PDA

View Full Version : LT1 into a 3rd gen

Hood
09-25-2009, 08:15 AM
I know this has been discussed before in small groups in the garages but is there a way to lobby a rules change to allow the LT1/T56 package to be used in a 3rd gen f-body for CMC-2? I am trying to get the car ready for the deuce and am about to start the engine build. I would REALLY like to use the LT1 package without having to buy a 4th gen and start all over. Anybody? I don't think there would be ANY advantage over the 4th gen car by allowing this.

GlennCMC70
09-25-2009, 08:24 AM
I know this has been discussed before in small groups in the garages but is there a way to lobby a rules change to allow the LT1/T56 package to be used in a 3rd gen f-body for CMC-2? I am trying to get the car ready for the deuce and am about to start the engine build. I would REALLY like to use the LT1 package without having to buy a 4th gen and start all over. Anybody? I don't think there would be ANY advantage over the 4th gen car by allowing this.

its being kicked around already. but for now we have testing underway w/ the 305 TPI. if it was me, i would sit fast for as long as you can. run CMC for another year.

jeffburch
09-25-2009, 10:11 AM
Since -2 numbers are based on this engine and not true engines of the modern era maybe it should be allowed in all platforms. Fords included.
"LT1 Challenge"

Jb

GlennCMC70
09-25-2009, 10:27 AM
Since -2 numbers are based on this engine and not true engines of the modern era maybe it should be allowed in all platforms. Fords included.
"LT1 Challenge"

Jb

and you assume all 3rd gen guys want to put a LT1 in thier car.

David Love AI27
09-25-2009, 11:16 AM

STAY FOCUSED!! You have a perfectly good CMC car leave it alone!!! Spend your "this money is burning a hole in my pocket" cash on some good tires or on your other cars..... for the amount of money you would spend to "upgrade" that car you could buy my carbed '85 Camaro and build a CMC2 car to spec...