PDA

View Full Version : 4.6 2valve Twisted Wedge heads

edrock96GT
06-07-2009, 06:03 PM
Any 2v mod motor guys check these out yet? Been thinking about replacing my old worn out heads with them.

http://www.trickflow.com/pressreleases/TwistedWedgeHeads/

AI#97
06-08-2009, 12:58 AM
Any 2v mod motor guys check these out yet? Been thinking about replacing my old worn out heads with them.

http://www.trickflow.com/pressreleases/TwistedWedgeHeads/

I was going to get a set from them for free to test in a road race situation. When they told me the origin of the valves, I passed. I wasn't going to put a $6000 shortblock up for potential scrapping to test their heads for them. Also, they are delayed yet again for a few more months... Personally, they aren't needed unless you are trying to get over 360rwhp with a small cam profile. you can make 330/350 on the same heads I have.

I would wait till they have been out for a while and make sure the springs and valves don't start breaking. I also have a hookup on them once they prove themselves. If you are looking for something to tie you over, call HPP in Lewisville and send them your stockers. For about $700 and about 14 days, they do a fantastic port match and polish on the 2V PI heads. I have them on my car.

edrock96GT
06-08-2009, 07:12 PM
Thanks for the info Matt! I'm not in a huge hurry since I won't see my car again untill November, but I have put new heads on my "to do" list since the current heads have been warped (overheated) and cut , but the top still has the warp and is flexing the camshafts.

That's good to know about the valves, hopefully they will have everything ironed out before I get home.

AI#97
06-08-2009, 11:44 PM
Thanks for the info Matt! I'm not in a huge hurry since I won't see my car again untill November, but I have put new heads on my "to do" list since the current heads have been warped (overheated) and cut , but the top still has the warp and is flexing the camshafts.

That's good to know about the valves, hopefully they will have everything ironed out before I get home.

BTW, PM Michael Mosty for a part number for a traditional radiator that works and uses a regular cap and catch can....Summit and 180 bucks.

If you got any other questions, feel free to ask. Good to see ANOTHER mod motor car in AI soon!

marshall_mosty
06-08-2009, 11:53 PM
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=GRI%2D1%2D26272%2DX&N=700+0&autoview=sku

$179.95

Jeremy Gunter
06-09-2009, 12:27 AM
It's a great deal on a good radiator!

edrock96GT
06-09-2009, 12:34 AM
Oh, don't worry, I tossed the stock radiator after that fun time :roll: . Replaced it with a Fluidyne and have had no problems since. It's also getting a remote reservoir to make way for a hood vent along with an air box.

Matt- I do want to replace the thermostat and was thinking of going with a washer or one of those fancy inserts from one of the circle jerk (I mean track) sites. I was wondering if you (or anyone) had messed with this and can recommend an inner diameter to start with.

Looking forward to bringing ANOTHER mod motor car to AI soon! :D

AI#97
06-09-2009, 12:43 AM
Matt- I do want to replace the thermostat and was thinking of going with a washer or one of those fancy inserts from one of the circle jerk (I mean track) sites. I was wondering if you (or anyone) had messed with this and can recommend an inner diameter to start with.

I am currently running the stock t-stat and just "gutted". only the main ring is there and seems to be working fine. Just started using this last event and so far so good.