PDA

View Full Version : very interesting tire news

Al Fernandez
06-22-2009, 07:52 AM
http://www.scca.com/newsarticle.aspx?hub=1&news=3661

SCCA Spec Miata going back to RA1s next year.

AllZWay
06-22-2009, 07:57 AM
I sure wonder what our plan is for next year.

jeffburch
06-22-2009, 08:01 AM
Even tho I'm stuck with a hellava lot of the 8's :roll: , my pain would subside if we went back to the 1's.
Permanently.
Then we agree to never mention them again :wink:

jb

Rob Liebbe
06-22-2009, 08:04 AM
Who do we lobby to change this for us? A serious push should be started right now.

ShadowBolt
06-22-2009, 08:31 AM
Even tho I'm stuck with a hellava lot of the 8's :roll: , my pain would subside if we went back to the 1's.
Permanently.
Then we agree to never mention them again :wink:

jb

Maybe we could all try and help the owners of 888's to sell them to track day guys. Even if they suck they would be way better than going through your street tires in one weekend.

JJ

ShadowBolt
06-22-2009, 09:17 AM
Who do we lobby to change this for us? A serious push should be started right now.

Anyone know a SCCA Spec Miata driver that we could talk to and find out what it took to get to go back to the RA1? I know I read that they were going through a set of 888's in less than a weekend!

JJ

Rob Liebbe
06-22-2009, 10:24 AM
I just talked to one of the Spec Miata builders/racers. They started a letter writing campaign to SCCA complaining about the tires. Same general complaints we have with the 888's - poor performance over time, very poor durability, high cost due to low durability, etc. The estimate was that Spec Miata participation was down 25% due to tire issues specifically.

So, Al, where do we send our letters. I know that NASA has access to these forums, but a more direct approach seems in order.

GlennCMC70
06-22-2009, 10:36 AM
Toyo should buy back any un-used R888's or trade straight up for RA1's. i have a stack of Toyo bucks i need to send in. i guess i'll get more R888's, but i would rather have RA1's.

AI#97
06-22-2009, 10:54 AM
You guys should have talked to JWL while he was at Hallett...

Daron spoke with him about it and I believe the push is " no R888's in 2010". The story was NASA has requested Toyo to build RA1's in our spec sizes only....or else. This confirms a rumor I heard from Appalacian tire a few weeks ago....I would feel VERY comfortable buying RA1's right now!

Call Tommy for your RA1 needs!

AllZWay
06-22-2009, 11:04 AM
I don't mind if they go back to RA1's, just allow me to run my 888's as rain tires next year.

Al Fernandez
06-22-2009, 11:24 AM
When I talked to JWL last weekend, here is what he said about tires:

1) Toyo contract w/NASA expires at the end of the year and negotiations are starting next week (which was of course last week)
2) Other companies have expressed the desire to replace Toyo as NASA's spec tire supplier, but NASA is very happy with their relationship w/Toyo and therefore is giving them first crack.
3) NASA's goal is to have the contract and 2010 tire rules settled by the end of the summer.

Thats as official as its going to get. He didnt give me any other details.

I would agree wholeheartedly that NASA needs to know how you guys feel. I encourage all of you to write a polite and honest email to the guys with the decision making power. Grass roots lobbying, just like the NRA 8)

Jerry Kunzman: jerry@drivenasa.com
John Lindsey: jlindsey@drivenasa.com
Ryan Flaherty: socalinfo@drivenasa.com

AI#97
06-22-2009, 12:46 PM
I would agree wholeheartedly that NASA needs to know how you guys feel. I encourage all of you to write a polite and honest email to the guys with the decision making power. Grass roots lobbying, just like the NRA 8)

Jerry Kunzman: jerry@drivenasa.com
John Lindsey: jlindsey@drivenasa.com
Ryan Flaherty: socalinfo@drivenasa.com

Yep. Also keep in mind there aren't that many alternatives out there for our series. For us, we need a supplier than can do a dry and rain tire. The only alternatives out there right now are Toyo, Hoosier and most recently, Kumho with the W710 wet tire. Hoosier and Kumho are in the $250 to $280 range for a 275/40/17. If Toyo can restart production of the RA1 and remain at that $190 to 210 price point, I think we would all be ecstatic! The rest of the "DOT" spec tires do not have a rain option so hopefully, Toyo/NASA come to the agreement we all want!

If that doesn't happen, Hoosier seems to be the next best bet, however, would have to expand on their contingency program to go deeper into the finishing order than just 1st and second place.

Anyway, it appears NASA national is working on the problem and trying to keep us off the R888's....which I am all for!!!!

Wirtz
06-22-2009, 01:45 PM
I'm not so sure those are the only options. I have not researched it at all, but I know that in the SCCA solo scene, there has been a big push lately back to true street tire classes. Alot of good high performance tires are out there. Now, I'm not sure if they would hold up to 20 to 45 minutes of wheel to wheel, but point is there might be other options. Now that I think on it a bit, I remember putting a street Kumho MX on my C4 and tracking the heck out of it at TWS many years back. It chunked it a bit, but it held up ok, and that was at full molded depth. As for dry vs wet versions, I think that is just mainly a shave job. I don't buy it from ANY tire maker that their tire is ready to race at molded depth unless they happen to be molding at 3/32...

jeffburch
06-22-2009, 02:19 PM
My biggest gripe is why change from perfection?
WHY!
Unless, you had something better.

Our heavy cars are gonna slide the tire no matter what.

Oh and the carcuss stiffness. I could live with the tire if it wasn't for this.
OBTW, that flat spotted tire I had on display was at 42psi when that happened. I didn't shoot a pic of it but it was entrely in the center of the tread regardless of the 4* neg camber.

Needing high pressures is bunk in my current thinking.

Kill me now.
jb

AI#97
06-22-2009, 03:05 PM
JW, I am sure you are right...there are other tires out there that could serve both dry/wet....but are more of a street tire that I don't think could hold up to what we do...or we would want to go to based on price/performance/bang for buck. I was purely going for a "DOT race" tire that was essentially same carcass and similar compound so we wouldn't have to completely change suspension settings to flip/flop rain and dry tires. Kumho seems to have done this on the W710 for a reason? BFG, Hankook and Yokohomo don't offer a wet option that I have seen.

JB, I have a picture of your modern artwork piece...at home.

I think we complained enough and NASA national finally listened and is moving forward towards what we would like to see happen....it's a matter of Toyo doing what we want.

It would be nice to see NASA national setup a poll of it's racers for input....if it's needed to sway Toyo to meet our needs. At this point, it's tough to tell if Toyo feels the pressure to meet our "demands".... Seeing the press release on Spec Miata leads me to believe we are going to like the outcome of this....I hope!!!

chris-CMC#35
06-22-2009, 06:29 PM
As Al and I talked to JWL, the clear factor that came through to me is that AI/CMC needs a spec tire/deal with a manufacturer who does a contingency program. I am VERY aware that a contingency deal only helps the people who place in the top 5 (assuming at least 5 starters) but nonetheless, we want to be sure that our spec tire comes with some kind of "rewards."

-chris

mitchntx
06-22-2009, 06:47 PM
As Al and I talked to JWL, the clear factor that came through to me is that AI/CMC needs a spec tire/deal with a manufacturer who does a contingency program. I am VERY aware that a contingency deal only helps the people who place in the top 5 (assuming at least 5 starters) but nonetheless, we want to be sure that our spec tire comes with some kind of "rewards."

-chris

I think the tire money races need to be spread out a little bit.

There are many who will never achieve the lap times that others will, be it because of talent or budget. At a true grassroots level, everyone needs a chance at the trough to keep the series alive.

Randomly and unannounced, make the Toyo race an invert. I know it won't be popular, especially in the Texas region. But it will keep many coming back if they feel as though they have a chance.

GlennCMC70
06-22-2009, 07:51 PM
why not pick a token 1st place finisher at random?
in short, i dont like that idea at all.

in both my girls T-ball/Coach Pitch ball the head coach hands out a game ball post game. each kid gets one by years end and no kid gets two.
are we playing T-ball?
are we here to race for the awards or to race to see who wins?

to add, Grassroots does not mean "pat little Jonny on the head and tell his doing great" when he's not but you say it cause he's doing the best he can.

jeffburch
06-22-2009, 08:20 PM
It's already "Special Olympics" racing enough as it is huh? :wink: :lol:

:idea: Make the second race of the day the contingency race? :shock:
With a provision, "If the pole winner wins the 1st race he goes to the front of the start of the 2nd race".
jb

BlueFirePony
06-22-2009, 08:56 PM

-chris

I think the tire money races need to be spread out a little bit.

There are many who will never achieve the lap times that others will, be it because of talent or budget. At a true grassroots level, everyone needs a chance at the trough to keep the series alive.

Randomly and unannounced, make the Toyo race an invert. I know it won't be popular, especially in the Texas region. But it will keep many coming back if they feel as though they have a chance.

I say leave the race contingency as it is but I would encourage the manufacturer to also offer a little something *meaningful* to *anyone* that sports their brand on their cars for a whole season - so guys like me that only make 1 race a year are SOL, but those that put the time in 6+ times a year, regardless of where they place, get something back. Not sure how the math would work out on that across the nation - would not want the race contingency to be watered down.

Fbody383
06-22-2009, 09:19 PM
to add, Grassroots does not mean "pat little Jonny on the head and tell his doing great" when he's not but you say it cause he's doing the best he can.

Nor does it mean that a guy like Love should go home empty handed a lot when he moves around classes to help a field MAKE numbers.

Ultimately I don't think my decision to race rests on whether or not I win Toyo bucks; don't get me wrong, when I earn them I'm not giving them back.

Maybe BFP is on to something, don't water down the racing contingency but have a separate "participation" contingency. Or not.

Let's race.

mitchntx
06-22-2009, 09:20 PM
especially in the Texas region.

I'm a prophet ...
:roll:

Who was it that said ... "you've had your time in the spot light. It's time to step back and let others have a chance"?

AI#97
06-22-2009, 09:53 PM
I think it would be cool if there are 10 cars that the Toyo Bucks pay out just as they do now, but every car that takes the green carrying Toyo's colors gets $25/per day. $50 a weekend isn't much, but would be nice.

I do know Hoosier's program has been pretty aggressive compared to Toyo's but honestly, if we could just carry on like it was 2008, I would be happy for sure.

michaelmosty
06-22-2009, 10:36 PM
Blah, blah, hoosier this and that.
The Hoosier contingency sounds great for the series that has 3 cars in it and everyone can get a set of tires after 3 or 4 events but that doesn't really fit the CMC mold. When Hoosier comes to the table and talks of a contingency that benefits 1/2 of our weekend field then I will listen.
The fact that you have to buy your Hoosier tires through an "authhorized contingency dealer" means you are already out of pocket $1,200 before things even get started.

"When" Toyo fixes this 888 / RA1 issue we will be back in good shape like we were last year! 8)

BTW, I picked CMC b/c of the competition. I could care less if Hoosier gave me a free set of tires every event. If I am racing against hacks in ST2 it wouldn't be worth it! :lol:

Jeremy Gunter
06-22-2009, 11:06 PM
I say lets k33p the 888s... I happen to like them, and I'm figuring them out... but then again, I don't know what the RA1s feel like... Screw it, lets race on futuras

AI#97
06-22-2009, 11:40 PM
The Hoosier contingency sounds great for the series that has 3 cars in it and everyone can get a set of tires after 3 or 4 events but that doesn't really fit the CMC mold. When Hoosier comes to the table and talks of a contingency that benefits 1/2 of our weekend field then I will listen.
The fact that you have to buy your Hoosier tires through an "authhorized contingency dealer" means you are already out of pocket $1,200 before things even get started.

"When" Toyo fixes this 888 / RA1 issue we will be back in good shape like we were last year! 8)

BTW, I picked CMC b/c of the competition. I could care less if Hoosier gave me a free set of tires every event. If I am racing against hacks in ST2 it wouldn't be worth it! :lol:

Damn Michael, nowhere did I say I wanted hoosiers...and given there are only a handful of shops that accept toyo bucks (they also sell hoosiers), how is that any different?

I sense the frustration of getting jerked around in this whole deal but I think we bitched enough and it worked....let's keep our fingers crossed!

David Love AI27
06-23-2009, 12:22 AM

Nor does it mean that a guy like Love should go home empty handed a lot when he moves around classes to help a field MAKE numbers.

I agree with Glenn, we are all adults and know what we are getting into when we signed up..

What the group did for me is more than Toyo or Hoosier can ever do... (see article in GRM)

I would hate to see the contingency awards get watered down... there are a bunch of guys spending their hard earned money to get their cars on the podium and I feel they deserve EVERYTHING they earn.

On the local level we do alot for each other and maybe if the top finishers get overloaded with contingency awards they could donate a set of tires as a "hardluck" award at the end of the year... or not

mitchntx
06-23-2009, 05:30 AM
Can you people just not read?

I didn't say give away Toyo bucks to last place, I said invert the Toyo race.

And who usually wins the inverts as well?

James proved you can go from last to first. What are you guys afraid of? Your signature having to get smaller? Your head, maybe?

Comparing those that run in the back to T-Ball player or special olympics contestants is a freaking slap in the face.

To Jason Saini, CMC is special olympics. To Lou Gigliotti, MX5 cup is special olympics. And so on ... get over yourselves already.

evarner
06-23-2009, 07:19 AM
Pinnacle egos = epic fail

Race for all the right reasons lads

Hood
06-23-2009, 07:48 AM
I agree with Eric and Michael. First of all, I race for the fun of it, not for the Toyo bux or any other contingency. If I happen to ever find myself on the podium (not likely with this bunch) then the rewards are all good...but not the REASON. If it weren't for the competition in CMC I'd still be working on my AIX Camaro. You can thank (or curse) Wirtz and Mosty for my sudden arrival into the CMC scene. I got on this forum back in November or December after talking to JW about the group he was racing with (and who I'd heard great things about out in Cali). Instantly I felt good about the company of individuals that love the sport as much as I do. I've learned quite a bit from you guys and continue to learn. All I know is that when there's a blue and white Camaro or a white Camaro or a silver Camaro or red, white and blue Mustang or red and white Mustang or... hmmm, there are a lot of fast drivers... filling my mirrors on an inverted start, it is intimidating as hell. My goal is to be in the back on these inverts for a good reason. Anyway... it's the COMPETITION in this class that sets us apart from the others and makes it attractive to other good drivers. Whatever tire we wind up using will still be an equal disadvantage for all. I applaud the efforts of the ones with the squeekiest wheels for voicing our cause to the ones that will listen. Keep up the good work (you know who you are).

michaelmosty
06-23-2009, 09:11 AM

Damn Michael, nowhere did I say I wanted hoosiers...and given there are only a handful of shops that accept toyo bucks (they also sell hoosiers), how is that any different?

I sense the frustration of getting jerked around in this whole deal but I think we bitched enough and it worked....let's keep our fingers crossed!
Dude, every time something comes up about tires you let the "H" word come out of your mouth. 8)

BryanL
06-23-2009, 07:37 PM
It's already "Special Olympics" racing enough as it is huh? :wink: :lol:

jb

So little Johnny Four Fingers finally wins his first race and all of the sudden he only won a Special Olympics race.

jeffburch
06-23-2009, 07:49 PM
So little Johnny Four Fingers finally wins his first race and all of the sudden he only won a Special Olympics race.

http://vimeo.com/4252033

jb

AI#97
06-23-2009, 07:53 PM
Dude, every time something comes up about tires you let the "H" word come out of your mouth. 8)

Fine, I will start talking about Hankooks...is that better?! :lol: I hear they have a contingency program too but I will have to search for it....

Rsmith350
06-23-2009, 08:01 PM

jb

Leave it to an Aggie!!!!! :shock: :lol:

jeremiahkellam
06-23-2009, 08:35 PM
Leave it to an Aggie!!!!! :shock: :lol:[/quote]

Aggie?? I thought BL was a Sun Devil or Wildcat?? Where the hell do the learn to wake board in Arizona??

AI#97
06-23-2009, 08:44 PM

Aggie?? I thought BL was a Sun Devil or Wildcat?? Where the hell do the learn to wake board in Arizona??[/quote]I thought waS Baylor?!

jeffburch
06-23-2009, 08:56 PM
Arizona?
It doesn't get much better than Lake Havasu.
jb

AllZWay
06-23-2009, 09:05 PM
Jeremiah....What was the word on your motor?

Rsmith350
06-23-2009, 09:42 PM

Aggie?? I thought BL was a Sun Devil or Wildcat?? Where the hell do the learn to wake board in Arizona??I thought waS Baylor?![/quote]

My fault.......he won......so I just assumed 8) ( MFW/Wirtz ) lol

Jeremy Gunter
06-23-2009, 09:49 PM
Seriously!

David Love AI27
06-24-2009, 12:44 AM

jb

It is really sad the best vid we got this year is from the parking lot... that one will go down in history... is it on Utube??

Wirtz
06-24-2009, 07:56 AM
It is funny (and sad). Of all the videos I have posted to Vimeo, the redneck wakeboarding has the most views of any of them.....

I have not put it on boobtube, just Vimeo.

BryanL
06-24-2009, 09:40 AM
I graduated from Arizona State in Tempe. Spent spring break at Havasu and would love to spend more time out there but my fast boat days are done and gone. I grew up going to lake at Texoma and Broken Bow. Only wakeboarded a handful of times but tons of slalom, kneedboarding, or simply trying to get up on anything that was around.

DL-Mitch has one posted up on youtube.

Fbody383
06-24-2009, 10:32 AM
Seriously!

???

Serious? Expensive? Neither?

jeremiahkellam
06-24-2009, 02:31 PM
Seriously!

???

No comment at this time... See you at TWS...BITCHES!!!

ShadowBolt
06-24-2009, 02:47 PM
Seriously!

???

One of the corner workers dropped a roach clip down the intake.

JJ

Al Fernandez
06-24-2009, 03:17 PM
Ok then...getting back to tires...

One of the things I commented to JWL about was my concern regarding losing contingency money as more and more CMC cars become CMC2. If suddenly everyone ran CMC2, then we as a group would lose out on $800 per weekend. I really would like to see something along the lines of the nationals payouts, where the amounts are based on 30+, 15-29, 10-14, 5-9 cars in the race.

evarner
06-24-2009, 04:13 PM
Looking at the lap times, not sure why there's two different classes in CMC. 8)

GlennCMC70
06-24-2009, 05:05 PM

i pulled my restrictor plate on Sat for the grudge race. i only ran like .2 seconds faster w/ it out. i know Hallett is not a HP track, but i was a little suprised at the lack of drop in time. removing the plate on my car puts me around 275-280hp and 315-320tq. thats an extra 45-50 hp and 20-25 ftlbs.
i saw a much greater drop in time w/ a change in tires.

let this be a word to the wise that HP/TQ are not the key to fast lap times.

michaelmosty
06-24-2009, 05:26 PM

i pulled my restrictor plate on Sat for the grudge race. i only ran like .2 seconds faster w/ it out. i know Hallett is not a HP track, but i was a little suprised at the lack of drop in time. removing the plate on my car puts me around 275-280hp and 315-320tq. thats an extra 45-50 hp and 20-25 ftlbs.

Only .2 seconds faster! :shock:
How are you going to hang with MFW when you go run AI? :lol:

AI#97
06-24-2009, 07:04 PM

Damn it!!! you "pulled the plate" and I missed it! Shucks!

It is a good point though that just because an AI car has "100 more hp" doesn't mean we are going to easily pass a CMC/2 car on some tracks....especially when some of us are sort of slow.

GlennCMC70
06-24-2009, 07:13 PM

Damn it!!! you "pulled the plate" and I missed it! Shucks!

It is a good point though that just because an AI car has "100 more hp" doesn't mean we are going to easily pass a CMC/2 car on some tracks....especially when some of us are sort of slow.

i hate to poke the bear here, but.........
its a 100hp+ and about 200lbs less, w/ big brakes, more tire and aero to boot. add to that a slightly less limited rule set w/ regards to suspension geometry. all that stuff adds up.

Rsmith350
06-24-2009, 07:37 PM
or simply trying to get up on anything that was around.

Sounds like college to me :shock: :lol:

BryanL
06-24-2009, 07:39 PM
But Glenn was in AI trim since his numbers would be too high for CMC2. Interesting to see though. I hope they do a charity race more often. I like the idea and could pull my plate and probably run .2 slower.

Back to tires. For anyone who wasn't at Hallett I won my first race with RA1's on the back and 888's on the front.

I'm betting Jeremiah went with one of those Jordan special stroker motors.

David Love AI27
06-24-2009, 07:48 PM
Seriously!

???

One of the corner workers dropped a roach clip down the intake.

JJ

boy does that bring back memories... worst part about working on a carbed motor with the filter off... still got a set of aligator tip vice grips in my toolbox... lost most of my other tools... wonder how that happened???

GlennCMC70
06-24-2009, 07:48 PM
for AI:
280hp = 2660lbs
320tq = 2880lbs
my car is 3250+ w/ me in it. that means i was 370lbs over AI minimum w/ the plate pulled. i'll run Matt w/ my plate pulled if he will add 370lbs to his current AI minimum.

AI#97
06-24-2009, 08:01 PM
for AI:
280hp = 2660lbs
320tq = 2880lbs
my car is 3250+ w/ me in it. that means i was 370lbs over AI minimum w/ the plate pulled. i'll run Matt w/ my plate pulled if he will add 370lbs to his current AI minimum.

<---stepping up to the plate, knocking the dirt off the shoes and staring down the pitcher....

Glenn, I would put 370lbs in the car but your head would not fit in the passenger seat! :P :twisted:

Anyway, keep in mind I ran nearly 200lbs heavy for the first two years I raced, and have barely gone any faster than then. I was also 200lbs over at nationals and did NOT run faster when I took it out!

Tell you what....let's rent some crappy cars from Hertz and settle this at the track some day... would be funny as hell!!!! :lol:

Rsmith350
06-24-2009, 08:05 PM
for AI:
280hp = 2660lbs
320tq = 2880lbs

<---stepping up to the plate, knocking the dirt off the shoes and staring down the pitcher....

Glenn, I would put 370lbs in the car but your head would not fit in the passenger seat! :P :twisted:

Anyway, keep in mind I ran nearly 200lbs heavy for the first two years I raced, and have barely gone any faster than then. I was also 200lbs over at nationals and did NOT run faster when I took it out!

Tell you what....let's rent some crappy cars from Hertz and settle this at the track some day... would be funny as hell!!!! :lol:

Wow! It's days of thunder all over again....which one of ya'll is Tom Cruise?

jeffburch
06-24-2009, 08:27 PM
Spec Pinatas
$400/day
Hallett 2010
grudge race

jb

rpoz27
06-24-2009, 08:29 PM
for AI:
280hp = 2660lbs
320tq = 2880lbs

I got 2 almost identical Neons sitting at TWS....

RagingAardvark
06-24-2009, 08:38 PM
let the Spec Rental Mustang field start building for '10! ;)

AI#97
06-24-2009, 08:43 PM
Spec Pinatas
$400/day
Hallett 2010
grudge race

jb

That makes a mustang with LDW seem expensive!!!

michaelmosty
06-24-2009, 10:12 PM
Back to tires. For anyone who wasn't at Hallett I won my first race with RA1's on the back and 888's on the front.

Way to complicate things Bryan! :lol:
Congrats again!!

michaelmosty
06-24-2009, 10:18 PM
for AI:
280hp = 2660lbs
320tq = 2880lbs

How about your 5 speed Neon vs. our 5 speed Corolla.
Matt would have to drive the Neon b/c we don't want him having an advantage with drive time in the "Rolla".
I would laugh my ass off watching Matt and Glenn come hauling ass down the straight at 95 mph in those 4 cylinder beasts!!! :lol:

You probablly don't even have to lift for T7. :shock:
BTW, when is the next motorsports weekend? I am getting the urge to run the Corolla. :D

rpoz27
06-24-2009, 11:02 PM
for AI:
280hp = 2660lbs
320tq = 2880lbs

How about your 5 speed Neon vs. our 5 speed Corolla.
Matt would have to drive the Neon b/c we don't want him having an advantage with drive time in the "Rolla".
I would laugh my ass off watching Matt and Glenn come hauling ass down the straight at 95 mph in those 4 cylinder beasts!!! :lol:

You probablly don't even have to lift for T7. :shock:
BTW, when is the next motorsports weekend? I am getting the urge to run the Corolla. :D

You don't have to lift for T7 :lol: The two Neons barrelling down the front straight and diving into T1 nose to tail is quite a sight.

We really need to egg this on. The Rolla and a Neon with those two gorillas driving would be hilarious.

Got a school this weekend (2.9 CW). Wanna come? Next one will be end of July (weekend before NASA. Also 2.9 CW.)

michaelmosty
06-25-2009, 12:05 AM
We'll see about getting the extra seat in the Corolla for that event. Matt, you want to co-drive for this event? :D

I don't know how good the cheatin bastard practice will be for racing but it sure will be fun!!!!

Alien
06-25-2009, 06:54 AM

Way to complicate things Bryan! :lol:
Congrats again!!

Actually, it reinforces the point that the RA1s are faster.

See how the rear is trying to overtake the front? Nuff said.

http://hallettracing.net/gallery/albums/album108/24_CMC2.jpg

AI#97
06-25-2009, 07:44 AM
Matt, you want to co-drive for this event? :D

we do need to start thinking about doing some suspension "mods" and getting some sorting done for October.... it isn't that far away and with TWS in August for you and Nationals in september for me....we might want to start getting it ready now while we aren't doing anything.

July event might work but I guess we need to start looking for some wheels and tires for it?

Waco Racer
06-25-2009, 08:28 AM
Don't forget that Eagles Canyon is 2 weeks before Lemons.

AI#97
06-25-2009, 12:15 PM
Don't forget that Eagles Canyon is 2 weeks before Lemons.

You should advertise a lemons test and tune with the hpde sessions....