PDA

View Full Version : N'er mind: 4 session RA1s/888s in size 18?

BlueFirePony
09-18-2009, 07:36 AM
If I am going to make ECR I need to find a great deal on tires for BlueFire
My last set might last practice/qual but that's about it.
If someone has a set that would last the weekend let me know - I just can't swing a lot of spend right now.

I know everyone in Texas is running 17s or smaller so probably a long shot but I figured I'd check.

Brian

Update: Going to pull a set of Khumo's out of storage for my sone to run in DE and I have a set of thin Hoosiers and/or RA1s that will last a day (I think). I'll worry about new tires next year.

Al Fernandez
09-18-2009, 12:03 PM
I have four 275x17s 888s that will physically last the weekend, but have no grip. As you know, the 888s are used up well before the tread is gone. You can have them. Just let me know if you want me to bring them.

BlueFirePony
09-18-2009, 04:09 PM
Thanks Al.
If I can find a set of wheels that clear my brakes I might take you up on it. I don't have my stock brakes handy and I am only aware of 1 model of wheels that have the clearance for those brakes.
I'll let you know.

Rob Liebbe
09-19-2009, 05:04 PM
Run AIX and bring any tire you can find.

AI#97
09-19-2009, 06:19 PM
what wheel do you need for the 17's...? I have a couple Cobra R's you can borrow.

Also, a note about nationals. The top 5 or more cars were all running 18's...except me. Damn AI is getting expensive! LOL!!!

BlueFirePony
09-20-2009, 07:48 PM
Run AIX and bring any tire you can find.
Now there's any idea!

what wheel do you need for the 17's...? I have a couple Cobra R's you can borrow.

Also, a note about nationals. The top 5 or more cars were all running 18's...except me. Damn AI is getting expensive! LOL!!!
I can't recall the spacing but I tried 6 or 7 different size17 wheels over a couple weekends at NTB and nothing fit.
I think I might try to track down my stock brakes and then I'll get back to you.