PDA

View Full Version : Got it covered: Seat and harness for passenger/instructor

BlueFirePony
09-23-2009, 07:32 AM
So, I am looking to split time in BlueFirePony with my son. Plan is for him to get his comp license next year and then we'll figure out the car situation. We are looking to get started with ECR.

So, I need a passenger seat, mounts and harness - btw, it very well could be one of you in that seat, so this is in your best interest! ;)

Want to make the instructor comfy for less than $400 (this is his spend and he's a college student so this is coming out of his starbuck's budget ;) - any leads!?

AJ? I know you are out there...make a brother a deal!

Update:
Got it covered. Thanks to everyone for their input

gt40
09-23-2009, 09:52 AM
I used a Cobra Monaco seat with a mount from Sube' Motorsports for years, along with a G-Force harness. This is a pretty inexpensive setup.

Note: While the Monaco is FIA-approved (or, it was when I bought mine years ago,) you still have to use a seat-back brace unless the seat is mojnted in an FIA-approved manner.

(I dunno if this NASA rule applies for passenger seats, but I wouldn't want my passenger in anything less safe than the driver's seat.)

BlueFirePony
09-23-2009, 12:37 PM
Thanks Robert...now about that help with wrenching on the car ;)
I am trying to change my schedule so I am back on Friday AM instead of 2AM Saturday so I can work on some things...one of those is the seat back brace as a matter of fact.
When are you heading to the track? Might just load the car up and ask for help when I get there.

gt40
09-23-2009, 01:01 PM
Thanks Robert...now about that help with wrenching on the car ;)
I am trying to change my schedule so I am back on Friday AM instead of 2AM Saturday so I can work on some things...one of those is the seat back brace as a matter of fact.
When are you heading to the track? Might just load the car up and ask for help when I get there.I HOPE to be at the track sometime Friday afternoon. My plan is to hook up with the College Station folks as they drive up and pit with them. Misty Cain and Sam Crumpacker are both running AIX and I'm hoping we can pit as a group.