PDA

View Full Version : Yee Haa Lemons Update

David Love AI27
10-24-2009, 05:20 PM
1.5 hours into the race... rub a hole in rad hose.. overheat.. blow head gasket... drive back to Houston... pickup head gasket.. teardown... discover hole in piston... drive to Tomball to pickup trailer... on my way to College Station to pickup another LeMon... hope to be back in Tomball through Ren Fest traffic for 30 year class reunion at 8:00... will return to Angelton in the morning to finish race... Mosty and Company doing well... Misti's crew hanging in there as well... Kellam gang (Stick Pony) dealling with overheating problems... Varner/Bell (Team NAFTA) was seen in penalty box but still in action... its LeMons what more to say!!!

marshall_mosty
10-24-2009, 09:02 PM
Team Schwing Update...
Started 70th or so, was in the lead by hour 2, had the field by 4 laps when head gasket blew. Ran the car out of oil and water. Brought it in with 30 minutes left in the day. Now 12 laps down. Have head gasket, hope they decide to pull the head and give it a go.

More when I know it...

Alien
10-24-2009, 11:02 PM
We've had some fuel issues, no pull in the staights.

Franks team stuck with a 30? lap penalty pre-race... Judges just don't like 'dem cars. Motor is toast. Franks cooks up some sausages.

See Ambalance update above. Still in the top 3 I believe.

Varner is doing well, having fun with the rookies drivers on his team.

Misty is in the top 20, got exempt from the "if you pull off stay in the car til your testicles start smoldering" rule at drivers meeting.

If you thought Jeremiah could drive, wait til his dad joins the CMC ranks :)

David Love AI27
10-25-2009, 02:23 AM
If you thought Jeremiah could drive, wait til his dad joins the CMC ranks :)

Papa Wayne is the man... old guys rule (maybe cuz I am one) he needs to finish the last 8 hours on his own...

watch out for Alamo City Rollers to pull an upset with a Blue Ball...

Alien
10-25-2009, 08:12 PM
We had more of the same today as yesterday. Came in a few times to try different things, change fuel filter, mess wik floats, played wik fuel pressure. Not much sucesss.

Conversation of the day for me was this exchange when spotting.
Dude to his friend: "You know that ambalance car? They had the hood up. It's got a Toyota engine in it."
One of my drivers, overhearing this, turns and says "Yeah, it's a Toyota"
Dude: "I know! It's a Toyota motor, has it on the valve cover and everything."
My Guy: "The car, it IS a TOYOTA"
Dude: "Really? I thought it was a *edit* Geo *edit* or something. So it's a Toyota?"
:roll:

Shortcutsleeping
10-25-2009, 10:05 PM
Our little first gen rx7 ran like crap pretty much the whole time and we had a few minor transgressions and some minor impact (neither with me driving...heh)...but we pulled down a respectable 36th out of 131. Fuel or spark issues were hounding us, but we kept putting down (slow) laps and were just happy to take the checker. Great handling and brakes the whole time tho...

Interesting race, lots of drama. Looking forward to maybe doing the ChumpCar true 24hour at TMS.

Huge, HUGE thanks to Gary for being the 'voice' on the radio and keeping us aware of yellows, faster cars, slower cars and when to do what. WH00P!

Costas
cars and such...

AI#97
10-26-2009, 12:24 AM
Just got home, pushed the car in mosty's garage in the rain...

Schwing recap?....ugh.

Drove the last 1.5 hours on Misti's team and was able to pull them up a couple places to 12th...the rest of her team did an AWESOME job and had no penalties. Overall, great event and we will be back.....anyone know where we can find a cheap "Toyota Atlantic Motor"? ;)

jeremiahkellam
10-26-2009, 07:30 AM
Well, we ended up 71st with 189 laps. Not sure if we fixed our overheating problem (we found a bottle of head gasket sealer Saturday night), but the car ran all day Sunday and did not overheat. My Dad finally taught us youngsters how to drive.

He did drive really well, but he partyed even bettter Saturday night, that was way too funny!!! :lol:

Al Fernandez
10-26-2009, 09:49 AM
I'm telling you Jeremiah, you guys NEED a second mustang to become the first true two car team!!!

michaelmosty
10-26-2009, 09:55 AM
What an awesome weekend!!
At first I was a little skeptical about running the full track backwards w/ no chicanes but it worked out great. Overall it seemed like an incredibly well driven race by all 131 teams!
The Friday testing on the car went great. The track was fun and fast and the new wheels and tires made our little car handle like a go-cart. Saturday started great until the motor started having issues, I guess 205k miles was all it could handle.
I agree with Jeremiah, the Sat. night party was hilarious!!! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. The "who can dent the Corolla's hood" was great!! Major props to Frank, Jeremiah, and Wayne! :lol:
See y'all back again in February!

AI#97
10-26-2009, 10:00 AM
I'm telling you Jeremiah, you guys NEED a second mustang to become the first true two car team!!!

If you would run one of these events you would know that already happened. Misty had team blue balls with lefty and righty at both the first and second events in texas.

cobra132
10-26-2009, 10:34 AM
I think we were the only team to ruin 2 cars in the same event. The bimmer was running great until the right motor mount broke, PS pully cut hose, engine overheated, blew head and melted #6 piston. The best news is that we helped get the judges drunk and they agreed to allowing a 302 with 5 speed in the bimmer for next year without penality. We'll see. Recovered sunday and got the blueball auto neon on track untill the left front halfshaft broke and ruined the day. Overall a good time. The sat night rolling keg, cajun shrimp boil and bonfire were memorable. FMR

AI#97
10-26-2009, 10:57 AM
I think we were the only team to ruin 2 cars in the same event. The bimmer was running great until the right motor mount broke, PS pully cut hose, engine overheated, blew head and melted #6 piston. The best news is that we helped get the judges drunk and they agreed to allowing a 302 with 5 speed in the bimmer for next year without penality. We'll see. Recovered sunday and got the blueball auto neon on track untill the left front halfshaft broke and ruined the day. Overall a good time. The sat night rolling keg, cajun shrimp boil and bonfire were memorable. FMR

5 speed, how about an old worn out Jericho?! ;)

cjlmlml
10-26-2009, 11:18 AM

Hope you got that on tape.

Shortcutsleeping
10-26-2009, 11:06 PM
....anyone know where we can find a cheap "Toyota Atlantic Motor"? ;)

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/cto/1436082772.html

Costas
cars and such...

AI#97
10-26-2009, 11:16 PM
....anyone know where we can find a cheap "Toyota Atlantic Motor"? ;)

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/cto/1436082772.html

Costas
cars and such...

That isn't your ad is it?! Poster's name is paul and figured you might be screwing with me! LOL!!!

Thanks! Sent an email and it would make a decent parts car maybe?! Might even be a daily driver!

Shortcutsleeping
10-27-2009, 08:48 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHhahaha...I didn't even look at the contact info!! But no, I'm no screwin with ya! Hopefully it has a good motor and you could put the suspension and brakes in boxes as spares. Car is cheap and looks decent.

You know me...here to help!

Costas
cars and such...

AI#97
10-27-2009, 08:55 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHhahaha...I didn't even look at the contact info!! But no, I'm no screwin with ya! Hopefully it has a good motor and you could put the suspension and brakes in boxes as spares. Car is cheap and looks decent.

You know me...here to help!

Costas
cars and such...

called this am....was gone in 6 hours from his original post. Guess someone might be bringing it to the next event...glad I printed the ad for $950! ;)

michaelmosty
10-27-2009, 09:18 AM
At $950 that looked like a super clean car! A 2-car team would have been nice. 8)

AI#97
10-27-2009, 09:40 AM
At $950 that looked like a super clean car! A 2-car team would have been nice. 8)

I don't think that was the actual car. That picture was VERY similar to "stock" photos I found on Yahoo and google referencing what an FX16 actually was.

I was considering it as a daily! If we showed up with two of the damn things, I think people would shit bricks laughing!!!!

Alien
10-28-2009, 08:56 PM
Chris Taylor (whose Rx7 we used for lemons) has a take 3 and was taking some cars back to his area after Lemons. The RX7 was already loaded.

TR7 (black) was 'barely running' and it was to pull the MR2 (no engine or trans) up the trailer. I remember saying to Chris, they're just gonna ease it up right? No, they said they wanted a running start since the TR7 was barely running the they weren't sure it'd make it. Their speed was ok, but the the lead guy hit the ramps, he gunned it. I'm the one doing the funky 'woah!' dance. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdjNxzqQ-NA

Shortcutsleeping
10-28-2009, 11:31 PM
Proper title: WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG???

hehehehehe

Costas
cars and such...

gt40
10-29-2009, 01:19 AM

I don't think that was the actual car.Bingo! He stole it off Jalopnik:

http://jalopnik.com/357417/1987-toyota-corolla-fx16-gt+s