PDA

View Full Version : Hallet non-media

Al Fernandez
06-16-2009, 11:04 AM
That was without a doubt one of the best racing weekends I have ever had!! Tremendous thanks are in order:
Dave and the rest of the RM caterers...you put on one hell of a dinner
Tommy and the rest of the RM bartenders...bull and vodka, I'm a convert
Chris...your help in handling our one serious incident was tremendous
James...the points leader taking time out of his session to show the guy in 2nd place how to get around a track...you are a true class act

It cant go without saying...the reason this weekend was so fantastic is because of all of the people that showed up from as far as 11hrs away. It was just awesome to meet all the characters I'm used to seeing online.

The racing itself was SO close and SO fast I'm just now easing off my adrenaline high.

There is some work ahead for NASA, but the foundation is there to make this a huge crossover event for other classes as well. Summer Shootout!!!

Rob Liebbe
06-16-2009, 11:10 AM
The adrenaline has worn off - I'm beat!!! Off to a three day trek through the Florida heat and humidity this week ought to refresh me. :roll:

RagingAardvark
06-16-2009, 12:59 PM
I posted this over on our board, but wanted to make sure you Texas boys saw it too!! ;)

Big thanks to everyone who made this weekend so fun: all the racers for throwing down and racing HARD, the officials and workers, everyone who brought stuff for the cookout and who told us they loved Beth's dessert or chili..and especially:

Dave and Revkah - love you both

Ken and Chris - brothers in RM CMC Arms, and providers of tools, flat pavement, and small bits to get the car running again and keep the headlight pods from coming off while racing

Scott & Vicki for being your always supportive selves, even if Beth didn't have an air filter for you to remove this year

Ray for the battery charger so we could actually drive the RV

Rick for giving Beth so much insight, complete with running through the paddock to catch me (on my bike) so I could tell Beth what turns were really slippery before she went back out. You rock, Rick!

and for the Texas bunch:
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii135/Catwoman10102/Thank%20You/WhiteCat.gif
Wurtz for letting some stranger come over and paw all over your car. Wish our mechanic Mike was there to see it! :)

Tracey in HPDE for coming over and telling us how much fun he had driving with us last year, and how excited he was to see Beth moved up to CMC this year.

Glenn and Mitch - for helping out a RM rookie driver so much, being so supportive, and also for offering any assistance we needed pretty much as soon as we arrived! You are both class acts!

Michael - for deciding to help Beth learn the track when your R1 was cut short, rather than still trying to move back up a few spots. That's amazing!

and a big thank you to all the other Texas racers who helped us out, I'm so bad with names!! :oops:

I'm still blown away by the kindness, support, and generosity of the Texas group! Beth and I both can't wait to come back next year!

BTW, Beth would love to get some of your in-car footage for use in a video! If you have access to it (in a good form for use in our video editing software), send me a PM and I'll send you FTP instructions for her site :)

AllZWay
06-16-2009, 01:15 PM
It definitely is back to reality now. Work..work...chase kids and the youngest softball games...etc.etc..

Big thanks to Jerry Jordan for loaning me his high power battery charger....it helped keep my crapper running all weekend.

Thanks to Misty for sharing her space and loaning me a few tools over the weekend....and also putting up with me for the weekend.

Fun racing from the back of the pack...although very wild from back there.

Unfortunately, I didn't run any camera since I was stressed just to get my car ready each session.

Al my pleasure and as usual, it is always fun racing with you buddy.

Awesome food from by the RM crew and fun entertainment.

It was nice meeting some new faces this year that I see online.

rpoz27
06-16-2009, 01:47 PM
We made it back late last night and I decided work could be put off a bit more today.

Thank you to everyone for all the help this weekend. Most of you loaned me tools at some point. JB - I have your 3/4 and will bring it to TWS. I'll never forget Glenn jumping on my splitter to straighten it. He looked like an overgrown kid. (BTW, Neil is rebuilding it all this week and cutting spares. Just in case.)

Proctor - you are welcome to share anytime. Thanks for being my fuel man this weekend.

Mitch - Thanks again for not t-boning me! Liebbe - Thanks for not rear ending me!

And, most especially, a huge thanks to all the RM guys for all the food and fun on Saturday night.

This weekend was some of the most fun I have had. I'm looking forward to TWS in August. I dyno on Friday so I'll actually be legal in AI. Hehe, my next 2 events are both CW. Gotta give myself a chance....

Fbody383
06-16-2009, 04:33 PM
Got logbook
Apparently still need to learn Figures 7 and 8
Coil failed
Power steering pump puked
Car ran hot
Still no reverse
Clutch switch failed
Wiring harness splice failed
Car drove better
Qual'd 4th CMC in the wet
Pushed the car off the trailer into the garage

When's the next event?

Big thanks to Ross for navigating and Team Jordan for the couch; sleeping and counseling.

jeffburch
06-16-2009, 05:50 PM
Practice- flat spot another 888. More like "steeled" it.
It was down past the steel belt. :roll:
Spacer stuck to wheel and didn't notice until Tues morn.
Ran rest of w'end without it. Geez.
R1- 2nd
R2- Lap 3 (or so) Turn 3, loose exhaust from 13 car wedges under my car and damages my Y-pipe where it crosses under the oil pan.
I run charity race to see if there are any ill effects. None.
Charity race- Had fun dicing with and filming Jason Love.

R3- Lap 3 or so on the back straight I lose either tranny or clutch.
I was done.

jb

David Love AI27
06-16-2009, 06:17 PM
Friday:

loaded the truck, pulled the tarp off the 27 car (never touched since last event), left in time to get to Hallett by 10:00, hit Dallas at 4ish and was caught in Friday rush hour, north of Dallas get behind convoy of wind generator blades @ some construction at Graingerland, nother delay, call Connie at Hallett and request help for late arrival said she would leave gate unlocked, slowed by more construction and missed exit to turnpike get to Hallett just after 11:30... someone was driving away from the gate after making sure it was locked... jacked up the car on the trailer and pulled rear wheels to check brake pads hang the broken exhaust while it is in the air... crawl through fence with air matresses and bunk up in garage "B".....

Saturday:

Wake up to chicken song and walk to gate and get truck. Register, decide to let Jason run HPDE 1, 2, 3 & 4/Racecraft/TT on Sat. so he would have a better chance racing on Sunday... sessions are back to back (that sucked)

Practice: I practiced
Qual: I Qualed
R1: Finished
R2 Finished

Sat. Evening:
Entered the 27 car and the 718 car in the fun run... had a blast watching
Ate, drank and was merry, Thanks to all, especially the RM guys and gals... got bored so I painted the ground effects on the car

Sunday:

Jason ran, I was crew chief (basically I f'ed off)

Qual: Jason Qualed
R3: Jason was a human pinball for 20 min and ran out of fuel... was towed in and immediately fired his crew chief

Left @ 2 and headed to Hot Springs (another thread)

Thanks again to everyone, it was a great relief to get away from dealing with Dad's Estate and Mary's attempted suicide...

roadracerwhite
06-16-2009, 06:37 PM
A big thanks to everyone that made this event possible. Lets do it again next year!

Great racing! That was the most fun I have had since I started racingg a few years ago.

Great meeting everyone from Texas and the Rocky Mountain region.

Got home at 3am, and woke up Monday morning to a flat front tire on the truck(bad valve stem). Amazing that it waited until we got home to do that.

Bryan

Rob Liebbe
06-16-2009, 09:36 PM
Speaking of valve stems - Al Fernandez had one on his trailer but was spotted by an Eagle-eyed fellow CMC racer before any trouble. There was a very large batch of valve stems from China a while back (2006) from a company named Dill Air Control Products. The valve stems will crack around the base and leak are when they bend over while running down the road. They will leak while driving, but not while sitting. Check your vehicles, trailers etc. and as always keep an eye on your tires.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/recalls/results.cfm?rcl_id=08T028000&searchtype=quicksearch&summary=true&refurl=rss

Be safe.

JasonLiiR
06-16-2009, 09:51 PM
As soon as Discount Tire heard of the defect last year or so the company sent out millions of letters to let people know so we could get as many off the streets as possible to avoid the valves having the chance to go bad. DTC also switched to the Schrader valve manufacturer.

michaelmosty
06-16-2009, 10:22 PM
As soon as Discount Tire heard of the defect last year or so the company sent out millions of letters to let people know so we could get as many off the streets as possible to avoid the valves having the chance to go bad. DTC also switched to the Schrader valve manufacturer.
I got that notice in the mail but had gone through my set of tires before I received the letter. :oops:

Jeremy Gunter
06-17-2009, 12:19 AM
I need to check this on my RA1 tire that keeps going flat...

Jerry/Jay? How long have those tires been mounted?

Alien
06-17-2009, 08:20 AM
Great weekend! Camping in the tent wasn't all that bad. Thanks for all the offers for fans (I think at least 3 people offered a fan and an extension cord!) but it ended up being nice and cool during the nights.

R1 - Had fun playing wik the RM boys. Got a long brake pedal halfway thru. Took it easy for a lap or so til it came back. Chased down Dave B, passed him, then promtly spun at 3.

Bled brakes.

R2 - After a few laps, started to have the same issues I had in R4 at TWS. This time it was consistant in that it would only sputter on the righthand turns. Got really bad in the bitch, dived into the pits to end the race early. Died in the paddock. Big thanks to Steve for directing me to find the problem (chaffed fuel pump relay signal wire)

Used half a roll of electrical tape

Great Saturday night! Good food, good entertainment! I'll echo the thanks to the RM guys!

R3 - Halfway thru, bad popping, lack of power, thought maybe another timing issue. Babied it to finish and got a great vantage point of Wirtz and Glenn in the final few corners. Big thanks to David Love to point out a missing AIR plug on the exhaust manifold. Big thanks to JB for giving me one of his spares.

Screwed in a plug.

R4 - Had more fun wik the RM and Bryan White. My funnest race to date!

Drove onto trailer.

Drove straight home Sunday, got there at 2am. Still took Monday off work! :D

Alien
06-17-2009, 08:25 AM
Speaking of valve stems - Al Fernandez had one on his trailer but was spotted by an Eagle-eyed fellow CMC racer before any trouble.
Sure it wasn't cut down by the close and aggressive maneuvers of that #5 car?

Fbody383
06-17-2009, 10:00 AM
Drove onto trailer.

Braggart.

AI#97
06-17-2009, 03:26 PM
Great weekend! Camping in the tent wasn't all that bad. Thanks for all the offers for fans (I think at least 3 people offered a fan and an extension cord!) but it ended up being nice and cool during the nights.

Fans are for pussies. After a few boudy margaritas, concrete, a sleeping bag and a carport works just fine!! LOL!

Al Fernandez
06-17-2009, 03:35 PM
Aggressive? I was cute and cuddly all weekend!! Gentle as a lamb I was! Just ask Steve about how politely I passed him coming out of 3. Or ask Mitch how I held the door open for him like a gentleman when we went through 9 (or 10, whatever the last turn is) :lol:

Alien
06-17-2009, 04:56 PM
My bad, thought the #5 car was at fault for the contact. Guess it was acutally the trailer to blame? :oops:

I need to brush up on Figure 13 & 14!

MikeP99Z
06-17-2009, 05:30 PM
Al filled out a contact form and submitted it to himself. Then yelled at his dad for not filling one out... :lol:

mitchntx
06-17-2009, 05:44 PM
Or ask Mitch how I held the door open for him like a gentleman when we went through 9 (or 10, whatever the last turn is) :lol:

It was T11

And the "gentlemanly" thing came after slamming that very same door in T1 through 10 in laps 5 through 10.

Waco Racer
06-17-2009, 06:54 PM
Al filled out a contact form and submitted it to himself. Then yelled at his dad for not filling one out... :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tommy55
06-18-2009, 09:05 AM
Thanks everyone for the greeat weekend. Papa Mike and I had a blast.
Mike Patterson... very nice to meet you. Some of the best racing i have had door to door.
Hallett is now a traditional race and we wouldn't miss it for the world. We definately feel we are all one big family when we go down there. It is by far our best race weekend.
Boudy, Thanks for the entertainment and cool refreshing cocktails. Class act.
MFW, be afraid.....be very afraid. The chicken is coming.
Al, careful with those redbull and vodka's....they sneak up on you.
Jeff,Mitch,Glen,Boudy,James,Brian,Michael,Corey,Li sa,Dave,MFW,Frank,Al,and the rest of the gang..... a pleasure as always. We sure would like to thank you for all your hospitality and putting up with us oxygen challenged rednecks.

See you at Nationals
Tommy

raybob9289
06-19-2009, 08:04 AM
I forgot to post over here!

I have to thank all my AI/CMC freinds for helpin me get there for the 4th annual Hallet race weekend.
Thanks
1.) Dave Balingit for comin to the shop and makin sure I went.
2.) Tommy for keepin me employed and helpin me with some tires. & Poppa Mike for the great chow.
3.) Scott Koerner for gettin me an LS1 P.S. pump and Res. and Ryan for the optima battery.
4.) Cody Powell for crewin for me and workin his magic on my front end alignment.
5.) All my Texas amigo's for bein a f*ckin hoot to race with. special thanks to Doctor Proctor for the brake fluid.
6.) Sidney Franklin and his merry bunch of Chicken Racers Bob Denton & Brian White for comin down to hang out with us.
AI/CMC is my family and I'm greatful they are there fore me.
And I almost forgot Beth and her bringin a pigtail sister presence to the brotherhood!!!

Thanks Dudes, We'll see ya next year or maybe in Utah??