PDA

View Full Version : What is all the crap under the front fenders?

ShadowBolt
01-10-2010, 11:36 AM
I put my car on the new trailer yesterday and noticed bare and torn wires under both fenders. What is all this stuff? There is way too much there to be just turn signals. On the passenger side there is a box that looks like an old voltage regulator (I know it's not) and what looks like vacuum lines. Tony had the wires zip tied to the top of the fender but it still was hit by the tire. How much of this has to stay in the car? I have been having trouble with the Theift light coming on and the car not starting but if I turn the key off and on a few times it will start. I don't know if this is being caused by the cut wires or not.

JJ

cobra132
01-10-2010, 11:54 AM
On the SN95 the charcoal reabsorb system and some other emission BS is up under the pass fender as well as a relay and computer for the radiator cooling fan. Also part of the engine control harness is up there, I think the intake temp sensor and mass air meter wires snake through there. I have removed all the emmissions stuff and relocated the other to prevent tire rub. One of these days I am going to completely rewire the car and trash all the stock harness BS. Right now I am just concentrating on basic stuff like, oh .... the engine. FMR

nasa-rm
01-19-2010, 09:10 AM
I have been having trouble with the Theift light coming on and the car not starting but if I turn the key off and on a few times it will start. I don't know if this is being caused by the cut wires or not.

JJ

Yeah.. been there done that with theft light flashing & car in limp-mode. I went through, ripped out anything that wasn't needed, re-wrapped and re-routed. It was a 4 beer job.