PDA

View Full Version : Seat back brace - need help

BlueFirePony
09-25-2009, 09:25 PM
OK, besides my concern about drilling holes into an FIA certified seat making it no longer FIA certified I could use some expert advice/help.

Anyone have any tips for doing this right the first time properly - and quickly?

I am trying to change my flight so I can hopefully get to the track late Friday afternoon and get this, and the normal stuff (brakes, oil, etc.) done so my son can have a full day - appreciate any help!

Actually, since I have to put one on the passenger seat as well that really means I need to do this fast and right the first time...twice! Did I say I need help?

Also, since I just remembered I need to get a brace for the passenger side any suggestions..I seem to remember someone outlining how to fab one easily but I won't have those tools on the flight with me so I probably need to buy something...the one I have seems decent (IO port or something I think).

David Love AI27
09-25-2009, 10:07 PM
Seat back brace for the passenger seat is not "required" that I know of... However, I put a brace up against a momo seat without actually attaching it to the seat... it will prevent the seat from "falling back" in the case of rear impact...

AI#97
09-26-2009, 05:28 AM
Re-read the rules...I believe FIA rated seats do not require seat back braces....as long as the bottom brace is correct.....

BlueFirePony
09-26-2009, 09:50 AM
Re-read the rules...I believe FIA rated seats do not require seat back braces....as long as the bottom brace is correct.....
OK, started a seperate ROTD thread so you all can school me better on the rules. Thought I read it pretty well - maybe not.
When you are talking about the bottom brace are you meaning the seat mounts? I don't got nothing else down there holding the seat?!

AI#97
09-26-2009, 07:51 PM
OK, started a seperate ROTD thread so you all can school me better on the rules. Thought I read it pretty well - maybe not.
When you are talking about the bottom brace are you meaning the seat mounts? I don't got nothing else down there holding the seat?!

YEs....brackets, mounts....whatever is bolting your butt to the floor.