PDA

View Full Version : street car quality paint

Al Fernandez
06-17-2009, 03:43 PM
So you guys know my dad took off with the motorhome and my mustang and backed one into the other. (yes, apparently its hereditary). I got a ricockolous quote from the local body shop, which aint getting the work. SO...

Anyone have experience with pre-painted body panels from the likes of Pershing, D&H Auto, Wholesale Parts Unlimited?

Anyone have any thoughts as to what a shop would charge to spray a hood and fender if I brought the car to their shop with the new hood/fender already installed?

Wirtz
06-17-2009, 05:33 PM
I noticed Team Love painted a car at Hallett... Give them a shout ;)

Rsmith350
06-17-2009, 07:15 PM
Call Pinnacle Auto body, talk to Marty, tell him I referred you.

832-484-8888

David Love AI27
06-18-2009, 11:11 AM
I noticed Team Love painted a car at Hallett... Give them a shout ;)

LiiR = "will paint for alcohol"

Al, did you check with Johnny Bang called Johnny Bangs Bang and Bump Shop in Hufsmith? Ask for Glenn, use my name

Todd Covini
06-18-2009, 12:50 PM
Call my buddy Billy in Spring. You tell him the price you have in mind and he'll tell you what he can do for that. Very reasonable and awesome work.

Al Fernandez
06-18-2009, 04:23 PM
Is Billy the guy that straightened the frame on the ranchero? :?

Todd Covini
06-18-2009, 09:42 PM
No....that was Rob's buddy...good shop, but they were going thru some technicians and supervisors at the time.

Billy runs a small media blasting shop and is an ex-dealership mechanic/bodyman with a crew of laborers who pump out some amazing stuff.

He does all of George Foreman's blast/prepping and is very meticulous. He'll tell you up front if what he can do and for what price. Time is money...want to pay a little, he won't spend a lot of time on it and get it done. Want it perfect and show car quality, he'll take the time and it'll be better than OEM.

He'll be doing CMC2 over when the time comes...call me for his #. I think I brought you by the shop one time. (Rob & Eric know him.)

-=- Todd