PDA

View Full Version : Needed: Gas pedal for 4th gen

RichardP
09-16-2009, 10:21 AM
Anyone have or know of a fourth gen Camaro tub that's no longer in need of its gas pedal assembly?

The one in the orange thing got torn apart and the zip tie/duct tape repair is not garnering rave reviews from the overly picky driver… :)

I'm trying to prep the car for an event on Sept. 25th so time is getting a little short.

Thanks,
Richard P.

mitchntx
09-16-2009, 10:23 AM
You need the metal arm or the plastic pedal?

RichardP
09-16-2009, 10:34 AM
You need the mechanism or the plastic pedal?

The plastic pedal was torn off of the arm. This significantly distorted the plastic part and broke the pin that holds it to the arm. So I guess I need the mechanism.

Thanks,
Richard P.

mitchntx
09-16-2009, 10:38 AM
Wow! you broke the pin? Damn ... the car will only go so fast. :lol:

I have an arm/pin/pedal combo from a burn car. Its straight, but the pedal is melted around the pin and spring.

Fbody383
09-16-2009, 11:36 AM
You need the mechanism or the plastic pedal?

The plastic pedal was torn off of the arm. This significantly distorted the plastic part and broke the pin that holds it to the arm. So I guess I need the mechanism.

Thanks,
Richard P.

RP i've got an automatic pedal assembly... and i'm close. Will only cost you some advice.

RichardP
09-16-2009, 12:27 PM
RP i've got an automatic pedal assembly... and i'm close. Will only cost you some advice.

Awww, man. I was thinking that trying to make Mitch's melted pedal work was going to be fun. :D

Anyway, that would be great. I'm happy to give out advice. I'm not sure I have any good advice, though. :D

Let me know how you want to work it. I can come get it. I have both cars at the house if you would rather stop by and check them out.

Thanks,
Richard P.