PDA

View Full Version : can you watch the Nats anywhere?

crazyamc
09-04-2009, 12:14 PM
Anybody know how or where to get the results or watch live or delayed?

AI#97
09-04-2009, 01:37 PM
speedcastTV is going to charge for access this year.... Links are on the nasaforums.com site

AllZWay
09-04-2009, 03:02 PM
speedcastTV is going to charge for access this year.... Links are on the nasaforums.com site

I saw that... I guess I won't be watching. :roll:

AI#97
09-04-2009, 06:07 PM
Dear NASA Championship competitor,

If you are receiving this email, it's because you are currently registered in a class(es) that are soon to be announced as being part of the live coverage from the NASA Championship.
I wanted to send you this quick email and make sure you understand how your family/friends/sponsors can watch your race live online being that you'll be part of the show.

You should make your way over to www.speedcasttv.com right now so you don't forget at a later point and sign yourself up for a silver membership (which costs $20 for a year).

Once you have your login info, you can email it along with the web address for the main website to your friends and family.
(www.speedcasttv.com).
Tell them to log on shortly before your race and they'll be able to watch you live via the net. The NASA races will be front and center on the screen. It'll be impossible to miss!
Let me re-state this. Your login info will work for all your family and friends! We did this on purpose so each racer could register a single account for themselves, and then send that login info to their friends/family/sponsors.
I've prepared some wording below for a quick email you can prepare and send to whoever you'd like to have watch your race! With that info, they'll be able to watch all of the races live if they want.

Dear ___
I wanted to email you and let you know I'll be competing in the _enter class here_ at the 2009 NASA Championships on Sept _12 or 13 (choose one)_, 2009.
NASA has made it possible this year for you to watch the race live via the internet. If you'd like to follow the race from your computer, here's how.
On Sunday, Sept _12 or 13 (choose one)_ at _enter time here_, go to www.speedcasttv.com.
Enter the username and password I've provided below in the boxes on the top of the screen.
username
password

(TT competitors, your 7th and 9th sessions will be part of the live broadcast so you are part of the action too! Look on the schedule for specific times.) http://www.nasaproracing.com/rules/national/2009/NASA_Nats_2009_Schedule.pdf

Unfortunately, I won't have anytime to answer any questions on this email before you arrive at the event (because I'll be on the road to the Champs), but I'm hoping I was thorough enough in explaining everything for all.

We hope your family and friends enjoy the live coverage that will be offered at the NASA Championships this year and we look forward to seeing you at the event.

Best regards,
Jeremy Croiset
Sponsorship Manager
www.drivenasa.com

Todd Covini
09-04-2009, 08:30 PM
John Lindsey will be the announcer for the AI race...worth the price of admission. :-)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Follow the Exciting Action Live from the 2009 NASA Championships

RICHMOND, CA – September 4, 2009. The National Auto Sport Association (NASA) announced today that the following classes will enjoy live flag to flag coverage during the SpeedcastTV broadcast from the 2009 NASA Championships presented by Toyo Tires at Miller Motorsports Park. Each of the races will also be available on the www.speedcasttv.com website after the event in on-demand format for those that miss the live coverage.

Factory Five Challenge
Honda Challenge 1 & 2

American Iron & American Iron Extreme
Spec Miata

Super Unlimited & Super Touring 1 & 2
944 Spec

German Touring Series 3 and 5
Performance Touring B, C, D

Additionally, fans can catch the seventh round of the Time Trial competition during the live coverage Saturday, September 12th, followed by the ninth Time Trial round on Sunday, September 13th.
To find out what time each race takes place, please visit www.nasaproracing.com for the current schedule with the hours noted in Mountain Standard Time.

In order to follow the 2009 NASA Championships live on SpeedcastTV, fans will need to visit the www.speedcasttv.com website and register for a “Silver Membership” ($19.95) which will allow them to view the live coverage on the SpeedcastTV website. This membership grants access to all the live coverage which will kick off on Saturday, September 12th at 11:00 a.m. MST. To watch the live coverage, simply login at the www.speedcasttv.com website during the live broadcast hours and enjoy the show.

In addition to the live broadcasts of the races, NASA will also have real time results available throughout the 2 days of Championship racing. You can watch the live timing and scoring from the event by visiting www.drivenasa.com/liveresults.

NASA is continually working to bring you more exciting and innovative programs which improve your NASA experience. We hope you enjoy the racing action from the 2009 NASA Championships.

gt40
09-13-2009, 02:57 PM
The speedcast feed is pretty lame, IF you can get it to work. So far:

- I missed the forst 15 minutes of the AI Champ race, then it just started working all on its own.
- Missed all of the GTS race, except for the cool-down lap -- spiffy!
I'm seeing random shots of an empry track, and lots of noise (sounds like the announcewrs are playing catch with their microphones and dropping 'em a lot.)
- The director sucks -- lots of shots of cars running by themselves when the announcers are talking about a battle elsewhere on the track.
- Bad camera work -- too tight shots, shaky shots, etc...)

If I'd paid for this, I'd be asking for a refund...

gt40
09-13-2009, 03:38 PM
Soungs like the announcer is YAWNING during the Performance Touring race!

marshall_mosty
09-13-2009, 07:48 PM
Robert,
I didn't have any issues with the feed except for a couple stalls mid way through. It isn't SPEED Channel, so I was actually pretty impressed. They got all the important stuff and even talked about MFW for about 1/2 a lap showing a feed of his car the entire way. Talked about how he's a big mod motor proponent and all the others are just "Pushrod Pansies..." thought it was pretty nice.

Better than the live timing and scoring.

nasa-rm
09-16-2009, 11:13 AM
Sounds like the live feed at trackside worked out better than the internet. Same coverage, just didn't go kaput.

It was very cool to be able to hang out in my RV at the track (or the garages, club house, etc) and be able to watch the races happening.

AI#97
09-16-2009, 12:37 PM
Sounds like the live feed at trackside worked out better than the internet. Same coverage, just didn't go kaput.

It was very cool to be able to hang out in my RV at the track (or the garages, club house, etc) and be able to watch the races happening.

Dave, were they going to archive the race day footage or just incorporate it into the final production?! I love to hear people talking about me....especially when it's GOOD!!! LOL!!!!

nasa-rm
09-16-2009, 01:31 PM
They will take the broadcast feed (i.e. JWL and Lepper) and put it over the top of what was recorded. I don't know if they will do it as directed live or remix the camera feeds.

MFW - You need to update your signature to reflect 2010.

AllZWay
09-16-2009, 01:41 PM
Robert,
I didn't have any issues with the feed except for a couple stalls mid way through. It isn't SPEED Channel, so I was actually pretty impressed. They got all the important stuff and even talked about MFW for about 1/2 a lap showing a feed of his car the entire way. Talked about how he's a big mod motor proponent and all the others are just "Pushrod Pansies..." thought it was pretty nice.

They also talked about how good the car sounded....and loud. We can all agree with that. :lol:

AI#97
09-16-2009, 05:01 PM
Robert,

They also talked about how good the car sounded....and loud. We can all agree with that. :lol:

Loud is fast right?!

DB....fixed the sig! ;)