PDA

View Full Version : ECR Update Puhleaze...

Todd Covini
10-03-2009, 03:54 PM
No live timing...
No Speedcast...
No results...

Wishing I was there...help a brother out and let us know what's happenin'!

Shortcutsleeping
10-03-2009, 05:47 PM
There were broken cars that got put on trailers, broken cars that got fixed and some cars didnt break at all!

Costas
cars and such...

jeffburch
10-03-2009, 08:04 PM
Adrians facebook says she's "cold/wet"

Jb

gt40
10-03-2009, 08:33 PM
I think I'm channeling Adam G. -- Lots if spins today. Going to soften the rear tomorrow to see if I can get it to sick better.

marshall_mosty
10-03-2009, 09:16 PM
The highlights (and lowlights) that I'm aware of...

Frank R. lost his motor during Friday practice day. Jeremy G. got his second CMC-2 win in R1 Saturday. Michael lost a muffler while in the lead during R1 Saturday and got the meatball flag. Rob and Glenn fought for the CMC win. I believe Rob edged Glenn out for the R1 win. During the R2 invert, Michael had CMC pole and Glenn edged him out on lap #2. Michael fought to regain the lead, only to spin on the last corner of the last lap after having to put 2-off due to Glenn squeezing the line down in a defensive move. Jay Jordan almost pulled off his first win in R2 only to lockup the brakes and having some minor tire/tire contact with James proctor going into the last hairpin. James was the victor, as Jay gave the win to James. The new "Team Jordan" '03 Mustang received it's first "booboo". Nothing a few zip ties and some pounding can't take care of. Team DownUnder went uncontested in AI as the only entry. AIX is populated by Robert King, Misty Cain, and David Love and had some good racing as well. Misty is running for a free set of Hoosiers.

Wirtz
10-04-2009, 05:31 AM
Just a few additions to what Marshall said;

Seemed like alot of guys were talking brakes. Al chewed up a set of front pads and I think popped a piston out of a caliper and did not make either race. Some long pedals and hurt disks on some other cars. The Loves had something go wrong in the trans in R1, and Nick V had a spare at the track. They were able to pull off a swap and make R2. I think Mr Costas had a hand in making tha happen, probably some other as well. I didn't see it all. Very cool I thought.

The food on Saturday night was, as you would expect, amazing! So much good stuff. Seemed like alot of folks were involved, so I will not try to name names, but thank you all! The rain started right after the racing, so folks dragged about 5 or 6 canopies and put them all together to make a tent city. Good times and some fun stories. I hope the weather goes easy on everyone Sunday.

crazyamc
10-04-2009, 07:21 AM
I'm Ken Caudle, ala crazyAMC, and I want to thank everybody for talking and welcoming me at ECR yesterday..Glenn, Matt, Misty, Al, Rob, and many others that I cannot remember your names, sorry!! Please be patient with me on names..Great racing, well run and organized, {seemed to be to me , anyway,} but most important of all, FUN and FRIENDLY!! Yes, I going to build an all AMC AI car..you know the story, "Why climb the mountain when you can have a helicopter drop you off at the summitt? for less money?" It's the challenge!! Looking forward to all of it and getting to know all of ya'll better. Thanks again, Ken

Todd Covini
10-04-2009, 01:00 PM
Welcome, Ken! That's what it's all about...you summed it up.
I'll see you at a future event.

Hmmm...will have to talk to Mr. Fernandez. Quite suprised that his "indestructible brake setup" failed him and caused a couple DNS's.

Maybe we need to rethink that setup.... :wink:
<<ZING>>

-=- Todd

PS- Thanks for the updates guys....Liebbe givin' the National Champion a run for his money, huh!?!?! (Shoulda had that Texas flag car at the Championships.)

michaelmosty
10-04-2009, 09:06 PM
Just to clearify what Marshall said: Glenn didn't squeeze me down in R2, I just ran out of talent. :lol:
I was trying any line I could to get by Glenn and on the last turn of the last lap I went down to 2nd gear exiting T11 and had a great run on Glenn. I grabbed third just as I was making the turn and the car let loose. If it had stuck it would have been a great drag race down the straight towards the checker.

Glenn ran a flawless weekend, and if calculations are correct, overcame my 17 point lead to take 2nd place in season points. Awesome driving Glenn, we'll do it again next year!!!

David Love AI27
10-04-2009, 10:57 PM
One word: INSANE!! :twisted: :twisted:

Practice: Jay was a little upset about being 10 sec off pace..

Qual: faster

R1: looked quick but lost it in 3/4, Came back and ran some clean smooth laps, Came off track on white flag lap... I ran all the way down the hill (I gotta quit smoking) Find jason with head in hands and first thing out of his mouth was "sorry", "for what?" "l Broke the transmission"... Crap! new tranny at the house, aquire transmission, (more details later). R&R tranny with damn near an hour to spare :shock: :shock: too many people to thank...

R2 I drive, Jason had lost confidence :( Its really too bad cuz he was doing a great job. After spinning 3 or 4 times, one backing the car into a dirt wall... it was time for eats...

Family gathering: Ate, took a nap, got up after everybody was good and drunk, joined in on the partaking rum and fun, lost Jason, found Jason... again, too many people to thank...

Sunday
It rained all night and all day, full set of wets, AT THE F*NG HOUSE

Qual: For WHAT?? rainin and I'm on slicks :shock: besides I only had 8 gal of gas for the rest of the day

R3 Would have made Adam proud... too many spins to count
R4 more of the same Start P2... not for long,
Loaded up... home by 9:30 :shock:
Did I say INSANE?!? IS IT OVER YET??

BlueFirePony
10-04-2009, 11:48 PM
Sat. - Spent most of the day watching my son Kyri take the pony out in DE - first time he's been in the car since I converted it to a race car - he did real good - he was very tentative with the car though - he'll get over that soon enough :)
Hopefully we'll have him out in AI/CMC in late 2010 or 2011.

Awesome races on Saturday - my family came out and really enjoyed the great action...definately wish I had planned better and was able to enjoy that great Saturday action on track!

Did I hear track record?

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the party - food, fixin's, drinks (damn that tequila) and conversation. That was a heck of a spread we put on and definately worth doing again. I ate at least one of EVERYTHING and drank 3 (or more) of everything that came near me - and it was all great!

Sun. - Street tires + wet track + not enough seat time = Too many spins...that about sums it up for me. Had fun but would have been better if I did not punctuate so may sessions with playing in the mud.

The car was crazy good under braking, would turn in fine often enough and I could drive through the turn with variable throttle but it was just plain evil on corner exit.

Founded a new series though...Ponycar Mud Runnin' - got lots of practice at that. :oops:
Sprayed at least 200lbs of mud off the car...everything from the front axle forward was completely caked in mud and the rear sway bar could not be seen for the first several minutes of spraying.

In hindsight I definately was overdriving the car too much given what was underneath and that accounted for most of the slips and spins. I did manage to get control of that last one and keep it on track at least :roll:
Had a few good runs in there...just could not put together consistent laps.

Congrats to everyone for a great year and I am really looking forward to next year!

Jeremy Gunter
10-05-2009, 12:09 AM
intense, challenging, slippery, and most of all a shit load of fun...

I love this stuff!!!! :oops:

:D :D :D :D :D

Crumpacker
10-05-2009, 01:54 AM
Damn that was fun! I couldnt have asked for more in my first full weekend of racing with you guys!!! 4 great races in varying weather conditions, close racing and excitement all around me (video to come). I had some great battles within the AIX field and even played with some "lonely" CMC/CMC2 guys.

I'm really looking forward to next season; a few small changes to the car + alot more power and the creamsicle will be gridding up with the CMC2 crowd. :wink:

. AIX is populated by Robert King, Misty Cain, and David Love and had some good racing as well.

You forgot the guy that pulled MAX points in AIX this weekend. 8)

marshall_mosty
10-05-2009, 05:52 AM
. AIX is populated by Robert King, Misty Cain, and David Love and had some good racing as well.

You forgot the guy that pulled MAX points in AIX this weekend. 8)

Sorry to forget you Sam!!

ShadowBolt
10-05-2009, 08:05 AM
Sorry I have to toot my own horn but after Jay led every lap in R2 only to lock up the brakes and give it to James in the last corner I got a second also in R3. Never thought I was much of a rain driver but I kept the pressure on JP the whole race and he almost gave it to me several times. That dirt track history served him well in the rain. We got a green white checker (thanks to Clifton and Al). I would have been fine without it but it sure made a lot of drama. The restart was a bitch. I got a bad start and the rookies were coming fast. The 22 was coming on my right and the 18 was on the left. I made a move to the right to cut off the 22 only top have him put two off and so he was toast. We entered t1 three wide. Then the 18 passed me going into t1 only to go full lock in t2. I shot past him and went after the 28. I guess James won three out of the four races.

JJ

NickV
10-05-2009, 08:11 AM
Had some fuel problems on Saturday which ended both races for me early. Ended up having crap clogging the fuel filter :? Cleared it all out, and

Sunday had a good R1 in the wet. R2 in the wet was even better, as I took 3rd place behind Da Man and Da Liebbe :D The car felt solid all day after the fuel issue was solved, and I just ran the crap out of it, keeping Mosty at bay behind me.

Really looking forward to next year. I've got some things to do to the car, and I'm planning on actually making it to more than 3 events during a season :D

ShadowBolt
10-05-2009, 08:15 AM
Had some fuel problems on Saturday which ended both races for me early. Ended up having crap clogging the fuel filter :? Cleared it all out, and

Sunday had a good R1 in the wet. R2 in the wet was even better, as I took 3rd place behind Da Man and Da Liebbe :D The car felt solid all day after the fuel issue was solved, and I just ran the crap out of it, keeping Mosty at bay behind me.

Really looking forward to next year. I've got some things to do to the car, and I'm planning on actually making it to more than 3 events during a season :D

Great job Nick!

JJ

AllZWay
10-05-2009, 08:39 AM
Great job Nick!

JJ

Yep...Congrats Nick... I didn't realize that you had your first podium until after I got home and looked at the results.

I had a blast this weekend. The rain really helped my chances this weekend. Those three Moostangs were killing me on Saturday. If not for a small mistake from Jay on the last turn of the last lap...he would have had his first win.

And Jerry applied WAY TOO much pressure on me in the first rain race.....the dirt tracking probably did help some on Sunday...the track was very slick.

I am going to have to make some changes this winter just to keep pace with the Moostangs and those yahoos that are moving to the duece next year.

jeremiahkellam
10-05-2009, 08:58 AM
What a year!!!

I'd like to thank my dad for being there to help out every step of the way. With all the problems we had to work through, I could not have done it without his help. Thank You!

If it were not for Jeremy, I don't think I would have improved as much as I did this year. It was fun, I'm looking foward to the sophmore year battle...

ECR was a good weekend all around. I tip my hat to Jerry and Jay for their drives, way to go! James, well you're just a freak of nature in the wet. :wink:

And another big thanks for the food and festivities Sat night. The rain couldn't hold us back!

See ya'll next season.

BEWARE OF THE SN95's!!!

Rob Liebbe
10-05-2009, 09:42 AM
What a great year. I remember sitting in my car on grid at
ECR last October and being pretty down because I thought my old Fox body Mustang was holding me back and would never be competitive. What a difference a year makes!!!!! With a well applied rule change for minimum wiehgts and the development of the Poor Man's 3-Link in the Mustangs, this year just couldn't have been better in CMC. The result was great racing in CMC1. The only problem is that you just can't rule change around extreme driver and prep skills. This is where the difference is. Wirtz, Landrum, Burch, and Mosty are all very good at it, I'm getting a little better.

Recent updates, repairs to my car include solid motor mounts, new panhard bar, improved brake ducting, and brake bias adjuster in the cab now.

My ECR 2009 weekend included qualifying second both times, winning Race 1 in what is being described as "The Race of the Year" including 6 leader changes between Glenn and myself, Race 2 second place after Michael spun on the last corner, Race 3 second place behind Glenn in the wet, Race 4 was a second place repeat of Race 3. I never had to work on the car and nothing broke causing a DNF.

Video will be downloaded.

I feel a lot better this October. Thanks to the entire AI/CMC group for the best racing and fun in the country.

AllZWay
10-05-2009, 09:54 AM
Also... Thanks to Brian Calder and Dr. Frank for all their hard work on the cooking. And Thanks to Dr. Frank for just hanging around after his car broke and had no real reason to stick around.

Congrats to all the rookies for outstanding seasons. Next year will be a tough one but guaranteed to be a fun one.

Jeremy Gunter
10-05-2009, 10:06 AM
Well since we are wrapping up the season... Thanks to the Mosty's for storing my car, picking me of from the airport, finding parts, using spares, packing bearings, building my car, etc.... But I must give a HUGE thanks to Michael Mosty and Matt White. I would not have raced most of the season if it hadn't been for those two... They are great coaches, amazing mechanics, and just all around awesome guys!

This season was NUTS! lots of stuff blowing up, problems to be found, learning to drive, but I couldn't have asked for a better season! Jeremiah, I have the same feeling about you, I had to push every lap to keep up with you... I had a blast battling with the Deuces. Next year will be the same, more battles, more learning, more problems, more fun!!

ECR was some great racing in CMC2. I even got to race a little with Darren in his AI car. Jeremiah was a new driver after nationals! The Jordans showed up with a vengence and Proctor is still an amazing driver... I had a good weekend, even with some bald 888s. I guess I will discover the RA1 hype next season. I had a great weekend, got non-inverted win, a second behind Proctor, a third, and a fourth... All in all, the weekend was awesome!

Rob Liebbe
10-05-2009, 10:11 AM
Jeremy - PLEASE change your avatar - it's making me ill. :roll:

cobra132
10-05-2009, 12:54 PM
Distroyed engine on Friday. Watched some excellent racing, ate and drank to much on Saturday. Limped home on Sunday. Oh well, better luck next year. FMR

cjlmlml
10-05-2009, 12:57 PM

+1

David Love AI27
10-05-2009, 01:04 PM

+1

for some reason I believe his response is gonna be "blow it out your ass"

just a guess...

BlueFirePony
10-05-2009, 01:18 PM
ate and drank to much on Saturday
Not to mention cooked some excellent raspberry pork loins and told some :shock: interesing stories...what do apples, lightbulbs and a bottle of Brut have in common?

David Love AI27
10-05-2009, 01:22 PM
Not to mention cooked some excellent raspberry pork loins and told some :shock: interesing stories...what do apples, lightbulbs and a bottle of Brut have in common?

for some reason I believe the response is gonna be "blow it out your ass"

just a guess...

ShadowBolt
10-05-2009, 01:26 PM

Just a guess that these are all items Frank told you they have see people come into the ER with up their rear. Just a guess as I did not hear the story.

JJ

AllZWay
10-05-2009, 01:29 PM

Just a guess that these are all items Frank told you they have see people come into the ER with up their rear. Just a guess as I did not hear the story.

JJ

We should have gotten Kendra down there to add to these type of stories from when she was an ER nurse...

Think fishing worms, corona bottles, and things that buzzz. :shock:

Fbody383
10-05-2009, 01:38 PM

<<rasies hand>> OOOhh OOOhhh I know... I guess ya'll need to come back next year. HINT: Brink some sipping tequila for the #132 pilot.

Saturday was a hoot thanks to early Christmas gifts from Prof. Mosty. Started the party early not expecting to run Sunday with "thin to win" RA1s and no friction material on the outer front pads. :shock: Another hat tip to the Doc for getting me back to tech to get weighed.

Well, the vets talked me into running Sunday and being a rookie I HAD to listen to them. For the last race, on the green I had to drive way down into turn 1 to try to keep Dr. Love at bay for the opening lap. The whole race was back and forth between "i've got it" and "it's got me." And I can vouch for Sam that those haybales look a lot bigger when you're locked up and slinging mud. It was frustrating throwing rooster tails in the mud while being able to see the checker but I thought I had lost a rotor and didn't want to take another full lap.

Rain racin' in the pony cars, now that's a sport.

Thanks again to LAW Motorsports for getting me closer to the front.

Now, when's the banquet and the year end video premeire?

AI#97
10-05-2009, 02:37 PM
Thanks again to LAW Motorsports for getting me closer to the front.

Was Glenn pushing you again?! ;)

jeffburch
10-05-2009, 09:52 PM
Hmmm...will have to talk to Mr. Fernandez. Quite suprised that his "indestructible brake setup" failed him and caused a couple DNS's.
Maybe we need to rethink that setup.... :wink:
<<ZING>>
-=- Todd

We don't go backwards.
Yes, very fine zinger.

jb

Al Fernandez
10-06-2009, 07:20 AM
My weekend's racing was certainly cut short. New pads on the car for TWS so I didnt even bother checking them for this weekend. Guess that's not a best practice since halfway through qualifying there was no friction material left. As a matter of fact the piston moved past the seal and began leaking (and caught on fire). To the brake's credit...they worked fine the previous corner!

Being sidelined let me enjoy some awesome racing from the top of the hill. 20 cars and a wet track and only one case of body damage that was an honest mistake...I couldnt be happier.

First of all...a huge thankyou to everyone that contributed to saturday night. That was a damn fine evening. Second, a huge thankyou to Clifton for giving us more time than the clock said so we could get a green/white/checker finish to R3 instead of finishing under yellow.

Jerry and Jay both getting 2nd places in their new car was very cool, especially since they were each fighting for the win the entire race. In CMC Nick Valentin picked up his first podium!! Congrats Nick. Dave Francis...mudbogging, skipping tech, and two podiums...quite a full weekend ;) Everywhere on the track the racing was just awesome.