PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to all for your support as a Director

donovan
12-04-2009, 07:05 PM
-To All

Thanks for all your support and help over the past 4 years as your Texas American Iron Director.

I had a great time helping everyone and thank you for being supportive of me over the years.

I’m not exactly sure who will be your direct point of contact for AI related items, but for now I would direct them to Al Fernandez and Todd Covini.

I will be around as a racer as always, and will continue to support the series!

Hope to see everyone soon!
DD ‘just a racer’

David Love AI27
12-04-2009, 07:13 PM
Thanks for your time and energy... your calm and dedication will be missed...

Al Fernandez
12-04-2009, 08:07 PM
David, you've been a great help to me and everyone in AI. Thanks for that and thanks for your dedication and continuing desire to help run the show as needed.

Guys, David not being the AI Tx director doesnt mean he wont be around, as a matter of fact he's planning on a full season next year. Todd and I have been making some moves, ensuring every region has good representation, but also ensuring the organization is appropriately sized. I sit on the AI national board as the Tx region director. Todd is of course the AI national director and we have the advantage of him being here on site so we can put him to work on daily issues at the track as well. Glenn, Todd, and myself will continue to work at making Tx the best region to race in and we'll continue to rely on you guys to help us keep things going smoothly :D

AI#97
12-04-2009, 09:28 PM
Well, I don't like it. I'll go on record that I don't think AL is the best solution in this scenario....you REALLY have no REAL understanding of an AI car and I don't feel like explaining it every 5 minutes. Same pretty much goes for Todd as National AI director....but hey, he's a nice guy. We need someone that lives and dies American Iron....ONLY. Just my $5.00 worth of input that will likely get shoved under the rug yet again.

Please note my dissatisfaction with this appropriately. :roll:

David, your my vote. You're a class act, but hope to be battling with you on track this year.

donovan
12-04-2009, 09:41 PM
I will be honest, I'm not 100% in agreement with the decision... But I support Todd, Al & Glenn 100%...

Let's give these guy a chance to steer this wandering ship in the right direction. Like Al said I will be racing a full season, I will be around... I will be helping when I have time.

The best thing we all can do is give these three our full support! They need it!

DD

edited for spelling

marshall_mosty
12-04-2009, 09:46 PM
But to run the ship... we need a ruleset... I hear Christmas bells ringing.

AI#97
12-04-2009, 10:16 PM
If I want to run in a Clusterfuck, I'm going to ST2....

I'm feeling a sudden urge to become my 2006 self.................... :evil:

Al Fernandez
12-04-2009, 10:20 PM
:lol: Dont sugar coat it Matt, tell us what you really feel!

David Love AI27
12-04-2009, 10:22 PM
(lies rocking in the fetal position) shut up and drive... shut up and drive... shut up and drive... shut up and drive...

Todd Covini
12-05-2009, 12:26 AM
I'm looking forward to the new Donovan machine out there and racing again this year! On the AI side, I hear you Matt and true AI racers like David, Richard and others will still be at the track to lend a helping hand. As David mentioned, we need that help. There's a good chance that I won't be at every race and Al will need to ask for AI help from folks...so there will always be AI expertise.

Now as for me not being 100% into AI, I can tell you that in the past 3-4 months I've been upgraded from CMC to AI. I've been 110% AI and may even be out there kicking Texas AI butt in the future.
a) I've sold my CMC car....and am entertaining AI car purchases nationally.
b) I've directed, inspected & worked the AI Nationals with some pretty big challenges.
c) I've been eating, breathing & sleeping with AI rules for the last 2 months and can now tell you why each word is where it is and what the intent is.
d) I live & die AI now...and will likely be killed many more times over AI.
e) I've spent 5 HOURS nearly 5 nites a week talking to AI racers and understanding the why's and how's.

So...if you don't like that I'm the guy working to help lead the class to greater success...I'm OK with that.

But...if you think I'm just a CMC guy putting a half hearted effort into this AI gig and lallygagging with the rules, I got a problem with that.

My desire to spank some AI butt on track just went up a notch. :twisted:

-=- Todd

donovan
12-05-2009, 12:34 AM

-=- Todd

Ohhhh, Bring it!!!

DD 8)

David Love AI27
12-05-2009, 12:57 AM

-=- Todd
Ohhhh, Bring it!!!

DITTO!!!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

AI#97
12-05-2009, 06:54 AM
I'm looking forward to the new Donovan machine out there and racing again this year! On the AI side, I hear you Matt and true AI racers like David, Richard and others will still be at the track to lend a helping hand. As David mentioned, we need that help. There's a good chance that I won't be at every race and Al will need to ask for AI help from folks...so there will always be AI expertise.

Now as for me not being 100% into AI, I can tell you that in the past 3-4 months I've been upgraded from CMC to AI. I've been 110% AI and may even be out there kicking Texas AI butt in the future.
a) I've sold my CMC car....and am entertaining AI car purchases nationally.
b) I've directed, inspected & worked the AI Nationals with some pretty big challenges.
c) I've been eating, breathing & sleeping with AI rules for the last 2 months and can now tell you why each word is where it is and what the intent is.
d) I live & die AI now...and will likely be killed many more times over AI.
e) I've spent 5 HOURS nearly 5 nites a week talking to AI racers and understanding the why's and how's.

So...if you don't like that I'm the guy working to help lead the class to greater success...I'm OK with that.

But...if you think I'm just a CMC guy putting a half hearted effort into this AI gig and lallygagging with the rules, I got a problem with that.

-=- Todd

Todd, admirable you actually responded, but I need to see results....and quick. Another friday deadline passed with no rules released...sort of proves my point NO ONE is at the helm nationally and now even regionally concerns me. Sorry AL, but the only thing keeping me from jumping to ST2 at this point is the fact Mixon will likely be re-instated as Regional director for them instead of Rob Lay so the number of "free entries" is further reduced. :roll: Apparently NASATX can't seem to make money so we are having to pay the price.... :roll: :evil:

To ask someone to "help out" without compensation for doing so is as retarded as having our regional website done and then not paying for it. For one person to even ATTEMPT to run this as a one man show is down right insane and unrealistic. I'll bring smores because the flames are going to be nice and toasty.

David Love AI27
12-05-2009, 10:09 AM
Relax, relax, relax, its just a little pin prick
There'll be mo more AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH
but you may feel a little sick...

Rob Liebbe
12-05-2009, 12:04 PM

David,

Stop listening to The Wall and you're mood will improve. Trust me.

David Love AI27
12-05-2009, 12:39 PM

David,

Stop listening to The Wall and you're mood will improve. Trust me.

No stop signs, speed limit
Nobody's gonna slow me down
Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Nobody's gonna mess me round

Better?

Al Fernandez
12-05-2009, 12:43 PM
Matt, its interesting to me that you can go from singing praises about how Nationals was the best tech operation you'd ever seen to saying there guys running the show have no clue what AI is all about...considering we're talking about the same two guys.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course. You, and everyone else for that matter, are free to form your own opinion and race in whatever series under whatever sanctioning body you choose. Threats of taking your ball and going home dont impress nor concern me.

As for my opinion, I think the results of the post race tech at nationals are a pretty good indication of what Todd and I can and have been doing for AI.

tech as a whole was light years beyond what it was in 2008. I would almost say it was the difference between a dirt track race and a Rolex Race.
Your words, not mine.

David Love AI27
12-05-2009, 01:20 PM
Threats of taking your ball and going home dont impress nor concern me.

This is the same attitude that "other" series had.... before the birth of NASA...

I have NEVER seen DD take this attitude..

I'm just saying

David Love AI27
12-05-2009, 01:31 PM
Well he's tellin' us this
And he's tellin' us that
Changes it ev'ry day
Says it doesn't matter
Bases are loaded
And Casey's at bat
Playin' it play by play
Time to change the batter

cobra132
12-05-2009, 01:38 PM
Thank you DD.

OK, I am on-call and Its a slow weekend. Time for a mindless brain teaser. Five Todd quotes, what is STOMP?

"Todd: I have to go, theres a breast reduction on the 4th floor....and I must stop it."

"You're not my father, Todd!"

"What? What, I thought we were in the trust tree, in the nest, were we not?"

"I seem to be the scape-goat for both the North and the South."

"We get caribou, get 'em ground up and put them into hotdogs."

David Love AI27
12-05-2009, 01:48 PM
Thank you DD.

OK, I am on-call and Its a slow weekend. Time for a mindless brain teaser. Five Todd quotes, what is STOMP?

"Todd: I have to go, theres a breast reduction on the 4th floor....and I must stop it."

"You're not my father, Todd!"

"What? What, I thought we were in the trust tree, in the nest, were we not?"

"I seem to be the scape-goat for both the North and the South."

"We get caribou, get 'em ground up and put them into hotdogs."

A little early in the day to be drinkin', Frank!

so do the answers coincide with the letters??

Scrubs
T
Old School?
Mary
Palin

cobra132
12-05-2009, 02:43 PM
yes

Al Fernandez
12-05-2009, 03:25 PM
Dave, if I had a dollar for every time Matt has threatened to quit I'd be able to afford a garage big enough to park an RV in. :lol:

cobra132
12-05-2009, 03:30 PM
"Look at the big brain on David" Terminator 2.

David Love AI27
12-05-2009, 04:51 PM
"Look at the big brain on David" Terminator 2.

I used to do research for a living... way back in the day when companies wanted "real" data and were willing to pay for it... somehow they managed to get the real estate appraiser's nuts in a vice and convinced them that false data was better and "oh by the way, we are cutting your pay"

And I did find Terminator 2 but the line was "She's not my mother, Todd"

•A variation occurs in Terminator 2 with John Connor.
Todd: John, do as your mother tells you.
John: She's not my mother, Todd.

David Love AI27
12-05-2009, 04:54 PM
I'd be able to afford a garage big enough to park an RV in. :lol:

EDITED:I'd be able to afford ANOTHER garage big enough to park ANOTHER RV in.

michaelmosty
12-05-2009, 05:14 PM
DD, even though I am not in AI your service is greatly appreciated!!
I look forward to seeing you back on track next year. 8)

David Love AI27
12-05-2009, 05:19 PM
hey Rob... I found some more cheerful lyrics:

Them boys down in Texas got some damn fine weed
They smuggle across the Rio, they use the Mexican breed
That's expointin' cheap labor, but hell that's Texican's creed
Them boys down in Texas got some damn fine weed

Rob Liebbe
12-05-2009, 08:41 PM
Good job David Love. I may need help with everything but the Floyd.

I did get the the Scrubs quote - The Todd RULES!!!! I guess Todd Covini rules too, but in a different way.

Oh yeah, Donovan Who rules too, next year he will rule on the track and get his proper name back.

David Love AI27
12-05-2009, 08:59 PM
Good job David Love. I may need help with everything but the Floyd.

I did get the the Scrubs quote - The Todd RULES!!!! I guess Todd Covini rules too, but in a different way.

Oh yeah, Donovan Who rules too, next year he will rule on the track and get his proper name back.

Todays theme is dedicated to our brothers in the Rockie Mountian Region:

Joe Walsh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt75y38J00s

Cross Canadian Ragweed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgd-tkjxQ94

Why do I get this feeling I'm gonna be asked to do a piss test at the next event?

hehe

David Love AI27
12-05-2009, 09:12 PM

"Triple D".... Dave "the Dominator" Donovan

donovan
12-05-2009, 09:20 PM

"Triple D".... Dave "the Dominator" Donovan

Well, I don't know about that... Maybe after I beat Mike Patterson a few times on track!! :)

But that is hard to do with my car looking like a swiss cheese. I need to get back out to the shop and finish my nightmare!!! :x

But, I did find this cool cactus growing in the shape of a cock & balls on my inlaws property!!! That's cool!

DD

Todd Covini
12-05-2009, 10:04 PM
fyi...at the next event...
David Donovan gets the first urinalysis.
David Love gets the second urinalysis.
Matt White gets a colonoscopy.

Mooooon River!

:D

David Love AI27
12-05-2009, 10:14 PM
:shock:

AI#97
12-05-2009, 11:40 PM
Al Considering I was standing there watchin Lindsays car measured for ride height at 3.75" and everyone within football throw asked if it was legal...

Considering there was Zero tech in 2008, yes it was better, but still left a lot to be desired...

Whatever...there ain't no other sandbox...so fuck it. I guess I just need to accept mediocre.

donovan
12-06-2009, 01:03 AM
fyi...at the next event...
David Donovan gets the first urinalysis.
David Love gets the second urinalysis.
Matt White gets a colonoscopy.

Mooooon River!

:D

and when you're done you say "Oh, what a lovely Tea Party"

DD

cjlmlml
12-07-2009, 10:11 AM
Love- Turn your computer off and take your meds.

Donovan- I am sorry Mitch and Glenn pissed you off so much that you had to resign

mitchntx
12-07-2009, 10:56 AM
Donovan- I am sorry Mitch and Glenn pissed you off so much that you had to resign

Hey ... how'd I get drug into this?

donovan
12-07-2009, 10:59 AM

I did not resign.

David Love AI27
12-07-2009, 01:36 PM

F YOU!! (damn turrets)

Fbody383
12-07-2009, 06:23 PM

F YOU!! (damn turrets)

Now you have a battleship?