PDA

View Full Version : Enduro 2010

MikeP99Z
08-24-2009, 02:17 AM
How long do you want it to be?

michaelmosty
08-24-2009, 09:09 AM
Can we get an idea on what price would be for each length?

MikeP99Z
08-24-2009, 09:38 AM
No details yet, just getting some information together.

mitchntx
08-24-2009, 10:27 AM
I noticed that the 8 hour race this past spring had kind of strung the cars out to the point that it was just a 2 or 3 car race.

But the shorter races kept most everyone "in the hunt".

Also, from a marketing standpoint, an 8 hour race sounds awefully long and terribly hard on equipment.

That is not what I discovered, but still its a "stigma" that only experiencing it will a person beyond.

gt40
08-24-2009, 11:27 AM
I'd love to see a longer race (Maybe we could one-up Thunderhill and stage a 26-hour enduro...) but The logistics of that would be daunting, both for the racers and for the race officials and staff. Maybe in a few years...

I have a problem with mid-length races like 8. They're so long that the cars get stretched out, like Mitch said, but they're not long enough to really test the endurance of the hardware, so you end up with a race without much head-to-head racing, like a short race, but it's not much of a true endurance race, either.

Wirtz
08-24-2009, 11:50 AM
I think the shorter durations are more realistic to get a decent car count.

Rob Liebbe
08-24-2009, 12:44 PM
You have to consider what is going on the rest of the weekend and when the corner workers are going to pull the plug when the sun goes down.

MikeP99Z
08-24-2009, 12:58 PM
Don't worry about corner workers, darkness, sprint race format, entry fee, car count, advertising etc. for this poll. If the race is formatted longer than 8 hours, we will likely have outside support from national, and additional corner workers, proper lighting systems, etc. etc. etc.

Don't read too much into this poll either, we are getting a feel from all racers in all groups before any true options are put up for consideration.

This is all preliminary.

Thanks

gt40
08-24-2009, 02:04 PM
Don't worry about corner workers, darkness, sprint race format, entry fee, car count, advertising etc. for this poll. If the race is formatted longer than 8 hours, we will likely have outside support from national, and additional corner workers, proper lighting systems, etc. etc. etc.Well in that case, It makes a certain amount of sense to keep doing what we've been doing -- increate the duration each year. We've done 4 and 8 hours. Next step is 12...

Al Fernandez
08-24-2009, 07:10 PM
I vote for 4hrs and for not impacting the sprint race schedule. Run it saturday after the sprints.

MikeP99Z
08-24-2009, 07:41 PM
Depending on how things shake out, for all we know it could justify a completely separate weekend.

GlennCMC70
08-24-2009, 07:53 PM
Depending on how things shake out, for all we know it could justify a completely separate weekend.
i was told by Clifton at the April event that the next one was planned to be a separate weekend.
i dont think we need to try and compete w/ T-Hill's 25, but rather complement it. having a 12 hour here and positioning ourselves as a "warn up" to the 25. eventually we could have a pair of 6 hour events on the east coast and GL regions. soulds like ALMS, right?

Wirtz
08-24-2009, 07:54 PM
Another option might be to run a 3 day weekend. From an entrants point of view, there is some money to be saved by not having to do an extra tow plus hotels plus prep... I dono for sure, would need to run some numbers to make sure....

Some already pretty much do this when they run a test day Friday. Also some of the SCCA National events are 3 day... Maybe couple it with a holiday weekend since many would have time off already??

Another semi random thought; an enduro weekend at some place like TMS. The course is fairly easy. Super awsome garages, track lights. Turn it into a big old party weekend. Hummm, just day dreaming. I've heard the cost of TMS rental is high....

MikeP99Z
08-24-2009, 08:02 PM
TMS is expensive...

A three day weekend is also already a consideration (tech/practice/qualifying etc. on Friday)

AI#97
08-24-2009, 10:18 PM
You guys REALLY need to do a lemons or chump car event.

Right now, in 2010, I believe there is going to be TWO lemons events just like this year, and a REAL 24 hour race at TMS with Chumpcar.

Lots of fun, MORE racing, a LOT more cars, you aren't risking your pride and joy CMC/AI car and I would bet, it's cheaper per driver than ANY NASA event you would attend.

I am all for another 8 hour with NASA and a chance at the LAW...but I have a feeling 2010 is going to be crapcan races for me unless I can keep up the instructor gig.

Jeremy Gunter
08-26-2009, 12:45 AM
I'm feeling a Team Schwing Mustang SN99 enduro next year...

Al Fernandez
08-26-2009, 11:57 AM
So out of the enduros we've run, how many cars were sprint regulars and how many were not? I think Jeff and I are aligned in the thinking that combining but not impacting sprint races makes economic sense for the regulars.

AllZWay
08-26-2009, 01:50 PM
So out of the enduros we've run, how many cars were sprint regulars and how many were not? I think Jeff and I are aligned in the thinking that combining but not impacting sprint races makes economic sense for the regulars.

I agree with this. Othewise, it might be hard to make another weekend.

AI#97
08-26-2009, 05:15 PM
I voted for a 24 just because i want to do one bad!!!

However, I think the idea of a 6 hour sprint or max 8 hour with similar schedule as we had in april is ideal.

If it's just a 6 hour...we're bringing the lemon and The LAW ain't got a chance in hell! :lol:

marshall_mosty
08-27-2009, 08:52 PM
Voted for the six hour... All of my eggs will be in the enduro basket again for 2010. I just have too much going on at work and around the house to hit too many of the regional races. Maybe Cresson.

If it goes longer, that would be nice, but would require more drives to spread the cost around. The cars seems to tolerate the 8/10th's driving okay, as mine did until the tie rod let go at 5 1/2 hours. That's my fault for not checking for bind.

I'm in for whatever lengh. 4/6/8/12/24... it's nuttin' but lub.