PDA

View Full Version : Houston Caravan to Hallett?

Mike Bell
06-07-2006, 09:58 AM
Wondering when most folks are leaving the Houston area and wanted to see if we could Caravan up if possible? I'm flex, can leave Thursday after work or Friday AM - whatever works out. I'm hoping to arrive at Hallett with enough time to get some late afternoon practice on Friday if that deal is still available to us. Anyone else? Richard? Varner? LiiR?

CMC17
06-07-2006, 10:21 AM
My plan is to leave between 6:30-7:00am Friday morning. I figure 7-8hr drive @ 70+mph?

michaelmosty
06-07-2006, 11:27 AM
Just FYI, I talked to Scott (Hallett) this morning and he said there will be a test session Friday night, $40, for 2 hours.
Too bad I already forgot what time he said. :oops: Either 5-7 or 6-8.

RichardP
06-07-2006, 11:57 AM
Chris and I are planning on leaving (from the far South side of Houston) Thursday afternoon before rush hour traffic. That will put us into Dallas after rush hour traffic there where we are going to stay with his brother for the night. We'll take off from there mid morning to put us at the track in plenty of time to get set up and be ready for the Friday practice session.

Richard Pedersen
#91 LX 5.0

AI#97
06-07-2006, 12:41 PM
Chris and I are planning on leaving (from the far South side of Houston) Thursday afternoon before rush hour traffic. That will put us into Dallas after rush hour traffic there where we are going to stay with his brother for the night. We'll take off from there mid morning to put us at the track in plenty of time to get set up and be ready for the Friday practice session.

Richard Pedersen
#91 LX 5.0

Richard, I think JG and I are leaving Plano/Frisco around 9am Friday morning...haven't figured out the full details yet but along those lines....bigger caravan?

gt40
06-07-2006, 12:45 PM
If anyone's interested in leaving the Frisco/McKinney area in the early afternoon, contact me. (I'm only taking a half day off, 'cause that's all the vacation time I've accrued at the new job!)

-- Robert

michaelmosty
06-07-2006, 12:49 PM
Matt,
Keep me posted and I might tag along w/ the caravan also.
Depending on the tow-speeds I might not be able to keep up. My CMC rental-truck won't have as much power as your mighty AI trucks. :lol:

Mike Bell
06-07-2006, 01:10 PM
I may try and make the DFW area on Thursday night, crash somewhere and hook up with the main caravan across the Red River then. Anyone have a suggestion for where I should stop and spend the night so that I'll be in a convenient place to pick up the parade on Friday morning?

I'm guessing somewhere along 75 maybe, like Plano/Allen/McKinney area?

AI#97
06-07-2006, 01:18 PM
Well, instead of hijacking this thread....any more! I will start a DFW departure/meet up thread later today.

Thinking about meeting up in Mckinney near 121/75 interchange or Allen at the outlet malls around 9am....someplace where 5 or 6 trucks/trailers can convene!

gt40
06-07-2006, 01:23 PM
I may try and make the DFW area on Thursday night, crash somewhere and hook up with the main caravan across the Red River then. Anyone have a suggestion for where I should stop and spend the night so that I'll be in a convenient place to pick up the parade on Friday morning?

I'm guessing somewhere along 75 maybe, like Plano/Allen/McKinney area?you can crash at my place, pending spousal approval (pretty likely.) I'm 3 miles West of Hwy 75.

gt40
06-07-2006, 01:34 PM
Well, instead of hijacking this thread....any more! I will start a DFW departure/meet up thread later today.

Thinking about meeting up in Mckinney near 121/75 interchange or Allen at the outlet malls around 9am....someplace where 5 or 6 trucks/trailers can convene!The parking lot for Hasting's/Big Lots/Radio Shack is perfect -- take the Virginia St. exit in McKinney. The lot forms the South-East corner of the intersection.

Mike Bell
06-07-2006, 01:39 PM

I'm guessing somewhere along 75 maybe, like Plano/Allen/McKinney area?you can crash at my place, pending spousal approval (pretty likely.) I'm 3 miles West of Hwy 75.

Much appreciated but I'm a lousy house-guest. I'll find a no-tell motel along the roadway. Thanks for the offer tho! :D

mitchntx
06-07-2006, 01:42 PM

Much appreciated but I'm a lousy house-guest. I'll find a no-tell motel along the roadway. Thanks for the offer tho! :D

Or even my place.

I already have one over night guest staying .... another won't matter much.

Leaving my trailer in a motel parking lot would scare the hell out of me ....

GlennCMC70
06-07-2006, 05:06 PM
your welcome to put your trailer @ my place and stay here or @ a motel just a couple miles away. i'm on the west side of Ft Worth on loop 820.

David Love AI27
06-07-2006, 07:55 PM
My plan is to leave between 6:30-7:00am Friday morning. I figure 7-8hr drive @ 70+mph?

That is pretty close to my plans also. Might even load up Thursday night and spend the night at the lake house. We could meet you at Krogers at FM1097 for a Jack in the Box breakfast... good Blueberry french toast...

macstang
06-07-2006, 08:39 PM
Anyone caravanning from south Mississippi?????

Ill be leaving Thurs AM and driving straight through. I should be there by Friday night.

Just kidding. Im leaving Thurs PM and should be there Fri afternoon. I need those 40 dollar laps!!!!!

I think it is about a 12 hour drive for me. Some hills in Arkansas may slow the explorer down, but Ill make it.

michaelmosty
06-08-2006, 09:34 AM
Anyone caravanning from south Mississippi?????

Ill be leaving Thurs AM and driving straight through. I should be there by Friday night.

Just kidding. Im leaving Thurs PM and should be there Fri afternoon. I need those 40 dollar laps!!!!!

I think it is about a 12 hour drive for me. Some hills in Arkansas may slow the explorer down, but Ill make it.
Jerry,
Glad to hear you'll be there. Are you going to be driving the CMC car or running TT?

macstang
06-08-2006, 10:35 AM
TT car is ready, except it needs dyno tune before any hard driving.

Ill be running CMC, thanks to Micah. He will be able to make the rest of the races, and therefore, barring unknowns, we should have no drops for the rest of the season.

I will have the TTB car at TWS, along with Micah in CMC, and Bull in TTC. wife should be there also running DE in my car.

see yall at Hallett