PDA

View Full Version : We leave in 8 days...who's ready?!

AI#97
08-29-2009, 01:07 PM
Well, mine is washed, waxed, prep'd and ready to whip some ass. Gonna do an easy test day tomorrow at cresson to get a feel for the new stuff and then it's packing everything up.

Post your route, departure time, planned arrival time and cell numbers for trip planning.

214-364-0420
Leaving Monday 9/7 from Plano around 4am. going through amarillo, denver and stopping in Cheyenne hopefully by 9pm. Arriving Utah around noon to 1pm on Tuesday so I can hit my dyno at 2pm.

I think this is the most prepared for an event I have been yet.

Rob Liebbe
08-29-2009, 01:32 PM
Good Luck Matt!!!

Fbody383
08-29-2009, 05:17 PM
Good luck Texas!

You guys be safe and bring home some hardware.

Rsmith350
08-29-2009, 07:03 PM
Good luck sir!!! Whoop some ass for TX!

GlennCMC70
08-29-2009, 07:49 PM
fixed a ton of alignment issues i had from before TWS and after Hallett. corner weighted the car. (53% front :P ) made some major corner weight adjustments.
gonna start packing tomorrow.
route - head north and cut over to Denver.
leaving Sunday i think.

Rob Liebbe
08-29-2009, 09:04 PM
Good luck to you too!

David Love AI27
08-30-2009, 12:40 AM
Found a ride to the track and a trailer in which to sleep. Jeff has the car preped as much as he can without my seat and my ass in the seat.

gonna get a day of pratice and two days to put it on the pole... If I can't get on the top step I dont deserve it.

Special thanks to my Mom and AI/CMC Texas for your support and especially to JB and AF for gettting me there, the rest is up to ME!! (no pressure)

side bar.. I hope I get January thats my mom's birthday month

AI#97
08-30-2009, 04:27 PM
Well, testing went very well today. found a few things to work on between now and then but they are very minor. Should be easy to fix and was better to burn 3 sessions here instead of 3 sessions up there.

all the bad handling characteristics it had before are gone, but it picked up a couple new ones today! LOL!! With a few minor tweaks, it should be quick off the trailer...

No real laptimes but Mosty's cell phone had me near my track record and wasn't really pushing that hard for a full lap...mostly worked on sectors to concentrate on the handling stuff. Overall GREAT day and it was a fantastic day to be on the track weatherwise.

See you guys in a few days!

Todd Covini
08-30-2009, 06:57 PM
Here's the reigning AI Champion, Matt:

http://www.steedatv.com/play.php?vid=105

http://www.steedatv.com/play.php?vid=116

Do you have what it takes? :-)

AI#97
08-30-2009, 07:24 PM
Here's the reigning AI Champion, Matt:

http://www.steedatv.com/play.php?vid=105

http://www.steedatv.com/play.php?vid=116

Do you have what it takes? :-)

eh, I have a LEGAL car....probably won't count for anything though.

BlueFirePony
08-30-2009, 07:37 PM
Good luck to you all. Sounds like you guys are well prepped!

Todd Covini
08-30-2009, 07:38 PM
Now, now Matt....look for a note going out to Group B from me tonight.

AI#97
08-30-2009, 07:54 PM
Now, now Matt....look for a note going out to Group B from me tonight.

Is it going to say something about timing/rpm delay boxes in MSD ignitions? ;) Glad I don't have one! :lol:

Waco Racer
08-30-2009, 09:45 PM
My test went well yesterday. The car responded well to simple changes. As long as I don't have to do any 2-3 up shifts during the race I'll be OK. New front pads and swap the clutch fluid, a few more things to get for my pit set-up then drop the car off at the transporter on Saturday morning.

Can anyone help out with a ride from the airport around noon on Wednesday?

GlennCMC70
08-30-2009, 09:48 PM
My test went well yesterday. The car responded well to simple changes. As long as I don't have to do any 2-3 up shifts during the race I'll be OK. New front pads and swap the clutch fluid, a few more things to get for my pit set-up then drop the car off at the transporter on Saturday morning.

i'll be at the track Wed, but my truck will be available if someone needs to go pick you up, depending on how far it is from the track.

AI#97
08-30-2009, 09:48 PM

Might talk to Mosty...I think he arrives Wednesday pm but not sure of time. Hell, just hike your skirt and hitchhike in! There should be plenty of race rigs heading that way! ;)

AI#97
08-30-2009, 09:49 PM

you do realize there are 3 second gear turns on that track?! :shock:

donovan
08-31-2009, 12:41 AM
I will be leaving Austin Friday... headed to Ft. Worth to finish some work on the car, needs lots of decals too, load car and trailer... leaving Monday morning from Ft. Worth.

DD

MikeP99Z
08-31-2009, 01:18 AM
What car David? And are you the driver?

David Love AI27
08-31-2009, 08:11 AM
I will be leaving Austin Friday... headed to Ft. Worth to finish some work on the car, needs lots of decals too, load car and trailer... leaving Monday morning from Ft. Worth.

DD

Awesome... look forward to seeing you there

AI#97
08-31-2009, 08:29 AM

DD

Are you taking corey's slot/entry?

michaelmosty
08-31-2009, 09:27 AM
My flight doesn't get in until 8:30 PM on Wednesday. If anyone is around the airport at that time I will be glad to give you a ride to the track.

Do you think I could run the rental car in Time Trials? 8)

MikeP99Z
08-31-2009, 09:54 AM
Sure, choose your rental car wisely...

donovan
08-31-2009, 11:21 AM

I guess I left off some details!

Richard Fekete runs a Subaru in TTU, he lives a couple miles away and is also a Fulcrum Aero car. We are taking his car in my trailer, the car is in Ft. Worth at Fulcrum now. Headed up there Friday to put the decals on and load up, leaving Monday morning.

I am helping drive the rig there and back and any support he needs. I plan on watching as much as I can and having fun!

DD

I wish I was taking my own car, next year!!

BlueFirePony
09-01-2009, 07:20 PM

I guess I left off some details!

Richard Fekete runs a Subaru in TTU, he lives a couple miles away and is also a Fulcrum Aero car. We are taking his car in my trailer, the car is in Ft. Worth at Fulcrum now. Headed up there Friday to put the decals on and load up, leaving Monday morning.

I am helping drive the rig there and back and any support he needs. I plan on watching as much as I can and having fun!

DD

I wish I was taking my own car, next year!!
Say Hi to Richard for me if you don't mind David. He's a great guy!

I think there's a sumabitchin BIG storm brewin' boss heading toward Utah...Its the Texas AI/CMC/TT Twister!

donovan
09-01-2009, 08:03 PM
I will... it was weird, we meet after he became a Fulcrum customer, we got to talking one time and realized we live about 6-7 miles apart.

Great guy, and his car is a F'n Blast to drive... makes me want to sell the AI car and buy a WRX!!!

DD

AI#97
09-01-2009, 08:08 PM
I will... it was weird, we meet after he became a Fulcrum customer, we got to talking one time and realized we live about 6-7 miles apart.

Great guy, and his car is a F'n Blast to drive... makes me want to sell the AI car and buy a WRX!!!

DD

David...you need to finish building the AI, the AIX SN95 tub, V8 in the miata and probably help Brooks finish his car first!! ;)

Besides, there are a TON of race cars for sale right now...you'd be giving away anything you sold right now so might as well stick with it!

I'd love to have a GTO AI car.....but....maybe in a couple years.

Waco Racer
09-01-2009, 09:45 PM
I'd love to have a GTO AI car.....but....maybe in a couple years.

Me too bro, me too.

edrock96GT
09-01-2009, 09:48 PM

DD

Definitely a great guy. When my trans died, he trailered my car from ECR to my house in Killeen while I drove the WRX! I still can't thank him enough fot that one :)

Tell him hi and good luck from me as well!

GlennCMC70
09-01-2009, 10:08 PM
well i was on track to be ready.
today i learned i'll be flying to New York for a follow-up interview for a local position. i'll be leaving Thrusday and returning Friday. then off to Nats on Sunday.

Saturday is gonnabe a bitch!

Todd Covini
09-02-2009, 09:58 PM
Well...the entry fees are officially in the stratosphere now, so here's who will be representin' Texas as of today:

We're relying on Matt White to carry the AI flag for us.
" " Glenn & David Love to carry the CMC flag.
" " Jeremiah to carry the CMC-2 flag.

First Name Last Name City State Class Make Model
Matt White Plano TX American Iron Ford Mustang
Glenn Landrum Fort Worth TX CMC chevrolet camaro
David Love Pinehurst TX CMC Chevrolet Camaro
Jeremiah Kellam Tomball TX CMC2 Ford Mustang
Tim Konkol Houston TX Factory Five Challenge Factory Five Challenge Series
Jay Matus Pearland TX GTS3 Porsche 996
James Spann Mt. Pleasant TX Legends legends ford
Jay Carley Flower Mound TX PTC Allison Legacy Mazda 3
Ken Scheepers Flower Mound TX PTC Mazda Allison Legacy
Ken Brewer Tomball TX PTF Toyota MR2
Clifton Winkleman Robinson TX Showroom Spec Miata Mazda Miata
Rick Sleeper Keller TX Spec Miata Mazda Miata
Russ Hamilton Coppell TX Spec Miata Mazda Miata
Andrew Rushing Austin TX Spec Miata Mazda Miata
Karl Zimmermann Austin TX Spec Miata Mazda Miata
Ron Farmer Houston TX Super Touring 2 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
Tim Ray Austin TX TTA Chevrolet Corvette
Richard Fekete Austin TX TTS Subaru STi
MICHAEL ZINNA san antonio TX TTU CHEVY CORVETTE ZO6
David Armstrong Missouri City TX TTU Chevrolet Corvette Z06

Bring home a Championship, BOYZ!!!

AI#97
09-02-2009, 11:59 PM
Scrambling to find a koni DA strut tomorrow....

found the top of the right front strut had backed out during the testing session at Cresson and lost the gas. Probably why it wouldn't turn left!

Got a couple back ups in town to borrow from but hopefully I can get a new one here overnight.

I'll do what I can boyz....as I told Burch last year on Grid on Sunday....Get ready for a show!!!!

donovan
09-03-2009, 01:42 AM
Scrambling to find a koni DA strut tomorrow....

found the top of the right front strut had backed out during the testing session at Cresson and lost the gas. Probably why it wouldn't turn left!

Got a couple back ups in town to borrow from but hopefully I can get a new one here overnight.

I'll do what I can boyz....as I told Burch last year on Grid on Sunday....Get ready for a show!!!!

Let me know if you need some help sourcing one or need a loaner, I think Brooks has my old DA's, still in good condition.

DD

AI#97
09-03-2009, 07:28 AM
Let me know if you need some help sourcing one or need a loaner, I think Brooks has my old DA's, still in good condition.

DD

I should know something by 10:30am. Found two other places cheaper than Maximum by 20 bucks a strut....just have to find the place that can put their hands on the strut and KNOW they are going to put it on the truck TODAY!!! Anyone ever bought from LTB Motorsports?

Worst case, if it arrives Monday at my place, I can have my parents receive it and ship it to the track.

Chuck
09-03-2009, 09:44 AM
PPI sells Koni at decent prices, and should be able to a FedEX, if they stock the DA.

http://www.performancepartsinc.com/home.html

Chuck
CMC#14

ShadowBolt
09-03-2009, 09:58 AM
You can't have PST fix it for you? I know I had to send mine off to Koni because it had to have been rebuild once before PST can recharge them.

JJ

Adam Ginsberg
09-03-2009, 10:19 AM
Matt - if they're in SoCal, have them ship it to my house, and I can get it to the track for you.

AI#97
09-03-2009, 10:38 AM
Maximum had it in stock... To my door by 10 am tomorrow with a couple other parts. Should be ok for now. If not, Mosty has some on his car and Daron is a couple blocks from me...

BryanL
09-03-2009, 12:46 PM
Best of luck guys. I'm looking for a CMC/CMC2/AI Texas sweep.

AllZWay
09-03-2009, 01:23 PM

For sure... Good luck to all that make the trip.

Al Fernandez
09-03-2009, 01:38 PM
We'll just DQ anyone that finishes ahead of them. :wink:

AI#97
09-03-2009, 02:41 PM
We'll just DQ anyone that finishes ahead of them. :wink:

<---packing extra beer for Al and Todd!!! ;)

BlueFirePony
09-03-2009, 07:35 PM

That would be awesome! Good luck guys!