, 10:06 AM
Same date event at Road Atlanta entry list
http://www.nasa-southeast.com/WebList.pdf

You reap what you sow.
Our group should be proud.
Others? :roll:

jb

GlennCMC70
06-07-2009, 10:29 AM
i agree Jeff. Group 4 here in TX has reasons to be proud. but lets use our efforts to show other classes how to develop that group unity that we have.

i also never understood why HPDE guys just will not make the trip.

nasa-rm
06-07-2009, 11:01 AM
I for one am very proud of the AI/CMC group showing at Hallett. 30+ AI/CMC cars is not something all that common. Heck, we have a bigger CMC field than for nationals (at this point).

This is seriously something that should have video shot and do a DVD. In car video is easy - now we need 4 cameras around the track.

This event can only get better.

AI#97
06-07-2009, 11:03 AM
i also never understood why HPDE guys just will not make the trip.

The comments I always get from potential HPDE prospects is, "They have hpde at nasa tx events?"

It's called marketing and letting people know you exist...

JB...Pantas is a regional master and the example to copy. Period.

AI#97
06-07-2009, 11:07 AM
This is seriously something that should have video shot and do a DVD. In car video is easy - now we need 4 cameras around the track.

This event can only get better.

Since I won't be racing, if I make the trip up, I plan on bringing a couple cameras to do grid vids, track side vids and would like to put a camera on a tripod at the inside of Turn 2 for atleast the start of the race getting the field coming down at T2. Sadly, I won't be in any of the vids but hey, might as well support my guys and keep the excitement alive.

Anyone got a tripod they want to risk? Thinking about having 10-12 feet to the inside of the track toward the corner worker station and about 40 feet before the turn in cone about 2 feet or less off the ground.

Jeremy Gunter
06-07-2009, 11:26 AM
walmart.... mine is $$$

nasa-rm
06-07-2009, 11:30 AM
Anyone got a tripod they want to risk? Thinking about having 10-12 feet to the inside of the track toward the corner worker station and about 40 feet before the turn in cone about 2 feet or less off the ground.

I'll sacrifice the tri-pod if you sacrifice the camera....

ShadowBolt
06-07-2009, 12:16 PM
I for one am very proud of the AI/CMC group showing at Hallett. 30+ AI/CMC cars is not something all that common. Heck, we have a bigger CMC field than for nationals (at this point).

And I bet three or four of the fastest CMC drivers in the country will be at Hallett but not at Nationals.

JJ

jeffburch
06-07-2009, 12:55 PM
I have 2 tripods.
Need EV to come supervise this.
Anybody heard from Varvini?
I heard from Corey this morn.
He's coming.

Scotty'sSpeedShop?????????

jb

Also,
My annual trek to The Steer Inn will be friday for any that want to tag along.
Buffet home cookin'.
I need a Jalapano Chicken and Tabouli fix.
I hope they have frog legs this time.
Depart before 7pm.

GlennCMC70
06-07-2009, 01:08 PM
to add to JB's Friday plans.......
i want to hit up the Flying Roll. some of the best homestyle cooking i've hadin many years. its in Tulsa....... somewhere.

GlennCMC70
06-07-2009, 09:28 PM
to add to JB's Friday plans.......
i want to hit up the Flying Roll. some of the best homestyle cooking i've hadin many years. its in Tulsa....... somewhere.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/flyin-roll-chicken-dinner-house-tulsa

RagingAardvark
06-07-2009, 10:08 PM
I'll be shooting video for you Dave, as Beth will be racing :)

AI#97
06-08-2009, 12:54 AM

I'll sacrifice the tri-pod if you sacrifice the camera....

Camera is good to go, I just need to charge the battery.

michaelmosty
06-08-2009, 01:02 AM
Just got back in town, catching up on the posts, ready for Hallett!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Al Fernandez
06-08-2009, 07:54 AM
I talked to Todd, and he's definitely out and didnt think Eric would be making it.

AllZWay
06-08-2009, 08:10 AM
I am still definitely in... I guess since I don't have a pit stall, I will try to setup pit across the road from the little stalls near the Bitch.

jeffburch
06-08-2009, 08:15 AM
Boudereaux-out (car not ready), but bringing MH, margarita machine and sound system.
Aspires to get in a Spec RX7 arrive/drive with Nick Runyon. Boudy said Nick's new car wasn't ready. :(

jb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuXxy8cjZQA

David Love AI27
06-08-2009, 09:33 AM
good chance LiiR is out...

Rob Liebbe
06-08-2009, 09:54 AM
I'm sorry to see all the dropouts, but sure they are unavoidable. We will refer to you all as "flies" and might even miss you. :) See you at the next event.

rpoz27
06-08-2009, 10:30 AM
Martin is out. Ever since we fixed my car, his has had a serious handling issue. Poor guy! Anyway, I have pit stalls 11 & 12, if anyone wants to share with me.

AllZWay
06-08-2009, 11:18 AM
Martin is out. Ever since we fixed my car, his has had a serious handling issue. Poor guy! Anyway, I have pit stalls 11 & 12, if anyone wants to share with me.

Misty...I would share one with you.

Hood
06-08-2009, 11:45 AM

Does that mean your stacker has an open hole?

Fbody383
06-08-2009, 02:39 PM

I'm just looking for a weekend home.

Rob Liebbe
06-08-2009, 02:45 PM
Did Pedersen ever find a ride to Hallet?

RichardP
06-08-2009, 04:09 PM
Did Pedersen ever find a ride to Hallet?

I've gotten several offers (this group is great) but haven't gotten around to making any plans yet. Yea, I know that's weird for this massively anal-retentive dude but I'm trying to loosen up a bit.

Your offer of a Friday morning departure in the leisure mobile sounds pretty good, though. That's probably what I'll do if the seat is still open...

Richard P.

rpoz27
06-08-2009, 06:41 PM

Does that mean your stacker has an open hole?

Sorry, Gary! Was gonna borrow a Houston friend's stacker and truck, if Martin's car went, and suffer through the 70mph max that the combo will do. Instead, I'm just gonna take the single car trailer that I have here and cruise at 85mph with the V1 on.

rpoz27
06-08-2009, 06:43 PM

It is yours!

Mason
06-08-2009, 09:48 PM
Glenn,

YES

Team Downunder is in. Daron sent in registration today.

Hood
06-09-2009, 07:07 AM
Ok Glenn,

I've exhausted all possible scenarios to get to Hallet this year. Y'all have a great time and I'll catch ya on the flip. All I ask is that you bring back good video and stories!

GlennCMC70
06-09-2009, 07:44 AM
Ok Glenn,

I've exhausted all possible scenarios to get to Hallet this year. Y'all have a great time and I'll catch ya on the flip. All I ask is that you bring back good video and stories!

whats keeping you from getting there?

AllZWay
06-09-2009, 10:51 AM

It is yours!

Yee haww... I won the raceport lottery. :D

BTW... What does it cost? So that I bring enough cash to pay.

Hood
06-09-2009, 12:38 PM
Ok Glenn,

whats keeping you from getting there?

Mainly fuel cost for the trip. (excess of $500)

I guess there is also the fear that the rearend may be done before the weekend is...

I found a 10 bolt over in Somerville that I need to check on tonight... still could happen but very unlikely.

rpoz27
06-09-2009, 10:35 PM

It is yours!

Yee haww... I won the raceport lottery. :D

BTW... What does it cost? So that I bring enough cash to pay.

Ummm...I forget. I reserved it 1.5 mths ago. I'll call Connie tomorrow.

Todd Covini
06-09-2009, 11:53 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry:
Once again, the Hallett Curse has gotten me and another year will go by that I'll miss my first Hallett experience.

Major life events at home & at work are going to prohibit me from going this weekend. My wife has been battling breast cancer this year and after a few surgeries and a few chemo treatments, it's really kicking her butt now. We found it early and doctors say that she'll be a cancer survivor, but we just need to get thru this month.

Tomorrow she goes in for another Chemo treatment. She's a strong lady, and a few months ago we thought everything would still be good for a Hallett vacation...but...my name's Covini, not Houdini....I can't pull this one off.

Sooo....
a) Keep us in your thoughts & prayers.
b) Say hi to JWL, Dave and the RM Boys.
c) Strive for a Fun, Drama-Less Hallett event
d) Don't run out on track to talk to other racers while they are competing
e) Drink, Drive & BBQ with fervor...but not in that order
f) Take lots of pictures, videos and GROUP PHOTOS!!!
g) Bring your cars home in the same running condition you take them up there in!!! (No blown motors, blown trannys, blown tires, blown fenders or doors)

....I'll be back soon.

-=- Todd

Waco Racer
06-10-2009, 07:58 AM
We're praying for y'all. Talk to you soon.

AllZWay
06-10-2009, 08:02 AM
WOW Todd... I had no idea. I am really sad to hear about your wife. Some close friends locally have been going through the same thing and the emotional toll alone on the family has been enormous. :(

Al Fernandez
06-10-2009, 09:00 AM
We'll miss you Todd. Best wishes for Sheryl.

Wirtz
06-10-2009, 09:21 AM
Sorry to hear the news Todd, but will be keeping a thought for you guys.

Jeff

David Love AI27
06-10-2009, 11:55 AM
[quote="Todd Covini.

Tomorrow she goes in for another Chemo treatment. She's a strong lady,
....I'll be back soon.

-=- Todd[/quote]

Hope she stays strong and fights hard!!! Let her know there is lots of support and prayers going her way...

Fbody383
06-10-2009, 12:48 PM
Sooo....
Keep us in your thoughts & prayers.

....I'll be back soon.

Done; and, we know.

First things first.

Chuck
06-10-2009, 09:07 PM
Todd,
We will keep you and your wife in our thoughts.

I am out for Hallett. Can not get the time off work. Hope everyone has fun! Best of luck!

Chuck
CMC#14