PDA

View Full Version : Covini Update

Todd Covini
06-10-2006, 11:02 PM
Thanks to everyone for your emails and concerns.

My son seems to be doing well and everything on the home front is peachy-keen, but remains a high priority. We're taking things day by day.

This Texas AI/CMC group truly is a class act (only rivaled by the Texas A&M crowd) with an outpouring of offers to donate blood and such.

Tony Covini is doing well, but continues to have dangerously low blood platelet counts. We've gone thru the normal treatments at Texas Childrens Hospital to no avail and are now just hoping that his body just "figures it out" and stops filtering his platelets in error.

Apparently, this is a condition that can occur to many kids and 80% of them recover without any long term issues. For those of you with kids, here is the link for FAQ's on what we're working with.

http://www.itppeople.com/FAQChildren.htm

In any case, Tony is doing well, driving his Lightning McQueen racecar around the neighborhood (see Photo section). So far, he has not had any immune system issues or comprimised health issues.

I've also taken up "timing & scribing" at my daughter's swim meets and have been amazed at the volunteerism and race event coordination of the typical weekend neighborhood Texas swim meet! Lots of lessons learned and a newfound weekend warrior skills. (Something about shaving seconds off a lap time, whether its me or my daughter, just keeps the Covini engines roaring!!!)

In any case, I won't be making the Hallett event and it's killing me to (again) miss Hallett, as I've never driven there before. I'm putting all my CMC eggs in the National basket now and hope to do well at Mid-Ohio if Family and Work considerations will afford me the week away to do the things that I love to do...race and spend time with like-minded folk!!!

As always, Adam is ready and able to lead the group as your Series Director at Hallett and we are both available at any time if you have any questions or concerns!!!

-=- Todd Covini

mitchntx
06-10-2006, 11:14 PM
:Thumbs Up:

Still on my prayer list ...

Mike Bell
06-11-2006, 07:52 AM
That's great news on little Covini, thanks for giving us an update Todd. If we can do anything to help you or your wife out don't hesitate to ask. Hope to see you out at TWS getting the #2 car tuned and ready for Nat's.

cmarvel
06-11-2006, 09:08 PM
All fingers and toes crossed. I hope everything works out.

TEXAST1
06-12-2006, 08:51 AM
We've got your back!

Todd Covini
07-02-2006, 09:01 PM
Great News! After a few weeks of "let's see what happens" with little Tony Covini, this past week his blood platelet count shot back up above the normal range! After over a month of dangerously low 3,000-10,000 platelets per liter (when the acceptable range is 110,000 to 150,000) his last blood test on Thursday revealed ~175,000 platelets per liter!

So, thanks for all your thoughts and prayers! We're not in the clear just yet, but things are sure looking a whole lot better now. We've still got to monitor things and make sure his platelets don't start "hunting" up and down like a Fox body with a bad TPS sensor.

Things are starting to return to "normal" around the Covini home...

-=- Todd

Boudy
07-02-2006, 10:00 PM
Wow! That's wonderful news Todd. Glad to hear things are lookin' up.

Boudy

donovan
07-03-2006, 02:09 AM
That is good new Todd! I will pass it on to Holly, she has asked me many time for an update...

David D.

marshall_mosty
07-03-2006, 05:29 AM
Todd,
I'm really glad Tony's numbers are looking good and within "spec".

CMC17
07-03-2006, 09:15 AM
Fantastic news, Todd!!! Thx for letting us know the good news.

oz98cobra
07-03-2006, 01:48 PM
That's great news Todd! :)

chicane23
07-03-2006, 02:17 PM
I'm glad all is well Todd!

mitchntx
07-03-2006, 03:40 PM
Prayers do get answered.

So glad for you and your family.

AllZWay
07-04-2006, 09:51 AM
Great news Todd.

chris-CMC#35
07-04-2006, 07:13 PM
Great holiday news, thank you for sharing.

-chris

michaelmosty
07-05-2006, 10:36 AM
Amazing news Todd, thank you for the update.