PDA

View Full Version : Shifter relocation

BlueFirePony
02-02-2010, 10:37 AM
Looking for options to relocate the shifter in BlueFirePony.
I've emailed Autoworks to see if they have a kit.

Currently have a Steeda Tri-Ax mated to the stock 3650.

GlennCMC70
02-02-2010, 10:38 AM
There is a thread about this on the National AI forum. check there.
Also, Corner-Carvers is a good place to search for this info.

BlueFirePony
02-02-2010, 10:56 AM
Yep, saw the Nats thread a while back...I am hoping the restomod will bolt up to the Tri-Ax (its got several mounting points so it should).
I'll check CC.com as well. Thanks Glen.

edrock96GT
02-02-2010, 10:04 PM
Yep, saw the Nats thread a while back...I am hoping the restomod will bolt up to the Tri-Ax (its got several mounting points so it should).
I'll check CC.com as well. Thanks Glen.

The restomod will line up fine as long as you have room to mount the base behind it. Mine replaced a Tri-ax handle on the shifter that came with the TKO-600.

jeremiahkellam
02-11-2010, 05:33 PM
Not sure if this one fits the 3560... item # 391 5074

I've looked at the restomod shifters (and other custom made jobs) and they seemed to have some lateral slop. If you can get in touch with Daron or Mason, they have been using one and could give you more info

http://go.mrgasket.com/newproducts/flyers/NPHurst.pdf

Mason
02-13-2010, 10:24 AM
We have the Restomod piece bolted up to a TKO600.

It works very well, but it's not perfect. The connections between the links are via nut / bolt, so the extent of slop versus friction is determined by the nut / bolt torque. You do need to keep up with maintaining the "right" torque. When it's right, it works great. When it gets a little loose, you can miss shifts.

So, it could be better, but it is a good off-the-shelf solution for a fair price. I'd buy it again.