PDA

View Full Version : a sedan runoffs

Al Fernandez
10-29-2009, 01:20 PM
For those that havent seen it, some discussion post race from a sedan. A tragedy...I feel bad for all those guys.

http://www.asedan.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2050

michaelmosty
10-29-2009, 02:09 PM
Can you summarize the thread, I don't really feel like reading all 26 pages. :shock:

Fbody383
10-29-2009, 02:25 PM
Can you summarize the thread, I don't really feel like reading all 26 pages. :shock:

Rules are rules, except when fasteners are free except in the carb rule, some protest - some don't, some think tech can't measure cam lift, nobody likes taking a pro-built engine home in a tub, tech took 30 hours...

It's more complicated, expensive and hassle ridden with NO INCREASE IN THE LEVEL OF COMPETITION from good ole CMC.

Glad I choose wisely.

AllZWay
10-29-2009, 02:33 PM

Rules are rules, except when fasteners are free except in the carb rule, some protest - some don't, some think tech can't measure cam lift, nobody likes taking a pro-built engine home in a tub, tech took 30 hours...

It's more complicated, expensive and hassle ridden with NO INCREASE IN THE LEVEL OF COMPETITION from good ole CMC.

Glad I choose wisely.

That is about what I got out of it too.

CMC is much better and CHEAPER option. I very briefly looked at A-Sedan.

David Love AI27
10-29-2009, 03:59 PM
BEWARE OF A-SEDANS coming onto the market as CMC or CMC2 cars... they are allowed more mods than both but no enough to be competitive in AI... the 27 car was an A-Sedan preped car

GlennCMC70
10-29-2009, 05:37 PM
it shows how much of a glutten for punishment they are when the "NASA uses Dyno's" subject comes up and they all think its not a good idea.
way too much money in A-sedan.

Adam Ginsberg
10-29-2009, 08:29 PM
Don't be too quick to poo-poo an A/S car for CMC/CMC2 - it all depends on the level of prep.

My CMC car started as an east coast A/S car. It was not prepped anywhere near to the limit of the A/S rules. Troy's car (maroon 85 GT) is damn near a twin of my car, and based on what I know, it's prepped similarly to mine.

The key is knowing what to look for, and what the level of prep is.

Rob Liebbe
10-29-2009, 08:55 PM
My car was going to be an A-sedan car. It got as far as torn down and cage installed.

RichardP
10-29-2009, 10:30 PM
Wow, what a mess. If you get past all the crap in that thread (which is basically just like here and most other lists), there is a very serious underlying issue.

My interpretation of the important bits:

Tech did compliance checks and found compliance issues with five of the top six cars. After complaints, management above the tech guys overturned most of the tech findings without consulting the people with the technical expertise who found the issues.

In the end, the guy who finished first on track was disqualified. The only car found to be fully legal did not win. Cars that finished ahead of the only compliant vehicle were not disqualified for the exact same issue that the top finisher was disqualified for.

Wow, what a mess…

Richard P.

BlueFirePony
10-30-2009, 08:09 AM
Wow, what a mess. If you get past all the crap in that thread (which is basically just like here and most other lists), there is a very serious underlying issue.

My interpretation of the important bits:

Tech did compliance checks and found compliance issues with five of the top six cars. After complaints, management above the tech guys overturned most of the tech findings without consulting the people with the technical expertise who found the issues.

In the end, the guy who finished first on track was disqualified. The only car found to be fully legal did not win. Cars that finished ahead of the only compliant vehicle were not disqualified for the exact same issue that the top finisher was disqualified for.

Wow, what a mess…

Richard P.

Seems like a good opportunity for NASA *marketing* to bring over a bunch of AS drivers and have them run in our series - they can spend 2010 getting their cars prepped better if necessary and run AIX in 2010, or do the work necessary to meet either AI or CMC2.

cobra132
10-30-2009, 11:01 AM
Well thats it, I am letting my SCCA membership expire. Al, anything new on that little GPS horsepower checker. It would be great to go with something like that and get away from the dyno. FMR

Todd Covini
11-02-2009, 12:21 AM
Is Matt King running A-Sedan these days or is he the Jesse Jackson of roadracing?

(Where ever there's controversy....there he is!!!) :lol:

Al Fernandez
11-02-2009, 08:46 AM
That's funny...he's running formula veeee actually

Sidney
11-03-2009, 01:24 PM
Is Matt King running A-Sedan these days or is he the Jesse Jackson of roadracing?

I've got to show that to my brothers here in the Midwest! Priceless!

Sidney