PDA

View Full Version : Desperate Race Wives Challenge - Any takers?

BlueFirePony
12-29-2009, 04:01 PM
Clifton mentioned at the banquet that there was interest in trying to have a race wives challenge at Houston.
Given the logistics involved I thought I'd post and see how much interest there might be in this group. If we can't make Houston work, then would another event work better? Hallet maybe?

Clifton dealt to start...
I've got the small blind..I'm willing to see the flop ;)

mitchntx
12-29-2009, 04:12 PM
Unless my wife builds her own car between now and MSR-H, she won't be participating.

The body contact forms we have to fill out with her just going to the grocery store and back is over-whelming enough.

check ...

AllZWay
12-29-2009, 04:23 PM
My wife doesn't make the long haul to Houston, but she might woud do it at another track.

Although, she only goes to Cresson, Eagles Canyon and is probably going to Hallett this year.....but Hallett is a maybe depending on kids soccer schedule.

Crumpacker
12-29-2009, 04:52 PM
My wife is in for sure.

IIRC, they run the racewives challenge more like a time trial event instead of wheel to wheel.

David Love AI27
12-29-2009, 05:44 PM
run the racewives challenge more like a destruction derby...

Sam: Darcie, I want you to go out and hit the pace car
Darcie: Hit the pace car?
Sam: yes! Hit the pace car! You hit everything else out there, I want you to be perfect!!!

David Love AI27
12-29-2009, 05:45 PM
Unless my wife builds her own car between now and MSR-H, she won't be participating.

The body contact forms we have to fill out with her just going to the grocery store and back is over-whelming enough.

check ...

Fell out of the recliner... ROF...

BlueFirePony
12-29-2009, 06:01 PM
My wife is in for sure.

IIRC, they run the racewives challenge more like a time trial event instead of wheel to wheel.
Yep. TT format...and I doubt there will be 20 cars out there (of course that would make for a heck of an event to watch) so the chance of body contact *should* be minimal.

mitchntx
12-29-2009, 06:11 PM
so the chance of body contact *should* be minimal.

I'm not so much worried about the other cars ... its the inanimate and immovable objects that concern me more.

And I'm not so sure my wife could even drive without a cell phone and vanity mirror.

Geez ... I hope she doesn't log on and read any of this ...

AI#97
12-29-2009, 06:13 PM
I can't fit in Misty's car! ;)

rleng1
12-29-2009, 08:23 PM
so the chance of body contact *should* be minimal.

I'm not so much worried about the other cars ... its the inanimate and immovable objects that concern me more.

And I'm not so sure my wife could even drive without a cell phone and vanity mirror.

Geez ... I hope she doesn't log on and read any of this ...

I figured that if wanted Deb to know that you would tell her yourself. :oops:

BlueFirePony
01-10-2010, 12:42 AM
I spoke with Clifton and it looks like we'll need to reach out of our series to make this happen. I don't see why we couldn't do Houston and Hallet if the interest was there but we'll need more than 2-3 takers to make this happen.

If anyone else is interested let me know.

David Love AI27
01-10-2010, 03:00 AM
no wife, no gf... Can my mother drive? She has competed in the Canadian Sports Car Club

nasa-rm
01-19-2010, 09:05 AM
We're in for Hallett.

Alien
01-19-2010, 12:58 PM
Laura is game for a one time deal wherever has the most participation (prolly Hallet?). Well, she's game only if I am allowed to ride shotgun, tho. (Her rule, DEFINITELY not my idea :shock: )

What are the details as far as being a NASA member/medical/license since this is probably going to be the only time she will be on track for a few years?

BlueFirePony
01-19-2010, 07:39 PM
Laura is game for a one time deal wherever has the most participation (prolly Hallet?). Well, she's game only if I am allowed to ride shotgun, tho. (Her rule, DEFINITELY not my idea :shock: )

What are the details as far as being a NASA member/medical/license since this is probably going to be the only time she will be on track for a few years?

I spoke with Clifton last night about this. Seems like Houston is a no-go - not enough interest.
So we are going to reload for either MSR-C and/or Hallet and look at a getting other classes involved so we can get decent participation.

I don't have all the details about license etc, but from what I understand it's run like a TT so no comp license is required nor is a medical, but I think they'd probably expect a membership.
I'll get more details after Houston and post up then.

Crumpacker
01-20-2010, 10:18 AM
Well, she's game only if I am allowed to ride shotgun, tho. (Her rule, DEFINITELY not my idea :shock: )

I'll help install the driver's ed passenger side brake pedal...