PDA

View Full Version : Rookie "R's"

jeremiahkellam
09-23-2009, 08:27 PM
I removed all evidence of "A rookie drives this car, go ahead a push me around" before going to Nats.
Do I really need to put them back on, will I get DQ'd or be omitted from ROTY standings??

GlennCMC70
09-23-2009, 08:40 PM
if you have run the required number of races, you do not need to run them.

from the CCR:
13.2 Rookie Status
Any NASA Provisional License holder is defined as a “Rookie,” and will remain so until
they have finished eight ( 8 ) races without significant incident. Additionally, the Race
Director may place any driver on Rookie status. Rookie status is simply a designation,
and implies no punitive reflections or consequences. A Provisional License holder that
fulfills the requirements, and receives a competition license, may still carry the “Rookie”
title, as defined by this section. A driver on Rookie status must comply with all of the
following (sections 13.2.1 and 13.2.2).
13.2.1 Rookie Marks
The driver must display the letter “R” (legibly) next to their car numbers on each side,
and on the rear, of the car. The “R” on each side, and the rear shall be three inches (3”)
high. The Rookie mark (“R”) must remain on the car for at least eight ( 8 ) races, and may
only be removed with the permission of the Race Director (or appointee).
13.2.2 Rookie Plate
Drivers with less than eight ( 8 ) races must mark the rear of their vehicle with a bright
orange mark. The mark must be clearly visible to other cars while on track and shall be
at least forty eight ( 48 ) square inches. The Rookie plate may be removed with the
approval of the Race Director after the driver has finished eight ( 8 ) races without
significant incident.

BlueFirePony
09-23-2009, 09:03 PM
2 more races for me......glad there isn't a time limit...I'd probably be a rookie forever ;)

David Love AI27
09-23-2009, 10:00 PM
I removed all evidence of "A rookie drives this car, go ahead a push me around" before going to Nats.
Do I really need to put them back on, will I get DQ'd or be omitted from ROTY standings??

Us old guys know a rookie when we see 'em...

You are NO ROOKIE my friend...

jeremiahkellam
09-24-2009, 07:46 AM
"May only be removed with the permission of the race Director..."

So... yes or no???

Waco Racer
09-24-2009, 07:53 AM
You're good to go. You did miss out on the "remove the 'R' ceremony". So, don't be surprised if your group finds other ways to haze, er um I mean congratulate you.

mitchntx
09-24-2009, 07:55 AM
"May only be removed with the permission of the race Director..."

So... yes or no???

If you read the whole rule it says "must" in a lot of places.

Your above quote concerns once you meet the 8 race minimum, you can only then remove them after being granted permission.

Don't ask how I know this ... :roll:

As one of you competitors, I have no problem with you running as is.

jeremiahkellam
09-24-2009, 09:15 AM
You're good to go. You did miss out on the "remove the 'R' ceremony". So, don't be surprised if your group finds other ways to haze, er um I mean congratulate you.

Thanks

Fbody383
09-24-2009, 02:33 PM

So uh, Mitch ole buddy...

You want to broaden that recommendation a little?

mitchntx
09-24-2009, 04:56 PM
Do I know you?

AI#97
09-24-2009, 05:31 PM

So uh, Mitch ole buddy...

You want to broaden that recommendation a little?

I thought Glenn removed yours at Cresson when he was checkin' out your rear end?

Alien
09-24-2009, 08:38 PM
And I'm pretty sure I removed the one on the passenger door.

2 down, 1 to go!

BlueFirePony
09-25-2009, 07:59 AM

2 down, 1 to go!
I'll take that one...maybe I can do it right after I pass the checkered of my second race and take all 4 of mine off in the same move - or do I actually have to make it back to the pit w/o incident for that to work?
:twisted:

Fbody383
09-25-2009, 03:27 PM
Do I know you?
Yeah, but I lost the warranty claim card on the "one-hundred percent guaranteed" engine. << insert Fast Times reference here >>

2 down, 1 to go!

Nope, just the door; I need to learn to stay out you and Glenn's way.

I'll take that one...maybe I can do it right after I pass the checkered of my second race and take all 4 of mine off in the same move - or do I actually have to make it back to the pit w/o incident for that to work?

Ah come on now... I need money for a REAL engine not a paint job. However, if there is, unfortunately, unavoidable racing related contact, I can sell you a Body Contact Form. Unfortunately, I've filled a couple out already this year.

Besides, I have the "super secret" Da Man spring set up and an MFW parts sourced right door, the darn thing may just spin to the left now.

I'll just leave 'em on.