PDA

View Full Version : LiiR Hallett report

David Love AI27
06-16-2009, 01:13 PM
I hope to have an extended report in the next couple of days but for now I want to comment on "our" contact... First off myself and the directors have discussed "holding your line" with Jason. This was his first event on a reasonably tight track with lots of traffic.

Wirts, Jason was not trying to push you out at the start, he just kinda wandered over there... he was over whelmed with the mad rush at the start and didn't even know you "rubbed"...

Bryan and Mitch, thanks for the initiation... three wide with a Hallett Rookie... What did you expect??? just kidding... I expect better and the rest of you should too... Jason was very upset about the contact and was going to come in at the end of the lap... I'm glad he stayed out...

Al and Glenn, thanks for the "how to fix the problem" talk with Jason and for not being to harsh... He beat himself up during the race and immediately afterwards... He is very aware of his "probation" status and I believe that he will show you that your system works...

Thanks to all involved, I tried to stay out of it as much as a father/teammate could be expexted...

Wirtz
06-16-2009, 01:20 PM
I have no issues with Jason from the Hallett weekend. I don't know all the details from the weekend, but from what I saw I think he did a good job. As we all know, the Hallett weekend is a tough one for any of our drivers. Getting through it will make us all better racers.

Jeff
- When's TWS? I'm ready!

Al Fernandez
06-16-2009, 03:17 PM
Speaking of which...Bryan, you owe me (and therefore Clifton since he gets it afterwards) a body contact form.

BryanL
06-16-2009, 08:46 PM
Other than being knocked out of a fun race I'm not upset. It was my first real contact, too. I know Jason feels bad about it. He handled the situation like a man. Both he and his Dad were very distraught and kindly offered to help in any way. We are all okay which is the main thing and should just learn from it.
It was definitely like being in a pack of swarming killer bees at the starts. After seeing JJ's video it wasn't quite 3 wide like I thought.

Al-Glenn could have my contact form, but I will check.

And Jason-don't worry, I won't harp on you for hitting like Francis does about Glenn. The only thing I will say is this line which is from a song that only you may know?? Changing the first word.
"Love hit hard like Kimbo Slice" Anybody ever heard that line in a song and know the name of the song?

mitchntx
06-16-2009, 08:55 PM
And probably the reason Jason and I had contact at all was because I lifted and hesitated after seeing the contact. But I was committed and then nailed it hard trying to get through.

Jason, no worries from the Warren Motorsports Camp.

You were obviously upset when you came to talk with me as was Chris with me.

Contact is not acceptable in any form, from where I sit. But it does happen. Sometimes you can honestly think you are driving along and minding your own business and BAM! outa no where.

It happens.

But the true test is what happens in the pits. I hope you noted the added respect you got for coming around and doing the right thing. For me, that's more important than the finishing order ...

GlennCMC70
06-16-2009, 09:11 PM
Other than being knocked out of a fun race I'm not upset. It was my first real contact, too. I know Jason feels bad about it. He handled the situation like a man. Both he and his Dad were very distraught and kindly offered to help in any way. We are all okay which is the main thing and should just learn from it.
It was definitely like being in a pack of swarming killer bees at the starts. After seeing JJ's video it wasn't quite 3 wide like I thought.

Al-Glenn could have my contact form, but I will check.

And Jason-don't worry, I won't harp on you for hitting like Francis does about Glenn. The only thing I will say is this line which is from a song that only you may know?? Changing the first word.
"Love hit hard like Kimbo Slice" Anybody ever heard that line in a song and know the name of the song?

http://www.allyrics.net/d/17239/Dorrough-lyrics/220711/Ice_Cream_Paint_Job/index.htm

BryanL
06-16-2009, 09:23 PM
I'm impressed Glenn-had no idea you listened to any rap. You definitely earned a Bud Light. Its probably the best rap song out right now as hip hop is in a down faze.

Mitch-I guess I know what you mean. I was kind of like-whoa what happened. Seemed like a pretty hard hit from a side by side and surprised there wasn't more damage.
But you are right-Jason has the right attitude. Spent 30 minutes looking for me to bring me a contact form. His dad came down again to my pit to check on me, the car, and offer any help.
Than Jason PM's me last night begging to try and help.
Which seems way different than what happened with Mosty.

"I drive fast see call me Jeff Gordon"

ShadowBolt
06-16-2009, 09:32 PM
"I drive fast see call me Jeff Gordon"

Flesh Gordon

JasonLiiR
06-16-2009, 09:41 PM
I didn't realize any of you guys actually listened to rap. Not a big fan of that song, repeats the chorus to much for me. But after seeing the video I learned I definently need to work on staying calmer in traffic. I got very jumpy and worked up and made a mistake but I learned from it. It wasn't three wide as I thought either my mind played tricks on me. Just wanna apologize again.

MikeP99Z
06-16-2009, 09:42 PM
Sometimes you can honestly think you are driving along and minding your own business and BAM! outa no where.

something about kachow, hit by the man? Where have i read that before?

GlennCMC70
06-16-2009, 09:42 PM
I'm impressed Glenn-had no idea you listened to any rap. You definitely earned a Bud Light. Its probably the best rap song out right now as hip hop is in a down faze.

no Rap for me. Google is your friend.

BryanL
06-16-2009, 09:51 PM
[quote="JasonLiiR"] my mind played tricks on mequote]

"Last year, Halloween fell on a weekend, Me and Ghetto Boys were tricker treating"

Thats some great old school rap which is why I like Cream on the Inside. Sounds primitive like it was recorded in a shower. Now I like you even more that you know the song.

Jerry-was that your stage name back in your younger days??

JasonLiiR
06-16-2009, 09:59 PM
I'm a Fat Pat fan myself. There's also a song called Damn it Feels good to be a Gangster out of the movie Office Space which is good and old school sounding.

ShadowBolt
06-16-2009, 10:06 PM
Jerry-was that your stage name back in your younger days??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flesh_Gordon

jeffburch
06-16-2009, 10:16 PM
Do you know why rappers don't play instruments?
Because they're too busy playing with "this" <grabs crotch>

jb

michaelmosty
06-16-2009, 10:27 PM
Dang, I don't even know where to comment on this rap talk. I'll just keep stackin my papers and go on wit my day. :lol:

Rsmith350
06-16-2009, 10:28 PM
Do you know why rappers don't play instruments?
Because they're too busy playing with "this" <grabs crotch>

jb

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

AI#97
06-16-2009, 10:32 PM
which is why I like Cream on the Inside.

Quote of the day?!

David Love AI27
06-16-2009, 11:01 PM
http://www.allyrics.net/d/17239/Dorrough-lyrics/220711/Ice_Cream_Paint_Job/index.htm

I checked out the video on utube... the singer talks about drivin' a chevy but it is a Cutlass... Jason has a Cutlass 'vert similar to the one in the video... we need to line up all the cars in the Love/Whitaker family...

7 at my house (Truck, 2 camaros, toyota, Tbird SC, Monte Carlo, Bus)
2 in the shop (Mustang Trooper car, Mini)
1 out on loan (Neon)
4 at the Whitakers (89 Mustang GT 'vert, F150, Jeep CJ, Expidition)
1 in a storage building (72 Cutlass Supreme 'Vert)
1 at Jasons (F150)

16 Autos, 4 drivers

Jeremy Gunter
06-17-2009, 12:17 AM

I checked out the video on utube... the singer talks about drivin' a chevy but it is a Cutlass... Jason has a Cutlass 'vert similar to the one in the video... we need to line up all the cars in the Love/Whitaker family...

1 out on loan (Neon)
1 at Jasons (F150)

16 Autos, 4 drivers

Obama's gunna have your ass for that

michaelmosty
06-17-2009, 12:55 AM
I had a 72 Cutlass Supreme in high school. 2-door w/ 455 and a turbo 400 auto, w/ power everything. They called it the bankers hot rod.
It ran a 14.60 @ Ennis but I thought it was the best car ever.
I didn't know shit back then. It had a torker intake that was rated to 6500 and the motor didn't pull past 5000.
It reminds me of my days when I started here and didn't know anything about Mustangs. :P

David Love AI27
06-17-2009, 08:23 AM
I had a 72 Cutlass Supreme in high school. 2-door w/ 455 and a turbo 400 auto, w/ power everything. They called it the bankers hot rod.

THATS IT!!

Fbody383
06-17-2009, 10:05 AM
Sometimes you can honestly think you are driving along and minding your own business and BAM! outa no where.

Glenn is my friend, Glenn is my friend, Glenn is my friend, Glenn is my friend, Glenn is my friend, Glenn is my friend, Glenn is my friend, Glenn is my friend, Glenn is my friend, Glenn is my friend, Glenn is my friend, Glenn is my friend, Glenn is my friend, Glenn is my friend, Glenn is my friend, Glenn is my friend, Glenn is my friend, Glenn is my friend, Glenn is my friend...

And (unfortunately) I know how to fill out a contact form. I just need to get faster to stay out of the way.

GlennCMC70
06-17-2009, 12:01 PM

Glenn is my friend, Glenn is my friend, Glenn is my friend, Glenn is my friend, Glenn is my friend, Glenn is my friend, Glenn is my friend, Glenn is my friend, Glenn is my friend, Glenn is my friend, Glenn is my friend, Glenn is my friend, Glenn is my friend, Glenn is my friend, Glenn is my friend, Glenn is my friend, Glenn is my friend, Glenn is my friend, Glenn is my friend...

And (unfortunately) I know how to fill out a contact form. I just need to get faster to stay out of the way.

lets see...... i didnt hit my tow rig w/ my racecar nor did i hit my racecar w/ my tow rig, right David and Al? :P

mitchntx
06-17-2009, 12:33 PM
lets see...... i didnt hit my tow rig w/ my racecar nor did i hit my racecar w/ my tow rig, right David and Al? :P

Wow ... that'll leave a scar.

AI#97
06-17-2009, 03:23 PM

1 out on loan (Neon)
1 at Jasons (F150)

16 Autos, 4 drivers

Obama's gunna have your ass for that

Yeah,but he has a school bus that makes up for it!

Al Fernandez
06-17-2009, 03:40 PM
I didnt hit my car, I was trying to smooth the wrinkles James and Mitch left. 8)

Fbody383
06-17-2009, 04:22 PM

it wasn't a hit, it was a rub... i was making sure the FRONT bumper cover was still well attached.