PDA

View Full Version : GoPro 4GB Upgrade and now in HD

donovan
10-17-2009, 09:54 PM
Here is a link to the GoPro Firmware upgrade, you can now use the 4GB cards for almost 2 hrs of video.

http://www.goprocamera.com/fwupgrade.php

They have also introduced the new HD Cameras!!!

I have not ordered my first batch of HD's as I still have 6 of the SD's left.
I will be ordering a batch of 24 HD units at the end of the year, in the meantime if you want one, I can order singles too!

DD

JJordan
10-17-2009, 11:28 PM
It sounds like the HD version is going to be much improved...

GoPro’s HD Motorsports HERO is the world’s highest performance 1080p HD on-board video and still photo camera. Professional quality 1080p, 960p, and 720p HD resolutions record at 30 frames per second (60 fps in 720p). The HD Motorsports HERO easily mounts to any helmet, motorcycle, ATV, car, plane, jet ski, boat, snowmobile or other vehicle. The camera’s quick-release mounting design makes it easy to re-position the camera around your vehicle for professional quality HD video from several angles.

Record up to 2.5 hours on a single charge and up to 9 hours total on a 32GB SD card (not included).

Included are mounts for two helmets and three vehicles, as well as a suction cup for maximum versatility and convenience. The housing is waterproof to 180’ / 60m.

GoPro's obsession with sound has conquered the wind. At 85 mph on a motorcycle, you’ll enjoy the throaty sound of your motor, not the wind. Inside even the quietest street cars, hear the pull of your motor...not the drone of the wind and road.

Included is a 1100mAh rechargeable lithium-ion battery that lasts for up to 2.5 hours of constant recording. With optional accessories, you can also plug the camera into a wall outlet, cigarette lighter, or with any USB-compatible power adapter, wire it directly to your vehicle’s electrical system. The battery will charge while you record.

The camera can also shoot automatic 5MP photos at 2/5/10/30 and 60 second intervals during your drive or ride, hands free. Press the shutter button once and record up to 2.5 hours of poster-print quality photos.

Waterproof to 180’ / 60m and protected from rocks and other hazards thanks to its removable polycarbonate housing. Replacement housings and lens kits are available, making repairs or refurbishing your HD HERO camera affordable and convenient. It's a GoPro...go for it.™

donovan
10-18-2009, 06:33 AM
The HD is kick ass... I will be getting some pricing together for camera only purchaces for people who want to upgrade just the camera... and not buy a new kit.

DD

Rob Liebbe
10-18-2009, 09:57 AM
Have they come up with a remote control yet?

MikeP99Z
10-18-2009, 10:37 AM
The ad in GRM indicates optional RF remote and optional RF microphone. Can't find it on their website though.

Al Fernandez
10-19-2009, 06:01 AM
Hmmmm...thats great. The sound is what turned me off of those, and it looks like that is being fixed.

donovan
10-19-2009, 12:30 PM
When I get a chance I will grab my dealer newsletter, it has a bunch of info.

Also, sound on the current units... If you put the camera inside the car, remove the outer lens on the housing for better sound.

Also, there are two sound setting in the setup, you can change from a low to high sound, hope that helps.

Rob Liebbe
10-19-2009, 12:57 PM
Put up a demo video when you get the chance David. Please.

mitchntx
10-19-2009, 01:01 PM
Also, there are two sound setting in the setup, you can change from a low to high sound, hope that helps.

Mine has that now.

Wirtz
10-19-2009, 01:33 PM
Any word if the non HD versions will price drop? I keep toying with the idea of getting one to do more pic in pic stuff.