PDA

View Full Version : Completed Mid year re-dyno

AI#97
06-02-2006, 09:00 PM
After the last event and what felt like a big loss of power, I went over the motor and decided to redyno to verify a few things....

1. That the motor had not finally loosened up and gained power....
2. That the motor might be hurt after running so hot and lost power....

Well, the new results are in....310/326....time for some serious weight loss. JG was there as an unofficial witness but I was 100 lbs heavy, so now I am almost 215#'s heavy....time to get creative....how much does paint weigh? Did the lexan last weekend so maybe I am only 170# over?! :wink:

Anyway, just keeping things out in the open and above the table! I will still probably be slow? :P

chicane23
06-02-2006, 09:49 PM
Matt W. is the man!

I have always had great respect for Matt and now have even more!
Matt is a person that wants to win each race but do it legally.

Matt invited a competitor to witness the re-dyno that he did not need to do and that is huge in my book.

I think that shows true sportsmanship.

AI#97
06-03-2006, 01:48 PM
Matt W. is the man!

Matt invited a competitor to witness the re-dyno that he did not need to do and that is huge in my book.

Well, don't let me head inflate any more than it already is but I think this is proof that power isn't the key to winning races....driver, car prep and staying on course are the keys!

chicane23
06-03-2006, 06:43 PM
Hey, your winning streak is over my friend! ;-)

The car is now in my hands and will be ready for Hallett.

Todd Covini
06-10-2006, 09:24 PM
Matt W. is the man!

Awesome, Matt!!! Not everyone has been willing to do this in the past and hope you accomplish your goals!!!

-=- Todd

AI#97
06-14-2006, 08:43 AM
...and hope you accomplish your goals!!!

-=- Todd

Well, I did find out I was making decent power on only 7 cylinders! ;)

Beware you weenies! The beast mod motor is going back together next week with some new goodies! :P

donovan
06-14-2006, 08:58 AM

Yeah, and I was running on 6... :)

Beware you weenies! :P

I'm not scared of you... :P Bring it on... maybe then I might have a reason to install the 331 stroker... probably not. :twisted:

AI#97
06-14-2006, 12:24 PM

Yeah, and I was running on 6... :)

Beware you weenies! :P

I'm not scared of you... :P Bring it on... maybe then I might have a reason to install the 331 stroker... probably not. :twisted:

You are a lot closer to your minimum weight than I am! Even if I get the power back, I will still be 130lbs heavy! We shall see how things play in August with more power and a few more aero tweaks! :wink: I will see if I can WING it'! :wink:

mitchntx
06-14-2006, 12:31 PM
Don't foget about spinners and neon lights ....

AI#97
06-14-2006, 03:17 PM
Don't foget about spinners and neon lights ....

Hmmmm, Landing lights? I like that idea! AI 97 needs some more bling! :lol:

donovan
06-14-2006, 03:53 PM
Well, there is no chance for an engine change in my car... no $$$, but I do plan on dropping some free weight... about 50-60 lbs worth...

I'm currenlty 315 overweight!!!