PDA

View Full Version : lemons reruns

Al Fernandez
07-08-2009, 02:41 PM
So, a lemons car has to be $500 except for a few exceptions like safety gear, tires, brakes, fuel system. Ok...except a bunch of that stuff is really expensive and a sunk cost. So, your lemons car blows a radiator and a power steering rack...you have to blow all sorts of time and money into building a new car or do you fix the old one and lie?

Alien
07-08-2009, 03:29 PM
I know you submit (we've used youtube) details about your car and they give you a new appraised value. IIRC, we got $475 last time, enough for some new paint. I'm sure if you send it in saying you've got this and that wrong, they'll give you a much lower value allowing you to fix the stuff.

*edit* This is assuming the radiator and rack were blown during the previous race *edit*

michaelmosty
07-08-2009, 03:37 PM
Gary is right on. The give a value of the car post race.
Since we won in Oct. they gave us a value of $499.97, theme change and fluids not included.

If you left the race w/ a blown radiator + rack I would guess they would give you a value of around $400. They don't want you to put a brand new radiator or rack in it but be creative on your fixing. :)

What do you have in mind Al?
BTW, I read the next race at CMP got around 190 applicants and they had to turn away alot of teams. Time for everyone to get some pretty creative themes ready for the Oct. race so we can all get in!

cobra132
07-08-2009, 09:19 PM
How can you get a pre-determined value, in other words is there a way to get an agreeded upon value prior to the event? Matt mentioned something about this. FMR

AI#97
07-09-2009, 12:50 AM
How can you get a pre-determined value, in other words is there a way to get an agreeded upon value prior to the event? Matt mentioned something about this. FMR

email to Jay Lamm.... Part of the rules for returning competitors...

Al Fernandez
07-09-2009, 09:05 AM
I was just thinking what a hassle it'd be to put a cage into a second car just because your existing car needs mechanical work. Sounds like if you have a reasonable repair to make they're willing to work with you though.