PDA

View Full Version : tws ccw lap times

crazyamc
08-24-2009, 01:35 PM
As a crazy vintage racer looking to possibly join the AI ranks, I'm asking for lap times of the faster third of the class. I know, I'm gonna lose a hundred horsepower, but I'm pretty resourceful. :roll: Counter-clockwise times would be appreciated. Thanks, AMC

mitchntx
08-24-2009, 01:36 PM
crazy amc ... A Javelin in AI would be COOL!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3102/2351376452_87f72c2871.jpg

David Love AI27
08-24-2009, 01:40 PM
AI:
under 1:55 you will be running with the front of the pack...

1:55-2:00 mid to rear of the pack

2:00+ you will be running in the back with me

gt40
08-24-2009, 02:02 PM
2:00+ you will be running in the back with meAnd me. :(

Or you could just do what I did and hook up with a couple of other friends and run AIX for the weekend. Texas AIX generally is a catfch-all for folks that won't/don't/can't run in any of the other Group 4 classes. It can be an interesting mix...

David Love AI27
08-24-2009, 02:05 PM
2:00+ you will be running in the back with meAnd me. :(

Or you could just do what I did and hook up with a couple of other friends and run AIX for the weekend. Texas AIX generally is a catfch-all for folks that won't/don't/can't run in any of the other Group 4 classes. It can be an interesting mix...

'cept when a rookie sets track record during his first race..

Rob Liebbe
08-24-2009, 02:13 PM
As a crazy vintage racer looking to possibly join the AI ranks, I'm asking for lap times of the faster third of the class. I know, I'm gonna lose a hundred horsepower, but I'm pretty resourceful. :roll: Counter-clockwise times would be appreciated. Thanks, AMC

Is this one of the Caudle boys? Ken?

AI#97
08-24-2009, 02:54 PM
'cept when a rookie sets track record during his first race..

uh, wasn't that the first time there has been an AIX car run CW? ;)

CCW record is a 1:52.9. Regular race times are in the 53's and 54's depending on track condition. Given the sealer that has been put on the track over the last year...that 52.9 is going to be there a LONG time.

Rob Liebbe
08-24-2009, 04:27 PM
Confirmed - Ken Caudle - a longtime acquaintance of mine. He has been looking at AI for a while now, and I do believe he wants to do it in a Javelin. Way cool. He's been to at least couple of our events, looking around, asking questions, and watching. He and his brothers have been racing in the Corinthian Vintage Racing series in Corvettes, Camaros, and an AMC product. If you get a chance to go to a CVR event, do it, they are great!

Ken - you will find a very receptive group here, willing to answer all your questions and not blast you like some wet behind the ears newbie just because they don't know you like some other forums.

Looking forward to seeing you on the track.

Wirtz
08-24-2009, 04:51 PM
Another thumbs up for the CVAR group. I ran my Datsun as a under prepped CP car with them several times for fun. The Trans Am group were the best. This was some of the hardware from several years back.

http://rcubedmotorsports.no-ip.com/CVAR.htm

Rob Liebbe
08-24-2009, 05:03 PM
Next CVAR event is Sept. 18 - 20 at TWS.

gt40
08-24-2009, 05:12 PM
Seeing an Javelin in AI would be a hoot! Seeing a Texas-based Javelin at Nats would be way cool!

Al Fernandez
08-24-2009, 06:41 PM
Very nice. Ken, you just might be crazy enough to fit in around here! :D

michaelmosty
08-24-2009, 07:27 PM
We have talked to some CVAR guys at the last two LeMons races and they are super cool. They have old Mustangs and raced a fox at LeMons.
I agree it would be pretty cool to check out one of their events!

GlennCMC70
08-24-2009, 07:45 PM
you have been told what we run, now tell us what you run. (show me yours and i'll show you mine.)