PDA

View Full Version : Nationals Bound '09

jeremiahkellam
09-07-2009, 06:09 PM
Nationals bound ’09 – Trip diary

Day 1 – Sept 7, 2009
I had drove up to College Station the night before, so we left from CS at 7:15am
We made good time and hit OK by 11am. We stopped in Ardmore, OK for fuel and my Dad got behind the wheel. About 5 miles down the road the trailer developed a nasty whip that had us both puckering up. We pulled off, reset the hitch, and we were on our way. It was much better this time. About another 10 miles down the road we hit road work that 35 down to one lane. We tried a detour, not sure if it was the best thing to do, but oh well… another 20 min lost…. And of course all those Sooners headed home after the game had to have a wreck… 30 more minutes…
We finally got out of OK at 4pm and into Kansas. I have to say, Kansas and Colorado have some of the nicest roads I’ve ever driven on. We made a stop around 10pm to load up on coffee, Redbull and 5 hr energy and we were set to go. We made it to the north side of Denver at 1am. Bed time……

Day 2 – Sept 8, 2009
I think I got maybe 3 hrs of sleep, but by 6am, I was up. We had scoped out a Starbucks the night before and parked in their parking lot overnight, so I just rolled out of the truck and straight in for my coffee. I found the trailer brake light were not working, fixed that up in a few minutes. We were on the road by 6:30am
We hit Wyoming at 7:30am, hung a left in Cheyenne and started towards Utah. Wyoming has been the worst part of the drive. Partly because we are tired, the other being that we have to drive all the way across a state that’s looks the same no matter where you are.
2:15pm – My wife just called from Salt Lake. She flew up and is getting our rent house in order, groceries and supplies, she even has the hot tub warming up, SHE ROCKS!!!
2:25pm – We just passed into Utah… 80 miles to go!!!

3:15 – the decent into SLC was a little hairy, lots of labor day traffic.
4:15 – We’re here!!!

Gone crash for the evening. We will be heading to the track early tomorrow to set up shop.

AI#97
09-07-2009, 09:32 PM
left plano at 4:35 Monday morning. Nearly lost a trailer tire near dalhart, found a new one in Clayton, NM. Arrived Cheyenne around 8:15pm Dallas time. Pretty uneventful overall and thanks to those that have allowed me to bug them on the phone to stay busy.

Leaving cheyenne at 5 am and arrive Tooele by noon....I hope! :)

Jeremy Gunter
09-07-2009, 09:36 PM
Day 2 – Sept 8, 2009

No wonder this rookie is so fast, he knows what's gonna happen a day in advance... :twisted:

Everyone have safe travels! Keep us posted, we are all curious...

AllZWay
09-07-2009, 09:56 PM
Go get'em dudes.

michaelmosty
09-07-2009, 10:46 PM
Jeremiah, you gonna have the victory party at the rent house Sat. night?? :D

jeffburch
09-08-2009, 07:03 AM
We slept in a rest area east of Rawlings, Wy.
Al's trailer lost 2 tires.
Glenn lost one.
We hit wm for more in Denver.
Should be @ mmp b4 noon.
Jb

jeremiahkellam
09-08-2009, 07:59 AM
Day 2 – Sept 8, 2009

No wonder this rookie is so fast, he knows what's gonna happen a day in advance... :twisted:

Everyone have safe travels! Keep us posted, we are all curious...

Eh.. Long drive....

Matt - if you cant make it by your dyno time, mine is at 4pm and I will trade you. Let me know 713-545-5775

gt40
09-08-2009, 10:18 AM
damn I'm going to miss being up there with your guys. This is the first year I haven't been an official at 'Nats. I've thrown the checker at every AI, AIX, and CMC championship race. Think of me when you see it being thrown by a stranger. :cry: