PDA

View Full Version : Lemons gets more exposure than NASA

AI#97
08-12-2009, 03:57 PM
A good piece in Spirit Magazine with 3.2 Million readers...Michael Mosty is now more famous than Glenn Who.

http://www.spiritmag.com/features/article/lap_dogs

cjlmlml
08-12-2009, 04:34 PM
Awesome article, the winners got about a 5 word mention.

AI#97
08-12-2009, 08:51 PM

Oh yeah, I forgot the mulletts and the Bikini Gal are now more famous then Glenn Who too!! ;)

David Love AI27
08-12-2009, 08:56 PM

Oh yeah, I forgot the mulletts and the Bikini Gal are now more famous then Glenn Who too!! ;)

I am a big fan of the National Champion but I gotta say I like the NOPI calender is better... sorry

AI#97
08-12-2009, 09:08 PM

I am a big fan of the National Champion but I gotta say I like the NOPI calender is better... sorry

Michael nearly wrecked the car in the pits when she bent over the engine bay during tech! Hell, I even tripped when I saw her ass hanging out of the fire jacket! I am always glad Glenn keeps his fire suit on all weekend!!! :lol:

AllZWay
08-13-2009, 08:02 AM
Hey guys... I was asked if I was interested in buying a race ready Ford Pinto...it is a dirt track car, but I think it would make a good lemons car.

The local track killed the class this year and they are basically just trying to get it off of their property.

$400

It doesn't have a windshield or lights of anykind, but I am not sure what Lemons rules actually require.

David Love AI27
08-13-2009, 08:11 AM
Hey guys... I was asked if I was interested in buying a race ready Ford Pinto...it is a dirt track car, but I think it would make a good lemons car.

The local track killed the class this year and they are basically just trying to get it off of their property.

$400

It doesn't have a windshield or lights of anykind, but I am not sure what Lemons rules actually require.

R U looking for a teammate?

michaelmosty
08-13-2009, 09:08 AM

$400

Lights are not a big deal, just wire up a single brake light and you will be good. We used a $6 trailer light.
Not sure on the windshield, I would put a piece of cheap lexan in its place. I have seen cars out there with just a mesh screen and that is acceptable but you will get alot of oil and crap in your face. After 7 hours of racing there is a nice film on the windshield.
Check out the rules on their website. It is an easy read and only takes about 5 minutes.

AllZWay
08-13-2009, 10:09 AM

$400

R U looking for a teammate?

I am not even sure I would want to buy it, but I need to check the rules a little closer.

gt40
08-13-2009, 11:14 AM
If anyone wants a hard-copy of the article, let me know. I can get as many issues of Spirit as you need...

Al Fernandez
08-13-2009, 12:07 PM
what exactly does "race ready" mean? I'd be interested in going in on it with you James.

evarner
08-13-2009, 02:31 PM
TEAM NAFTA will look forward to running with you all. :D

AllZWay
08-13-2009, 04:00 PM
what exactly does "race ready" mean? I'd be interested in going in on it with you James.

I would need to go out and look at it, but they were racing it until the class ended.

I haven't seen it in a couple of years, so I am sure it is really rough.

I still don't even know that I want to do a lemons race, but this is definitely a cheap entry.

If someone else is interested, I would give them contact information.

AI#97
08-13-2009, 08:22 PM
I still don't even know that I want to do a lemons race, but this is definitely a cheap entry.

It's a helluva lot funner than having Mitch and Glenn barking orders at you for sure....and in the long run, it is actually harder than the 8 hour that NASA did. Imagine getting up Sunday and doing the 8 hour again....with 4 times the cars on track...and oh, the track is only 1.3 miles long.

Mitch and Glenn think it's retarded but I will tell you it is some damn hard and challenging racing.....and is the most fun you will EVER have at a race weekend.

Think of it as Precise Retardation with a lot of skill and strategy thrown in....trust me. You will love it!

mitchntx
08-13-2009, 08:24 PM
Mitch thinks the rules enforcement is retarded.

And I don't think I barked once ... didn't even growl.

AI#97
08-13-2009, 08:30 PM

Your too old and just don't get it... It's like being 13 all over again AND racing cars!!!!

mitchntx
08-13-2009, 08:48 PM

Your too old and just don't get it... It's like being 13 all over again AND racing cars!!!!

Ok ... starting to get a little insight into how you roll, Matt.

When I was 13, I certainly didn't don an adult diaper and march sack to cheek with all my buddies.

Butt, what ever blows up your skirt, Matt.

8)

AI#97
08-13-2009, 09:01 PM
Ok ... starting to get a little insight into how you roll, Matt.

When I was 13, I certainly didn't don an adult diaper and march sack to cheek with all my buddies.

8)

Dude! When you were 13, they were just still trying to figure out how to make fire... I am sure it will take you some time to understand it....you probably don't hear so well anymore! Didn't you tell Burch you were getting Social Security when he was still in training pants the other day?! ;) :P

GlennCMC70
08-13-2009, 09:30 PM
i havent even begun to bark.

AI#97
08-13-2009, 09:54 PM
i havent even begun to bark.

My neighbor's Shitzu ain't even skeered of you! :lol:

Chuck
08-13-2009, 10:12 PM

$400

Sounds like a good start on a car. I assume it is a 4 cylinder, 2.3Liter? I can get tons of stock 2.3L parts if it needs an engine. Not sure if I will have much time to work on the car, but the race sounds fun!!!

Chuck
CMC#14

michaelmosty
08-13-2009, 11:31 PM
To get back on topic, somewhat.
I still think AICMC racing is the best in the country. I wouldn't trade a race weekend for anything else.
On the other hand, the LeMons races are a blast. Challenging b/c of all the crazy mo-fo's on track and the oil, p/s fluid, and trans fluid make it all the more interesting.
If you have the means and time to run LeMons I highly suggest it. In order to do good you need an insane amount of patience. I can't begin to tell how many times I wanted to squeeze my nose into a spot I knew I could get only to hold off and see someone chop "the place where my nose would have been" off.
The first time we raced I missed a couple of yellow flags. :oops: We got lucky along with many other teams and didn't get penalized. I learned ALOT from that racing and have since learned big time!!
I made a pass on two people going 3-wide into T17 at Houston backwards only to look over and see Misty on the inside of me making it 4-wide as she shot past all 3 of us. I yelled over the radio to our guys that I just got "blue-balled". I was laughing my ass off for many laps after that.

All in all it is a race experience unlike any other. If you have the ability to do it I highly suggest it!! See y'all in October, we'll have our ambulance ther to assist with any needs. :lol:

Jeremy Gunter
08-13-2009, 11:55 PM
Everyone learns something at a lemons event, just like we learn something at a NASA event... Not to mention, there is nothing serious about it... I can promise you this, if you race lemons, it would bring back the FUN in racing and take away the HOW TO WIN attitude, at least for one weekend... Matt talks about it as being 13, I see it as my first racing experience, and it reminds me to have fun and be forgiving... It would keep you out of somebody's door in a NASA race if you had to wear diapers around the paddock for an hour after the race you had contact in...

Mitch, you just don't want any ammo against you on the board...

Glenn would probably get so pissed off at a lemons event he would pit and quit...

James it's totally worth it... I love NASA events and the challenge, but I thoroughly enjoy Lemons... It really has a way of lightening the load of racing...

michaelmosty
08-14-2009, 12:04 AM
To put a spin on things, I plan to have a mustache at the October event for our new theme. If that isn't gayer (spelling??) that a white cowboy outfit then I don't know what is. :lol:

rpoz27
08-14-2009, 02:56 AM
To get back on topic, somewhat.
I still think AICMC racing is the best in the country. I wouldn't trade a race weekend for anything else.
On the other hand, the LeMons races are a blast. Challenging b/c of all the crazy mo-fo's on track and the oil, p/s fluid, and trans fluid make it all the more interesting.
If you have the means and time to run LeMons I highly suggest it. In order to do good you need an insane amount of patience. I can't begin to tell how many times I wanted to squeeze my nose into a spot I knew I could get only to hold off and see someone chop "the place where my nose would have been" off.
The first time we raced I missed a couple of yellow flags. :oops: We got lucky along with many other teams and didn't get penalized. I learned ALOT from that racing and have since learned big time!!

All in all it is a race experience unlike any other. If you have the ability to do it I highly suggest it!!

Second that!

I made a pass on two people going 3-wide into T17 at Houston backwards only to look over and see Misty on the inside of me making it 4-wide as she shot past all 3 of us. I yelled over the radio to our guys that I just got "blue-balled". I was laughing my ass off for many laps after that.

I remember that move. Saw an opening and went for it...and was completely shocked that it worked really well. You did seem a little surprised to find me there.

Current LeMons build link - http://deathtrapsandothermusings.blogspot.com/

jeffburch
08-14-2009, 03:45 AM
No.
That move was a dutch rudder!

Jb

ShadowBolt
08-14-2009, 07:18 AM

JJ thinks so too.

JJ

David Love AI27
08-14-2009, 07:53 AM
I love this thread... fun and light hearted... and even talks about racing...

Waco Racer
08-14-2009, 11:15 AM
To put a spin on things, I plan to have a mustache at the October event for our new theme. If that isn't gayer (spelling??) that a white cowboy outfit then I don't know what is. :lol:

We already have a mustachioed teammate. :wink:

michaelmosty
08-14-2009, 11:28 AM

We already have a mustachioed teammate. :wink:
You want to shave the chin portion and rock the mustache? :D

michaelmosty
08-14-2009, 11:30 AM
BTW, tomorrow is the last day to sign up. So far there are 125 teams.
Rumor has it that we will be running the full course backwards.

rpoz27
08-14-2009, 11:31 AM
No.
That move was a dutch rudder!

Jb

LOL! So wrong....

gt40
08-14-2009, 12:10 PM
I'd REALLY like to do LeMons this year -- it sounds like a hoot. But with the bably coming, I'm damned lucky to make Eagle's Canyon.

Next year, I'm going to do it! I just need to find a team.

Rsmith350
08-14-2009, 12:59 PM
It's gotta be a "Magnum PI" stach' , ooo that would be a good theme! :) Paint jeremy black and have him be the guy that flies the chopper :)

Fbody383
08-14-2009, 01:03 PM
Paint jeremy black and have him be the guy that flies the chopper :)

New keyboard please

AI#97
08-14-2009, 03:23 PM
It's gotta be a "Magnum PI" stach' , ooo that would be a good theme! :) Paint jeremy black and have him be the guy that flies the chopper :)

That leaves Higgins and Rick for Clifton and I.....Damn that would be ugly!

However, cutting the roof into a targa top and painting it Forza Red would be the shiznit!!!

gt40
08-14-2009, 03:40 PM

That leaves Higgins and Rick for Clifton and I.....Damn that would be ugly!

However, cutting the roof into a targa top and painting it Forza Red would be the shiznit!!!Magnum P-U! :D

AllZWay
08-14-2009, 04:20 PM

TC...wasn't that his name?

David Love AI27
08-14-2009, 04:28 PM
Paint jeremy black... wrap him in bling

.... and be the A-Team

Rsmith350
08-14-2009, 04:31 PM

.... and be the A-Team

That would be a riot!!! :lol: :lol:

jeffburch
08-14-2009, 04:56 PM
I pitty the fool who gets in our way sucka!

Mr T

AI#97
08-14-2009, 04:58 PM

.... and be the A-Team

Already been done and badly from what we have found out. I am going to pick up the "topper" for the car tonight! I have been told it still works and funny thing is, the guy used to be the pres of the TAMSCC and knows Hood!!!! Small friggin' world!!!!

Hood
08-14-2009, 08:19 PM
I have been told it still works and funny thing is, the guy used to be the pres of the TAMSCC and knows Hood!!!! Small friggin' world!!!!

Who exactly would that be... ?

AI#97
08-14-2009, 10:02 PM
I have been told it still works and funny thing is, the guy used to be the pres of the TAMSCC and knows Hood!!!! Small friggin' world!!!!

Who exactly would that be... ?

Dave...? didn't catch the last name. about 30-32 years old? Lives in Hurst....knew you and Wirtz and Dean Yamada and a few other guys I have AutoX'd with over the years.

Cool guy!

Alien
08-15-2009, 07:08 AM
Dave "Saladhead" or "Swampthing" Saliger!

AI#97
08-15-2009, 08:22 AM

Who was "soup daddy"? That topic came up....

michaelmosty
08-15-2009, 08:54 AM

Who was "soup daddy"? That topic came up....
Saladhead, Swampthing, SoupDaddy????
Those silly aggies. :roll: :lol:

Alien
08-15-2009, 09:19 AM
Soup Daddy = Casey Weiss
Beavis = Chris Rivas
Assman = Chris Ramey
Batman = Eric Koeing
Duck = Robert Dupont
Hillbilly = Tye Jackson
Misfire = Barry Bachman
Jr. = Jeff Morrison
Beaker = Frank Bryan
Strohkinoff = Jeff Stroh
Smurf = Craig Robson
Shotgun = Bob Dallas
Mowhine = Chad Koboviak
Alien = Me

Good times...

Shortcutsleeping
08-15-2009, 10:48 AM
Yup...most folks in TAMSCC got a nickname at some point.

Good times indeed.

Costas
cars and such...

Shortcutsleeping
08-15-2009, 10:52 AM
Michael nearly wrecked the car in the pits when she bent over the engine bay during tech! Hell, I even tripped when I saw her ass hanging out of the fire jacket! I am always glad Glenn keeps his fire suit on all weekend!!! :lol:

...dragging this somewhat back to the topic....

Yeah, it is difficult to be on a team with her and maintain a low profile. She is awesome to team with tho...fun, knows cars, and can drive too!

Costas
cars and such...

AI#97
08-15-2009, 01:41 PM

...dragging this somewhat back to the topic....

Yeah, it is difficult to be on a team with her and maintain a low profile. She is awesome to team with tho...fun, knows cars, and can drive too!

Costas
cars and such...

You guys making the October event?!

michaelmosty
08-15-2009, 04:25 PM
I bet so, I see a bikiniracer team entered, along with 140 other teams! :shock:

AI#97
08-15-2009, 04:29 PM
I bet so, I see a bikiniracer team entered, along with 140 other teams! :shock:

HO-LY FAAAWKK!!!!

David Love AI27
08-15-2009, 06:38 PM
Soup Daddy = Casey Weiss
Beavis = Chris Rivas
Assman = Chris Ramey
Batman = Eric Koeing
Duck = Robert Dupont
Hillbilly = Tye Jackson
Misfire = Barry Bachman
Jr. = Jeff Morrison
Beaker = Frank Bryan
Strohkinoff = Jeff Stroh
Smurf = Craig Robson
Shotgun = Bob Dallas
Mowhine = Chad Koboviak
Alien = Me

Good times...

why don't I see more of these names at the track?

rpoz27
08-17-2009, 07:01 PM
Our LeMons acceptance came in today. :D

evarner
08-18-2009, 11:27 AM
Team NAFTA has been accepted!!!!

Gratz to those that will be there too! 8)

Todd Covini
08-23-2009, 10:44 PM
Soup Daddy = Casey Weiss
Beavis = Chris Rivas
Assman = Chris Ramey
Batman = Eric Koeing
Duck = Robert Dupont
Hillbilly = Tye Jackson
Misfire = Barry Bachman
Jr. = Jeff Morrison
Beaker = Frank Bryan
Strohkinoff = Jeff Stroh
Smurf = Craig Robson
Shotgun = Bob Dallas
Mowhine = Chad Koboviak
Alien = Me

Good times...

why don't I see more of these names at the track?

I was working with Jeff Stroh back in the early days to try and get car count....we couldn't get past StangBang.

Congrats to all the Lemons inductees! I may have to come down and witness the craziness.

-=- Todd

AllZWay
08-27-2009, 04:14 PM
There was a pretty good article in Circle Track about the 24 Hours of Lemons.

http://www.circletrack.com/eventcoverage/ctrp_0910_1991_honda_accord_24_hours_of_lemons/index.html

My boss actually saw a story I think in the WSJ and now he is interested in doing it. He asked a couple of us if we were interested. Now just have got to get out look at that Pinto. He is a Ford guy, so this was right down his alley.

cobra132
08-29-2009, 05:53 PM
There is a feature story on the Lemons series in the in-flight mag on Southwest airlines. FMR

rpoz27
08-29-2009, 09:12 PM
There is a feature story on the Lemons series in the in-flight mag on Southwest airlines. FMR

Same with American airlines.