PDA

View Full Version : Rule of the Day - AI Series Appearance

MikeP99Z
08-19-2009, 10:00 AM
8.3 Appearance
.1 All cars are required to display at least four official NASA racing stickers. One shall be placed on
the front, rear, and each side of the vehicle.
.2 Series sponsor or individual race sponsor decals or stickers may be required. Drivers must also
display any series required patches and NASA patches on their driving suits.
.3 All cars must display “American Iron” at least 2.5 inches in height across top of windshield in
contrasting color unless otherwise directed by series officials. Contact series officials for supplies.
.4 The driver’s last name, or first initial and last name, must be displayed on the bottom right section
of the windshield in white block letters between three and five inches in height.
.5 All cars must display their assigned car number on both sides which must be at least 10 inches tall
with a contrasting color. Class identification must be at least 3 inches tall and be located in close
proximity to the number.
.6 Car numbers must be obtained by contacting the American Iron Series Directors

BlueFirePony
08-20-2009, 08:59 PM
8.3 Appearance
.1 All cars are required to display at least four official NASA racing stickers. One shall be placed on
.2 Series sponsor or individual race sponsor decals or stickers may be required. Drivers must also
.3 All cars must display “American Iron” at least 2.5 inches in height across top of windshield in
contrasting color unless otherwise directed by series officials. Contact series officials for supplies.
.4 The driver’s last name, or first initial and last name, must be displayed on the bottom right section
of the windshield in white block letters between three and five inches in height.
.5 All cars must display their assigned car number on both sides which must be at least 10 inches tall
with a contrasting color. Class identification must be at least 3 inches tall and be located in close
proximity to the number.
.6 Car numbers must be obtained by contacting the American Iron Series Directors

That does it - all these restrictive rules. I am moving to CMC.

MikeP99Z
08-20-2009, 09:21 PM
Some stickers and a patch are restrictive? Geez...

GlennCMC70
08-20-2009, 10:05 PM
8.3 Appearance
proximity to the number.

CMC rules:
7.2 Appearance Requirements
7.2.1 All cars are required to prominently display at least four official NASA racing stickers, one on the front, rear, and one on each side.
7.2.1.2 Series sponsor or individual race sponsor decals or stickers may be required. Drivers must also display any series required patches and NASA patches on their driving suits.
7.2.2 All windshields shall have a Camaro Mustang Challenge banner across the top. Additionally, the driver's last name, or first initial and last name, must be displayed on the lower passenger side section of the windshield in tall, bold, white block letters.
7.2.3 The vehicle must exhibit its assigned car number on both sides, front and rear of the car. The side numbers must be at least ten (10) inches tall and be of a contrasting color. The front and rear numbers must be at least four (4) inches tall. Class identification must be at least five (5) inches tall and be located in close proximity to the number on each side of the car .
7.2.4 No tinted windows allowed other than factory OEM tints.

David Love AI27
08-20-2009, 10:42 PM
8.3 Appearance
proximity to the number.

CMC rules:
7.2 Appearance Requirements
7.2.1 All cars are required to prominently display at least four official NASA racing stickers, one on the front, rear, and one on each side.
7.2.1.2 Series sponsor or individual race sponsor decals or stickers may be required. Drivers must also display any series required patches and NASA patches on their driving suits.
7.2.2 All windshields shall have a Camaro Mustang Challenge banner across the top. Additionally, the driver's last name, or first initial and last name, must be displayed on the lower passenger side section of the windshield in tall, bold, white block letters.
7.2.3 The vehicle must exhibit its assigned car number on both sides, front and rear of the car. The side numbers must be at least ten (10) inches tall and be of a contrasting color. The front and rear numbers must be at least four (4) inches tall. Class identification must be at least five (5) inches tall and be located in close proximity to the number on each side of the car .
7.2.4 No tinted windows allowed other than factory OEM tints.

Could someone please forward this to JB... i really don't have the time to jack with this stuff...

BlueFirePony
08-21-2009, 05:03 PM
Some stickers and a patch are restrictive? Geez...

I really gotta work on my delivery apparently! it was a joke. At both ECR and MSR I ran with 3 NASA stickers because I tore up my front fascia a few weeks before the ECR race and just forgot to put the 4th sticker back on. Sigh...Rookie driver; rookier punster - I need more seat time and more trash talking time.